The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-30-2016

Will be noon by the time I hit post. Sunny and 82 degrees. T'boomers forecasted as the tropical comes by.

Taking it easy today. Was invited to several Memorial Day events but said, "No." Need some time off for a change. Seems good.

Remember those who paid it all.

Hope all have a safe and good holiday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-30-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny and warm day in progress in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this afternoon. 79 right now headed for 84. Rain chances start overnight through Wed. morning then dry the rest of the week.

Quiet day yesterday. did some cooking and watched "The Moon is Blue" with Audrey Hepburn and William Holden. She is so good in that movie.

Today I've been for a bike ride and to Menards. This afternoon I'll be putting down some more rock around the Backyard & Southern and then running some trains.

Don - nice poem.

All stay safe and have a happy Memorial Day.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-30-2016

I finally got a chance to do nothing but work on the railroad Smile i finally - after 3 failed attempts - Repaired a 4 foot section of curved track that was giving our steam engine's tender the hiccups....

It would jump off the rails for no noticeable reason.. Shoot So, I finally installed 20 of those screw on rail joiners and left the track to "float"... It works now! I put 3 screws in the section (where 8 used to be) and it's finally running right! Goldth

Lots of Great Tributes to our fallen heroes! I always think of my relatives who survived the wars, they are all gone now, died of some natural cause or another... All great men though.. All great Men!!!!! Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-31-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 with chances for rain through tonight. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s.

Got the rock put down in the Backyard & Southern yesterday. never did run trains, though. Got a streak of lazies. Not much planned for today. Need to make another trip to Menards for more rock. Also need to order some contacts for the outdoor GP9.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-31-2016

Good morning all. Well, we made it through Memorial Day, when our kids were little, Memorial Day signaled our time to go camping up north. That was long before the days of having to reserve campsites weeks ahead. We'd just go into the campgrounds and pick a site. Since our favorite campgrounds outside of Sedona had just opened for the season, we'd be there early enough to get our choice spot. I doubt that our old bones would allow us to spend a night there now trying to sleep on a cot or in a sleeping bag. Nope

Temps here are going to jump, one TV station says we'll be over 110 come this weekend. Another one was a bit more optimistic and pegged temps at around 108. It really doesn't matter though, it'll be hot out regardless.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-31-2016

Morning all. Partly cloudy and 79 degrees. Big chance of showers all day. Back from one of the elementary schools.

Gave the kids a pep talk. Then lead them around the track. Field day was fun when I left. Kids crawling under crossed ribbons, getting plastic ducks out of a pool, crawling back and dumping in a basket. Not quite as bad as our basic training obstacle course. No barbed wire or machine gun fire. Then there was the "dunking booth". A kid sat in the chair [rotated from sitter to thrower] under bucket with a cup of water in it. Bucket on a board with one end hinged. When a bean bag hit the target, arm with small target swung over and hit bucket. You know the rest. Would have sat in the seat but had to go by a business. Didn't want to be set for that. Other games like tug of war and etc.

Now for more duties.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 05-31-2016

Don, that poem has much meaning for me.
It is the love of freedom that brings so many to not wait to be called, but, who volunteer early, and serve without doubt or question, to defend that freedom.
This the last of seven ships, that I served in. I left her in December 1979 did a tour of duty at Service School Command, Great Lakes, Il., and transferred to Fleet Reserve February 1983, and was permanently retired November 1, 1990.
The Commanding Officer of Farragut, when I reported aboard, was Commander J.M.Boorda. The transfer to the retired list was signed by the Chief Of Naval Personnel, Vice Admiral J.M. Boorda. His last job in the U.S. Navy was Chief Of Naval Operations.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-01-2016

Greetings, gang.

Bright sunshine outside my window this morning. Right now it's 55 headed for a high of 75.

Picked up 6 more bags of rock for the Backyard & Southern. Before I could get it put down the rain started. We picked up a half inch. Also need to wait for the Roundup to work.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym, some yard work, and maybe a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-01-2016

Morning. Weather guessers say possible showers. Who knows. They don't. Never rained yesterday as forecasted. OK with us. Had plenty the day before. Not much happening today. 10:00 newspaper interview. Hope that is it.

Don, you will relate. Wifey's Mom is in a facility [had to be moved there]. Doesn't know where she is. Will try to leave as she has to go to work. Eek Wifey's Dad doesn't remember who that lady [his wife] was that use to be on the couch all the time sick. What a mess.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-01-2016

Good morning all. Uh, we're going from the 80's last week to a forecast of 114 this weekend. Quite a change. No rain in sight. Any moisture will be from people sweating. Oh, we do have Big Sur, a water park that has a beach and periodic waves so you can actually surf in the desert.

Looked around this morning and was greeted by a black cloud to the south, west and north around the Valley. Turns out that there's a transformer fire to the south of us and the wind must be circling around and carrying the smoke.

Yes Frank, I can relate.... Sometimes growing old sucks and not always what we though it should be. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-02-2016

Morning all. Partly cloudy and 72 degrees. Pond work today. Trim and spray. Hope no showers. Say 20%. They said chance slight yesterday. Late afternoon, it slight chanced all over me. Glad I waited to spray.

Political thing across the county later today. One of those things good for the Town. If not, wouldn't go.

All have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-02-2016

Good morning all. Well, all the TV forecaster (guessers) are just about on the same page. By Saturday, it could get up to 116. Still, I remember a long time ago when it got up to 122 in June. They are looking at new record temps for at least four days starting tomorrow. And no, we don't have a pool or spa, so we stay indoors like most old folk do....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-02-2016

Greetings, gang.

it's a beautiful day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 70 degrees with a predicted high of 78 with the humidity at 46% and a beautiful blue sky, not the hazy blue we get later in the summer.

Went to the doctor this morning to have a mole looked at. All is good. Also did chest x-ray and blood work. All came back normal. Cholesterol and other results tomorrow. On the way back from the doctor i picked up 6 more bags of rock for the Backyard & Southern. I had 6 from the other day when it rained. So far, I've put down 9 bags and will finish the rest after lunch. This evening is beer and bereavement.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-02-2016

Well........ another beautiful day in Northeastern Illinois. I finally broke down and spent the bucks for a new mouse for this computer. It's a wireless, so I won't be snagging the wires with the leg of the desk chair any longer.
The old mouse? ...... recycled. Icon_twisted
Some time back.... OK a Loooong time back, I picked up a pair of O scale 2-6-0 locos, at a garage sale. They sat in the "junk box" for several years, and are now in the process of becoming an On30 2-6-6-0.
Why??? you may ask....
"Just because" he answered.
Most of the "cutting, and fitting" is done.......time to get back to getting the running rigging, done on the "tern".

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-02-2016

Sumpter:
often the cords on decommissioned mice have nice flexible wires inside that are useful for pickups from trucks.