The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-14-2015

Hello Blue. We have a balmy 64 right now but rain is only a little west of us. Heading for the Ponderosa for lunch with friends at 2 PM.
Got some work done on the HILO camper rebuild I am doing. I never figured I would be able to work this time of year.
I hope everyone is ahead of their problems today. Everyone stay safe
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-14-2015

Hello Blue
We took advantage of the 60 degrees and made a trip to the closest mall this morning.
Club night went smooth as usual. This guy knows how to scenic.
Video @ Detroit3railers.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-14-2015

TV said that at one point today, we had a higher temperature than Phoenix.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-15-2015

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 34 degrees outside my window this morning. The high for today is supposed to be about 39 and cloudy but no rain. Rain total for the weekend was 3.75 inches. That's unusual for around here, even in the summer.

Yesterday I picked up some Christmas gifts for one of the grandkids. No major plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-15-2015

BR60103 Wrote:TV said that at one point today, we had a higher temperature than Phoenix.

Yup, I can believe that. I see pictures of people jogging in Central Park in their shorts, while we were shivering here all day yesterday. It snowed up in northern Arizona and rained a good part of the day throughout the Phoenix area. Temps never got over the high 50's, and won't for the next few days. There are times that it will snow in what we call the, "high desert", just to the north of our valley, and I do have shots of it snowing closer in, it just doesn't last long, nor does it stay on the ground for very long. Hey, it won't be that long before some newbie newscaster tries to fry an egg on the sidewalk again.... Crazy

Still unpacking. We can't find our Christmas tree, it was one of the first things we put into storage and so we bought one yesterday at Walmart. Pre-lit and almost ready to go out of the box. The house is still in chaos, but at least it will look more like Christmastime now. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-15-2015

Good morning all. Still warm for this time of year in southeast Ohio but that may soon come to an end.
I hope everyone is well.
I'm remembering Jeffrey on the anniversary of his death. He really left a big hole in this camp.
Stay safe everyone.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-15-2015

Sunny and 70's. Unbelievable. NC moved to FL.

Another day in front of TV news cameras. I hope the Chief closes this case soon. Maybe late today. Can't get my Christmas shopping doen nor chores here.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 12-15-2015

Morning all. 61 presently going up to 70 bought gas yesterday $1.71.9 Smile not a lot going on need to get going thou my turn to do house work wife down with a bad cold. so just a fly by today you all have a good day talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-15-2015

Well, Don, it looks like we won't be parking our RV in your driveway this winter. 357

5 years ago we started Dec. 1 towards California from Ontario. We didn't see snow until we got to New Mexico (Albiquoiky) and then Arizona (Williams). We were sort of snowed in as they suggested that we not go farther without chains.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-16-2015

Morning. Nothing new. Case still not closed. Getting tired of this. Reporters interrupted this AM coffee and now got to get going.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-16-2015

Chief, reporters at times are dumber than a hoe handle. I love the 11 PM TV news when they are standing in front off a dark court house coming to us live about a case that was tried that morning. They don't have sense to go inside after dark, and it does not add one bit to the story.
Cloudy but still unseasonably warm here today with a chance of rain tonight.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-16-2015

Hello Blue
Gloomy 40s today
The weather people are as dumb as doorknobs. If i was a police chief and they were out reporting in a dangerous storm I would have them arrested for their own good. Total idiots, those people.
Something different under the tree this year. A circle of Flier track with a Choo-Choo train. Ah the old smell of Super Smoke.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-17-2015

Greetings, gang.

Another cloudy day in store for me today. Right now it's 30 and that's as warm as it''s going to get.

Very little accomplished yesterday. Got a Christmas card n the mail from one of my wife's grade school friends. It was a tough call to make. I've been testing the flight simulator games I bought for one of my grandsons. One looks to be pretty good but the other is so bad I'm not going to return it to Gamestop. It's so bad that it is trash bound. Every flight simulator I've used (since the early 80s on a Vic-20) has you pull the joystick back to raise the nose. This one has you push the stick forward. And I never did figure out how to fire the weapons.

Today I need to get some gifts wrapped and make a motel reservation. I'll be traveling to Sioux Falls, SD, for grandson's hockey tournament. Planning to have Christmas while we're there.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-17-2015

Good morning. rain here in east Ohio today. May take the wife shopping later.
I once bought a cheap computer game that was a Nazi Submarine hunter. You had to hunt the 7 seas for your prey. You could go days and never find anything to shoot at, it was that real, but not any fun. who wants to sit for days searching for something to shoot in a video action game. Goldth
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-17-2015

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy as usual, 40 is today's High.
Back to Greenfield Village this evening to run the Christmas modular layout.
S.J.