The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-20-2016

FiatFan Wrote:...Don - with all your cold weather do you have your down filled coat out yet? 357

All stay safe.

Tom

Well, it's still packed up in a box in the garage, and the garage is too cold right now to go out there and get it... 357

That was earlier this morning, when we were coming back from shopping around noon, we actually turned on the A/C for few minutes because the van got too hot sitting out in the parking lot. Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-21-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 12 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 20s with a chance of light snow for tonight.

Another day of goofing off scheduled for today although I might make it to the gym.

Don - got a good chuckle out of your reply.

East coast members - keep your heads down. Looks to be a nasty weekend for you.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-21-2016

Morning. Warmer today. Tomorrow is another story. Tom is sending some of his mess here. A few chores today. Beavers given up on building dam in spillway but doing damage else where at the pond.

Stay warm, well and dry.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-21-2016

Waiting for Snow-Hio the only thing the weather forecast doesn't have in it is algebra! Eek

I'm waiting for a weather guesser to simply say, "Yes, Bill - we're gonna get a huge amount of snow"!!

They keep dancing around - 6" - 10" - 12" - 18" - 20" .... then they will say "We accurately predicted the amount of snowfall"!!!
Sure you did... because you said every number between 6 & 20!! Crazy Crazy Crazy

Well, we'll see what we get and how much we can shovel. Nope Nope

Everyone stay safe!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-22-2016

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 20s today.
I feel for those in the storms way but happy to say it will miss us.
If that much snow fell here we would be looking at it till the middle of March.
I enjoyed the new Lionel catalogs but not the prices.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-22-2016

Sleet this morning. Had some snow earlier. 27 degrees. Bouncing up and down. Was 27, 26 and now back to 27. Hope the freezing rains does not come. Generator ready.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-22-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 18 headed for cloudy and 20. Picked up about an inch of snow overnight. I'd rather get 2 inches. Then I could justify using the snow blower.

Sympathies to all those in the path of the storm but as SJ said I'm glad I'm not in the path of the storm.

Only project for today is to clean the sidewalks.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-22-2016

Snowing here in "beautiful Downtown Vernon Hills". Looks like in every cubic foot of air, there might be three snowflakes, gently falling down. :mrgreen:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-23-2016

Morning all been a few days. Got a dusting of snow over night maybe if lucky about 1/4" Not a lot going on here. suppose to get a couple of packages today one is just some postwar billboards and there cardboard signs that go with them the other is a order from Menards which the wife it going to intercept and hold for my birthday on the first. Yeah I know whats coming but never ordered or seen stuff from them so it's still going to be nice. We normally will either pick out or buy but not touch our own gifts for Christmas and birthdays and all, that way we get what we want and still enjoy it.

30 out there right now but going up to 44 before the day is over then down to 25 tonight. Hope all up north east side are safe and with power. Stay warm and dry. Talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-23-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 30 today.
The snow storm is becoming a nightmare. I feel sorry for anyone in it's path.
On the other hand the Weather Channel reporters drive me nuts with their silly snow reports.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-23-2016

Yeah... --- Weather reporters: repetition....repetition (with drama) then more repetition... 12" already.... it stinks!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-23-2016

Been on generator since 7 AM. Power dropped at 6:05 AM. Duke Power promised to get right on it. Did 8 hours later. A 20 min. fix. Just wouldn't send anyone. Whole town out. Curse Hope RT is OK. Well, Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-23-2016

ngauger Wrote:Yeah... --- Weather reporters: repetition....repetition (with drama) then more repetition... 12" already.... it stinks!!!

Icon_twisted Here in the "Chicago-land area", they are reporting; " Monster Storm Hits East Coast " Wink
D.C. , unless drivers there have learned better, is a "Slippery Slope Zoo", and it looks bad all the way north to Massachusetts,
maybe further now since I last looked at the TV.

Vernon Hills got a light dusting, with slightly cooler temps. (( "reporting", not bragging )) Wink Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-23-2016

They are reporting 15 - 17 in different places around us Sad The winds are really blowing and drifting the snow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-24-2016

Morning. Sun is making ice fall fast from trees. 27 degrees but rising fast. Everything canceled here. Streets clean here. Warming into the 40's today.

Hope all those north of us are OK.

Later.