The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-24-2016

Hello Blue
I am watching wet snow that was suppose to be rain until nightfall.
We are on the line of a little bit to holly shi#.
By this time tomorrow it will have passed.
I ordered 1 item from the Lionel catalog. A PS1 boxcar with sounds.
It has clickity clack and squeals, ect should be a fun car.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-25-2016

Good morning all. Got a surprise yesterday when we filled up the van. Gas was at $1.259, the lowest I've seen in years. Took less than $20 to fill up. I remember just a few years ago filling up our truck and the pump would stop at $100 because that was the limit set by the credit card company. They changed that after a while, but filling up those days sure stung the wallet. We are now suppose to feel sorry for the oil companies, but I don't remember any of them feeling sorry for us when gas was pushing $4.00 a gallon. I know in some areas, it even was higher than that.

Still working in the garage, got the wiring done, now's time to unpack to tools and move things around so we're not tripping on saws and other large tools. The forecast for the next ten days is that we're back in the 80's again along with some predicted new records. In the meantime, we still have a bunch of bad weather back east, and our prayers are for those that are affected. I see tornado watches as far north as New Jersey. That's got to be some sort of a record too....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-25-2016

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all. Got a surprise yesterday when we filled up the van. Gas was at $1.259, the lowest I've seen in years. Took less than $20 to fill up. I remember just a few years ago filling up our truck and the pump would stop at $100 because that was the limit set by the credit card company. They changed that after a while, but filling up those days sure stung the wallet. We are now suppose to feel sorry for the oil companies, but I don't remember any of them feeling sorry for us when gas was pushing $4.00 a gallon. I know in some areas, it even was higher than that.

I called my bank about that one time and they told me it was the gas station doing it, to do they would have to do anywhere you shopped. I had a station that did it at $50.00

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-25-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, cold, and windy in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 30 right now with a predicted high of 34. Winds are out of the northwest at 17 gusting to 24 mph.

Nothing exciting happened yesterday. Went to the gym and decided to put gas in the car. $1.52, not too bad. Went to the gym this morning and gas was $1.69. Eek Sure glad I stopped yesterday.

Got a phone call from my son. Mar 28 is the PET scan. Keeping our fingers crossed for good news.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-25-2016

We used to run into the "credit limit" filling up the motor home, but it was sometimes $100 and sometimes $75. If we were doing fairly solid driving, we could use $100 a day.
On this year's trip we seldom, if ever, went over $60.
Gas here is around .83-.85 per litre (litre is about a quart), but that's a Canadian .83.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 02-26-2016

We are back from a week of spring on the island of Tenerife. Some rain showers on the first two days but warm and bright sun all other days. Tenerife is packed with British tourists searching for an alternate vacation spot after Egypt is not favored anymore. You save a lot of trouble if you stay left on the sidewalks or you have to fight your way through the British crowds. Anyhow it was a great time and the most tourists are older people like us and that ensures a nice and friendly atmosphere without jelling and excessive drinking.
I met a nice lady from UK at the pool that was concerned about my "shattaff". It tok some time for us to understand that a Scottish "shattaff" (she was from Glasgow) and a German "Schatten" is what english people call a "shadow" Big Grin
My wife got a cold, is in bed, sounds scary and needs some "maintenance". I am here to do all required service and even some more.

ps. The "shattaff" reminds me on my first meeting with a colleague from Australia. We were introduced on a company parking lot in Poughkeepsie/NY and he greeted me with a very friendly "it's a nice die to die". I replied somewhat confused "who died?"..... English taught at German schools is not always helpful :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-26-2016

Morning all. 44 and sunny. Missed the bad storms. Just heavy rains for a short while. Busy yesterday. Morning got interrupted. Wifey's Niece's garage door would not close. Had to go over and get it down. Now to Town Hall for meeting.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-26-2016

Good Morning Blue
Bright sun but only 30 today
Waiting for tomorrows warm up to melt the frozen slush that's on the walks and driveway.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-26-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 36 this morning. High for today is supposed to be 44. Tomorrow is supposed to be56. The NWS said that last weekend and it barely made it to 50. We shall see.

Not much to report today. Got lazy and skipped the gym today. Up next is a trip to Menards to look at new countertops.

Gas dropped to $1.63 except for one station that raised it to $1.79. Guess their gas is better than everyone else's.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 02-26-2016

Good afternoon all.

Ohio weather is still about the same cold during the week but warms up for the weekend which happens to be my work schedule Icon_lol

Not much new here train wise, work last weekend was terrible machines not working up to par and the motor on a lift truck smoked and my id badge broke.

Other than that I have been keeping busy, packing up trains for storage so I can work on the layout(mostly wiring. I did get a new loco a CSX from Williams and it needs a bigger transformer to run.

I have not been on line much lately hope all are doing fine.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-26-2016

Faraway:
Some Germans thought that my mother would be able to speak German because of her Scots accent.
When Scots speak English (some of them, anyway) they pronounce the silent "gh" as a German "ch", giving the phrase "a braw, bricht, moonlit nicht, the nicht" (a fine, bright, moonlit night tonight.)

I took some show and tell to the club meeting last night. I had the P.E. wire-greaser car (Suydam), a Suydam traction modelling handbook, my Model Railroader Bluebook (not complete), Model Railroader Vol. 1 bound volume, and a pair of link and pin couplings.
Next month the meeting is at my place and they'll get dosed with Disney railways.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-27-2016

Morning all to early to tell whats going on today. 32* going to 57* today. Need to take my meds and make something to eat. Hope you all have a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-27-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunshine and 32 outside my window this morning with a high predicted to be in the upper 50s.

Yesterday afternoon one of my grandsons dropped by for a nice visit. We tentatively made plans to go shooting on Sunday but the current forecast calls for 45 degrees and 40 mph winds. Probably not gonna go. Last night I made some potato salad for a porch picnic planned for this afternoon.

Also been having a problem with a bird who likes to camp out for the night under the awning over my back door. This happens every spring. I go out after dark with a stick and chase him out. Takes about three or four nights before he gets the message that it's not a safe place to spend the night. I don't mind him being there. it's just the mess he leaves on the ground. This has been happening for about the last four years.

Nothing major planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-27-2016

Morning. Caught up on all my DVR'd shows this AM. Stuffed up with cold. 46 degrees and sunny.
Tom, you bird harasser, you. Wink
RT, sounds like you are doing OK.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-28-2016

Greetings, gang.

Right now it's sunny and 43 outside but that's going to change. Winds are predicted to switch to the NW and gust up to 40 mph as the temperature falls. By this afternoon it's supposed to be in the upper 30s.

Beautiful day yesterday for late Feb. Sunny and 63 degrees. Spent a lot of time outdoors yesterday. Picked up trash and sticks in the yard. At one point I just sat on the patio and enjoyed the sun.

No plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom