The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-08-2016

Greetings, gang.

Warm up is right. It hit 70 degrees yesterday. Today is supposed to be 67.

Went to the gym in the morning yesterday and got the bike out for my first ride of the season. Only thing on the agenda for this morning is a trip to the gym I may get the bike out for another ride this afternoon before the weather turns cooler tomorrow (low 50s).

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 03-08-2016

We were even in the lows 60's here so I rolled out the bar-b-que to pretend it was really Spring ! It's going to stay warm but rainy for a few days apparently . I'd like to get the yard cleaned up and do other little outside chores ....not long now .

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-09-2016

Morning all. Sunny and already 62. Going to 80. Got grape vines to prune [should have last month]. Errand and then pond. Got some poachers and they sassed Fred yesterday. I'll be hiding and waiting this afternoon.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-09-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 39 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 50s.

Temperature got up to 70 again yesterday but it was very windy again so I went for a walk instead of riding my bike. Then about 4:30 the wind finally died down so I went for a bike ride also.

Shopping trip is on tap for this morning. Need to stock up on some basics.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-09-2016

Evening all. Been a busy day. Had to go back to Wal-Mart and return a GoPhone by AT&T as could not get a signal here where I live. Same story with my Consumer cellular phone I had. We thought we would give AT&T a chance any way now have Verizon and we get fair signal ( 2 bars inside the house) Got a deal and a half this am thou. on the Bay was a Williams by Bachmann O Gauge scale GG1 PRR solid stripe Tuscan red buy it now $99.99 new in box cellophane still on the box and comes with original shipping box also. plus $18.99 shipping. They are selling on the Bay for $250 - $300 I wanted another I have a black one at present 5 stripe but now two scale engines they require O-42 or better track. This will be a nice addition to my collection. Relaxing now Got 2 packages in today also need to check the TMCC CAb1 and base out. and the other package had a 2018 ( 2-6-4 ) and a few cars all needing repair but the engine works and the smoke unit works I bought it mainly for parts as had another 2018 in better cosmetic appearance that I couldn't get going well I guess last night it realized this one was coming it and I tried it and it ran like a champ so now have 2 of them. So ordered parts for it and a couple of other engines I'm working on. Working on a 2025 also Which I needed parts for including a E-Unit as when it came in it didn't have one lol. it was wired to go forward only. Got more shelves up this week and have more I need to get up. Talk to you all later. It made it up to 76* here today Smile

Edit well the TMCC with cab one doesn't seem to be working the cab one seems to be putting out a signal but the base unit isn't receiving it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-10-2016

Greetings gang.

It's a sunny 30 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning with a projected high in the upper 50s. The warming trend will continue through the weekend but rain chances increase by Saturday.

Started on my taxes yesterday. Still trying to figure out how to deal with some of it. Not too happy with the state of Iowa. I don't make enough to have to file but last fall the state started taking out so I have to file to get it back. Not real keen on giving the state a no interest loan.

Also yesterday I bought some new (much needed) shirts. On tap for today are a trip to the gym this morning and late this afternoon is beer and bereavement.

In the medical news department my son is back to work for the next two weeks until his surgery on the 22nd. He's expecting to be off work for only a week or so after the surgery.

My other son called yesterday afternoon. He was just blessed with a 7% pay cut. The company he works for is related to the oil industry and has been hit pretty hard by the slowdown. With the rise in the price of oil recently I don't expect this to be a long term problem.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-10-2016

Morning. 64 degrees and rising fast. Only one lunch here in town for today. Outside activities.
Hope all are well.
Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-10-2016

54 and sprinkles throughout the day.
We did get a couple days in the 70s.
Not normal for March in Michigan. I'll take it though.
Most of you are not 3 railers but if you search detriot3railers.com you find a very good club video.
We have a different host each month.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 03-10-2016

Yeah , the light rains came our way S.J. ....didn't stop me from B-B-Queing again though Goldth ......darn , I missed a nearby train show last weekend , clean forgot about it . I look forward to it because I don't see many mrring guys over the winter as we are usually doing hobby related things like good boys .

Working on a couple of HO vehicles last few days for a change of pace .

Have a good one .

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-10-2016

Just for interest, the temperature at Jersey City is 72* F; the temperature at Disney World is 72* F. It's 41* F ih Guelph (5C).
I started in wiring my bigger station. Found I already had wires for many blocks. I have a crossover that won't move using the switch machines. Luckily, it's the escape crossover for 2 platforms and they can only be backed into, anyways!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-11-2016

Morning all. 66 degrees and rising. Off tot he lake house. Prayers for those in the floods and high waters. Guys ridging up tobacco land behind the house.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-11-2016

Morning all. yesterday was just a keep you busy day nothing much but this and that to keep you going. 64* presently going to 82* today. No real plans for today. Hope all are having a good TGIF. Talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-11-2016

Good morning all. The start of another weekend, I hope a good one for you. For us, well, we've taken it easy for a few days so maybe just a bit of unpacking to get more of my tools up on the pegboards. Temps are back in the 80's. Strange how some folks back east are seeing high temps while others are getting the wrath of storms. I too wish them the best in getting through the flooding and ice.

Just sitting here listening to the F-35's flying overhead from Luke AFB. We're a bit closer to the base now than we were. Before they used to circle around to the north of us on their landing approach. Now they're just to the east of us, but a bit closer. I will never complain about the jet noise, some people do, but Luke has been a training base for pilots all over the free world many years, F-16's have been flying there for a long time, and now the F-35 has arrived. Sometimes we can see them flying four planes in formation making a pass over the base before they land. What do they call it.... ah, "the sounds and sights of freedom". Thumbsup I get more upset from the sound of someone gunning their motorcycle engine down the street than I could ever from the sounds of jets flying nearby. I guess four years in the USAF have helped me appreciate that more than some others do. Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-11-2016

ezdays Wrote:I get more upset from the sound of someone gunning their motorcycle engine down the street than I could ever from the sounds of jets flying nearby. I guess four years in the USAF have helped me appreciate that more than some others do. Worship

Don,
Those of us who have put our lives on the line for our country, tend to appreciate a lot of things more than others do.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-12-2016

Morning all 66 and partly cloudy. Long day yesterday but got the lake house yards done beautifully.
DAZ, great to see those planes. F15's buzzed lake house. They do every time you are there.
Have a good one.