The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-09-2016

Greetings, gang

Sunny and cool in eastern Iowa this afternoon. 46 with light winds. Rain moves in overnight with 70% chance for tomorrow.

Son still in hospital after latest surgery. Doctor was just here and said if blood counts improve he could go home tomorrow. If I had known how long he was going to be here I would have made a quick trip home to care of a few things and be back to help him once he gets out of the hospital. Oh, well. We'll work something out.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-09-2016

New car saga.
Last Saturday, in a parking lot, I backed into somebody. I hit their bumper. With the hatch door -- at license plate level. Far enough to detach part of the inner lining. No visible scratches on the other bumper.
Since the car is nearing 10 years old and un-denting it would be a significant portion of its value, we decided to trade. I found a reasonable new car, but SWMBO wanted a different colour (white instead of tomato) and the dealer located one with some extra features that we wanted. We arranged to get money and talked to our insurance agent.
Saturday morning we came back from coffee to a phone message that the salesman had been expecting to see us at 9:00. First we heard. So we cleaned out the old car, picked up a bank draft, and went to dealer. Then found that we didn't have insurance OK. Called agent -- no answer because of Saturday. Worry. Person who was supposed to call us and agent hadn't. Insurance agent called back and assured us that we would be covered. All very anxiety making.
So now we have a new Ford Focus hatchback (previous car was the last wagon sold in Ontario) with lots of bits that work, a BACKUP CAMERA, and other bells and whistles. And a thick manual that covers bits that we don't know if we have.
Tonight we went to a Baroque concert -- more Latin than I've heard in one day since high school -- and parked 4 spaces away from anyone else in the parking lot.

Back to railway construction tomorrow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-10-2016

30 degrees with snow expected. Turning to rain late in the day.
Just checking in. Too many things going on and York is zooming in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-10-2016

Morning all. Was COLD this AM. Warming fast now. Got to get tax documents rounded up and ready. CPA tomorrow.
Prayers for Tom's son and DAZ's Wifey.
Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-12-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 27 headed for a high in the low 50s. gradual warming trend for the remainder of the week.

Home for a day and a half to get some things done around here. I'll head back to my son's house tomorrow morning. His biggest challenge right now is that his seat belt hits right where part of his latest surgery was so it's not a good idea for him to drive. I'll probably be down there for at least a week.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 04-12-2016

Sun is shining brightly, and it is "not exactly warm" outside. Tonight is one of my "get the ( expletive deleted )out of the house, and have some social contact, and some fun and drink". Seems like I have more things going on, on Tuesdays, than almost any other day.
Got the ironwork done on the spars of the 'Tern', next up will be all the blocks, eye-bolts, shackles and shackle pins......and then I can rig the " lazy lifts ", sheets, and get the fore, main, and mizzen booms attached, and lay in the furled sails.
I also got the pin-rails built and installed.....now if I could only remember where I left all the belaying pins ! :oops:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-13-2016

Morning. 55 degrees and warming. Mid 60's. Dry after a day of rains. Should be dry for a while.

Wifey's Aunt passed yesterday.

Tom, prayers for your son. Be safe in your travels.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-14-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 43 in eastern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 60s. Looks to be a very nice day.

Son's doctor appointment went well yesterday. Blood tests all came back normal and surgery is healing nicely.

Nothing scheduled for today other than son's laundry. While that is in progress we'll be watching the latest Start Wars.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-14-2016

Morning. Was 38 degrees earlier. Now it says 50 degrees. Mid 60's today with 20 mph winds.

Had two meetings today. Both have bad colds and backed out. Off to neighboring HS for plant sell. Wifey has marked the plants she wants me to buy on their list.

NRA banquet tonight.

Tom, great news on son.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-15-2016

Good morning all, the start of yet another beautiful weekend, for a lot of us anyway. The weather is crazy, we'll be in the 90's while a lot of folks are still battling snow. That includes Flagstaff, just a bit over 100 miles to the north of us. We were suppose to have rain today and tomorrow, but they substituted wind instead. Icon_lol

Traffic around here is a mess. They closed the Bell/Grand intersection until the holidays. That is the third busiest intersection in the area and long overdo for the overpass over Grand Ave. and the BNSF main line. The detour routes seem to be running decent, it's those shortcut routes that are getting overloaded. That, and there's been like nine accidents around the detour in the first three days. People aren't confused, they just don't have the patience to slow down. The, "I'm more important than anyone else" syndrome rules when it comes to traffic etiquette.

Anyway, have a great weekend and if you're into bad weather, drive safely and have faith, it'll be hot and humid before you know it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 04-15-2016

The sky over beautiful Downtown Vernon Hills, IL, is deep blue, with no clouds, and bright sunshine. I don't know what weather is west of us, or how fast it is coming our way, but I'll enjoy what I have right now.
I just might have to get the bicycle down, pump up the tires, and take a ride. I couldn't ask for a better day for the first ride of 2016.
The alternative is to sit home and start the running rigging on the Tern,....... but that means "stropping blocks" making shackles and shackle pins, splicing eyes in all the lines ........and, maybe, three days from now I'll be back here with a progress report.
:wait: :wait:
Nope had a conversation with "self" and bike ride won Wink Thumbsup Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-15-2016

Greetings, gang.

Mostly cloudy and 73 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this afternoon and that's as warm as it's going to be. Nice weather is supposed to prevail through the weekend with some minor chances for rain Monday or Monday night.

Back home from son's house. Doctor visit this morning went well. He took out some of the 63 staples from the most recent surgery.

S250 - good choice on the bike ride. Outside is better than inside whenever you can swing it. I'll be getting my bike out tomorrow.

Chief - I forgot to mention it yesterday but please accept my condolences on the passing of your wife's aunt.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-16-2016

Morning gang. Was 40 degrees earlier. Weather station indicates 53 [just jumped a degree] but it is not in the shade. Got our big Rec Day Parade at 10. May still be chilly then. If wind does not blow like the last few days, will not be too bad. Ride with the pretty lady Grand Marshal. Got my wave down pat. Then a few words to kick off kids baseball/softball season.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 04-16-2016

The sun is bright, the sky is blue and cloudless,the temperature is on the warm side of average, and there's green starting to show on the branches of the trees.
I've got tons to do today, and have an "evening out" scheduled for tonight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-17-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 57 headed for cloudy and 74. Nice weather today and tomorrow but then the rain moves in until Thursday.

Quiet day yesterday. I did get the bike out for a ride. I'll ride again today but that's about it. Still resting from a difficult two weeks.

All stay safe.

Tom