The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-30-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have clouds and 64 degrees, 70s later
Tom I am so sorry for your wife, I can't think of words that don't hurt except we are praying for her.
It appears that Sunday evenings storm is finally getting cleaned up and most everyone has power back on now.
A little train time and some yard cleanup was my yesterday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-30-2014

Good morning everyone on this clear and sunny Wednesday. I don't know why, but I really have a bad time spelling some words and "Wednesday" is one of them. I guess because it's pronounced a bit different than how it's spelled. Anyway, for the record, I got it right this time. Thumbsup Another word I have trouble with is "restaurant ", and no, I did not get it right this time once again :cry: . A big thanks to whoever put together these self-checking spell checkers. 2285_

Today, we're looking at temps above 110, no rain and for the third or fourth day, we've had a record warm low. One day has a low of 94, all the other days were at least at 90. I can remember days in the past where it was 100 at midnight. And yeah, our next electric bill is going to be around $350 no matter what we do. There's usually a piece in the evening news about some apartment complex somewhere in town without A/C. The most recent was one where the owner was cited and fined before for neglect. I don't know how some of these slumlords can live with themselves and treat people this way just to make a extra few bucks. We keep our A/C set higher than most people, and it still is going on all day and night.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-30-2014

ezdays Wrote:Good morning everyone on this clear and sunny Wednesday. I don't know why, but I really have a bad time spelling some words and "Wednesday" is one of them. I guess because it's pronounced a bit different than how it's spelled. Anyway, for the record, I got it right this time. Thumbsup Another word I have trouble with is "restaurant ", and no, I did not get it right this time once again :cry: . A big thanks to whoever put together these self-checking spell checkers. 2285_
Wednesday (wɛdənzdeɪ/,ˈwɛnzdeɪ/ or /ˈwɛnzdi/) is the day of the week following Tuesday and before Thursday .The name is derived from Old English Wōdnesdæg and Middle English Wednesdei, "day of Wodanaz", ultimately a calque of dies Mercurii "day of Mercury".

Called my med complaint in to the doc and he's going to start me on Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim). I've used it before with no ill effects.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 07-30-2014

Running Bear Wrote:A bright spot to the day! My desire to have a telescope has resulted in a 50/600mm Aries coming my way. Like new for $20. And my fathers paying for it. Can't beat that. If you can I don't wanna know about it.
Icon_lol

Where did you get that telescope..?? I used to have one, but "visitors" to my house relieved me of it. I sure could use another one..

Running Bear Wrote:Wednesday (wɛdənzdeɪ/,ˈwɛnzdeɪ/ or /ˈwɛnzdi/) is the day of the week following Tuesday and before Thursday .The name is derived from Old English Wōdnesdæg and Middle English Wednesdei, "day of Wodanaz", ultimately a calque of dies Mercurii "day of Mercury".

Called my med complaint in to the doc and he's going to start me on Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim). I've used it before with no ill effects.

For some reason since we normally don't say it like it's spelled, I normally get the "d" and "n" mixed up and forget where the "e" goes. I offer to petition those responsible for the English language to go with one of your easier spelling, like, "Wenzday", or how I usually spell it, "Wensday". So much easier to remember, and it saves two letters as well...

Glad you got your meds straightened out. One thing my wife has always complained about is that the doctor gives us some meds for one ailment, and has to give us another to counter the side affects of that one, then yet another one to combat the side affects of the second one. Worse yet, when they give you something for say your headaches and find that one of the side affects listed for that drug is,,,,, yup, headaches :o . Take something for heart palpitations and you you find that "increased or irregular heart rate" could be a side affect, which is the reason you're taking that drug in the first place. 35 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 07-30-2014

ezdays Wrote:... For some reason since we normally don't say it like it's spelled, I normally get the "d" and "n" mixed up and forget where the "e" goes...
That was one of the english words I had trouble at school with. I pronounced it a long time like "wet ness day". My teacher didn't like that...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-30-2014

faraway Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:... For some reason since we normally don't say it like it's spelled, I normally get the "d" and "n" mixed up and forget where the "e" goes...
That was one of the english words I had trouble at school with. I pronounced it a long time like "wet ness day". My teacher didn't like that...
My teacher couldn't do much about the way I heard it. Wedaysen. She could however make sure I said it properly.

faraway Wrote:

Heck, my teachers didn't like the way I spelled a lot of words. Not only that, but they thought my handwriting was atrocious to boot. I have no idea if they still teach kids spelling in schools today. I know that they're not teaching cursive writing anymore in some schools. I guess when you equip kindergarten kids with laptops and smartphones, that's going to be their world from that point on. :cry:

Good evening. temp is 78 with 67% humidity. Partly cloudy. Looks like a nice night. I should have my telescope Friday, as in day after tomorrow. Naturally the forecast is for clouds and rain all weekend and the next week.

Nothing really special went on today. My doc reevaluated me for the wound vac yesterday and told Home Health to continue with it. So a nurse showed up today to reattach me to my ball and chain. Hopefully not for too much longer. The wound at the big toe amputation site is smaller than a quarter now, so maybe another week or two? Season Two of Star Trek Voyager should be here Tuesday. I picked it up for less than $30 so that's coming off my SS money. Just means I'll have to do without pork or chicken for August. No biggie.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P9120423.jpg]
9/12/07 KCS SD50 7011 coming into the Leesville yard. The current KCS roster now shows 7011 as being off roster.

[Image: P9120430.jpg]

[Image: P9120442.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-31-2014

Morning. Partly cloudy. Showers forecasted for later this afternoon. Showers tomorrow through the weekend. Think we are going to mold. Got back from lake house yesterday to a full day of meetings. Only one today at noon. Garden to pick. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-31-2014

Good morning all, we are now on the downside of the hump and sliding into the weekend faster than we'd like... well some of us anyway... Another hot one in store for today. We keep on breaking our record warm lows with temps over 90. Right now it's around 5:30AM and it's 90, so we'll probably have another record set today. As for the highs, that record for today is 116, and we're suppose to only get up to 111. They are forecasting rain starting tomorrow through the weekend, and the Weather Channel is saying that we may not reach 100 on Sunday. Sounds too good to be true, I've seen summers here where the highs never got below 100 all summer long. Last year we had some 25 days of temps in the 110 and over range, so a high in the 90's is rare.

On the bright side, the streets are easier to navigate, it's easier to find a good parking spot anyplace and the lines at the grocery stores are a lot shorter, all this because of the temps and people hunkering down someplace up north waiting for them to drop below 100 and stay there.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-31-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and clouds @ 62 chilly degrees. north wind blowing.
While some of you are over heated we here in Mich are still waiting for summer to arrive.
Normal temps for this time of year are close to 90, we are getting 70s on a good day.
No global warming seen around here.
I expect winter will be very cold again.
Guess we will find Don and spend the winter with him Smile
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-31-2014

Can you all believe its AUGUST already??????? Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-31-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Can you all believe its AUGUST already??????? Nope

I would, if it was, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow.... 357

Time flies way too fast as it is at our age, please don't rush things.... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-31-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Can you all believe its AUGUST already??????? Nope
Not quite. August starts tomorrow. Cheers

Good morning. It's 72° with 83% humidity. We're expecting a fair chance of showers and thunderstorms this morning. This activity should decrease by early afternoon. The high will be 85° and cloudy.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

No plans for today other than to stay dry. I think I'll hook up the IIc today and play a game of Star Fleet 1. It'll give me a chance to hear the sound quality of the new speaker I put in it before my last hospital stay.

[Image: Imag0006.jpg]

[Image: Imag0008.jpg]

[Image: Imag0012.jpg]