The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-20-2015

Best wishes for you guys in the path of this snow. I hope there are no serious set backs from it.
We are to get a little over the week end, but no accumulation is in the current forecast.
Stray warm and work on trains
Regards
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-20-2015

Summer is over ..... We had a wonderful warm and sunny November until yesterday. It's raining today and the temperature is dropping from 65° to 25°. We expect tomorrow night the first snow. The biweekly forcast is all around the freezing point we rain and snow. Looks like perfect model railroad weather.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-20-2015

Weather reports can't agree on whether we get snow Sat. and Sun. or just Sat.
Sat. is railway club meeting -- about 20 miles north, through the country.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Catweasel - 11-21-2015

07.05 here in the UK. Wet and cold. Winter drawers on. Took my recently aquired Bachmann SD40-2 to the club yesterday for a run on the DCC layout. She plodded round for a couple of hours in each direction without a murmer. Should be nicely run in now. Loksound will be ordered soon for her. Have fun all of you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 11-21-2015

1st sprinkling of snow here in the Land of the Northern Haggis on the 60 metre contour line - birds water was frozen solid this morning. Have a good one

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-21-2015

Good morning everyone, hope your weekend is going well for you all. Speaking of snow, they just opened the Snow Bowl to skiing up outside of Flagstaff, and Sunrise is opening today up in the White Mountains, both, of course, are in northern Arizona. This is the earliest that they've opened these ski slopes in a very long time. To us, it doesn't matter when they open since we don't ski anyway, but it does affect the weather down our way, and yes, it's been down in the mid-40's in the morning for a while now. Today should be different, it's 58 right now at 5 AM, and should get up to 80 by this afternoon. Can't complain about that. Nope

Not much else to report, we're still busy packing, trips to Goodwill and to our storage unit, all stuff we need to do if we are going to move to a smaller house. I'm still wondering where we're going to fit everything we have here and in storage. :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-21-2015

Good day all. It's sunny but cold in eastern Ohio but the clouds are moving in and snow flurries are in the forecast.
Days, I feel your pain on the downsizing. We did it just before I retired. We went from 6 rooms and a basement to 3 rooms.
I built a building fo my trains and under the layout is stored all the stuff we need to get rid of when we are done using it. Goldth someday. It seems though that the room under there is getting fuller. Nope
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-21-2015

Greetings, gang.

Mostly sunny and 14 degrees this morning in the snow covered reaches of northern Iowa. We were blessed with about 8" of snow yesterday. The high for today is supposed to be about 20 by noon and then start going backwards again. The low by tomorrow morning is supposed to be about 5.

Not much planned for today other than clear off the end of the driveway after the snow plow left me a nice present. I'll wait until late morning so it's as warm as possible before I go out there.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-21-2015

Good Morning Blue
32 degrees and the snow has begun.
It's sticking to the grass but the pavement is still warm enough for melt.
I'm sure the snow will win.
Another football Saturday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 11-21-2015

Mornin' All :

It's one day I don't look forward to , ....first day of putting the furnace on Crazy .....got down to ZERO overnight and 61 in the house , so it was time to " take the chill off " Last year it was earlier than this and to complicate matters , some wasps had built a nest in the furnace exhaust so the pilot light went out ....took a while for me to figure that one out . This year , ni problem . Well , time for a cuppa .

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-22-2015

Morning. Cloudy and chilly. Suppose to go well below freezing tonight [first time this year]. Back from hunting. Fred and I both shot "culls" [ugly antlers]. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-22-2015

Good Morning Blue
Sun but cold.
We did get plenty of snow. The sun is melting it now. but it all won't be gone today.
The pavement stayed warm so no shoveling here but much more elsewhere.
Two good Michigan football games yesterday and today I will watch the lowly Lions till I fall asleep.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 11-22-2015

Lions need to bring Barry out of retirement ...he wouldn't be worst guy on the field . That team is almost unwatchable .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-23-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 28 with a high predicted to be in the mid 30s. Snow is disappearing rapidly. The ground is still comparatively warm and the sun was out all day yesterday so the snow is melting from both directions.

Got caught up on laundry and routine house cleaning chores yesterday. Today I need to make a grocery run along with a stop at Menards. Friday night I ordered a new laptop. Today I should learn just when it will be delivered. Right now it's time to go forage for food.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-23-2015

Have a good day everyone. A trip to Harbor freight today to return a shelter I thought I needed.
We started out with a balmy 16 degrees but the temp s rising so it will make it to 40 by 2 PM.
Regards
Charlie