The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-31-2014

Good evening. Temp:77°, humid:86%. Rain chance 70% with a good chance of locally heavy rainfall possible. Looks like rain all weekend.

Not much happened today. I changed the dressing on the new amputation site. I played a game of Star Fleet 1 on Zelda (Apple IIc). Diana (Apple //e) had a speaker going bad so I changed it out. I cleaned up some old microchips that had tarnished pins. Can't be having bad connections. Other than that I've been watching a bunch of A-Team episodes. Checked tracking this evening. My telescope started from Hubbard Ohio yesterday. Tonight it's in Memphis Tennessee.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P9220009.jpg]
KCS 682 is an SD40-3 snoot unit. Though white in this photo taken Sept 24th of 2007 it was repainted gray some time before August of 2010.

[Image: P9220006.jpg]

[Image: P9220007.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-01-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun with a forecast around 80.
August 1st already, it just doesn't seem fair that summer slides by so quickly.
Nothing new in the toy train world, CTT has been read and filed.
Sooo I guess I'm just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-01-2014

Good morning. It's 74° with 100% humidity. The high will be 82°, cloudy with a fair chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Got a call from my father this morning. He has an idea of how to save some money on my transportation problem. Instead of me paying $500 for an engine for my van and him paying to have it installed he's come up with something to save (him) money. For $500 he'll 'give' me his truck. He just had the electronics on the engine replaced and it's running good now he says. I haven't driven it since last year. Back then the throttle had an electrical problem and acted like it had a mind of it's own. This deal of his has me giving him $500 which I have, I get it transferred to my insurance, I pay the registration fees and he pays to have the tanks filled. I get a vehicle and he pays as little as possible. That's my father for you. Guess I can't complain. Where else could I get a 1992 full-size pickup in running condition for $500 with no transport fees? My nephew has said many times he wants my van. Maybe I should sell it to him for what I paid for it.

Plans for today. I have none. Right now I'm waiting on the Home Health nurse to call.

Looks like my telescope will arrive today. It was in Alexandria this morning and is now on a FedEx vehicle for delivery. In many places that would be great news. Here FedEx is almost like a bad joke. I much prefer UPS or USPS but I didn't have the choice this time.

Weather today looks wet. It's been raining off and on this morning since around 2am.

[Image: P9220003.jpg]

[Image: P9150002.jpg]

[Image: P9150026.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-01-2014

Afternoon all.
Up early with Fred coming by. We have been re-securing Parker's Pond. What a mess. Folks been driving around the cables put up by the bad guy [who has not done a thing since he "ran" me off]. Was told by Raleigh Sewer Supv., last time he was down there, three cars full of folks fishing. We are having to walk in as path has now grown up in the last month since Raleigh mowed the easement. Fred and I are on "patrol" now and armed.

Raining and windy.

Hope all have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-01-2014

I now have a 1992 Ford F150 XLT Lariat. Cost me $500 plus whatever registration fees will be due. I'll have firefighter plate/registration transferred from my van to the truck. My father recently had all the electronics replaced. It runs MUCH better than it did a year ago and has a lot more power than it did then. He might have warned me. I gave it the gas like I had to before just to get it moving. I tore up about thirty feet of his yard and almost ran over a little Mercury Tracer he has parked out there. That old truck has lots of power now and everything appears to be working right. I hope I'm there when my nephew asks my father if he can use it again. I've just got to see the look on his face when he hears 'Sorry. I don't have it anymore. I sold it to your uncle'. The look on his face should be worth a million bucks! He won't be using it as long as I have it. I picked up a bill of sale today. Next week we'll take it to a notary and have the title transferred to me.

The telescope arrived this morning. I looked it over. The telescope itself is fine. The tripod however leaves a lot to be desired. It's very light and spindly. It looks like it'll fall over if I sneezed on it. That's OK. I have a big heavy Velbon tripod that was made to support a rather heavy video camera. The mount on it is identical to that on the flimsy plastic tripod.

I drove the truck into town this afternoon. I paid on my loan then when to Wal-Mart to do some shopping. Felt good to do that and not have to call for a ride home.

[Image: DSCN6655.jpg]
211,315 miles.

[Image: DSCN6657.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6659.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-01-2014

RB: For what it's worth, I think you got one heck of a deal. That's a good looking truck, and has to be worth way more than $500. I'm guessing somewhere on the $2,000 to $3,000 range. We wish you the best with it.

It's mid-afternoon here, it did rain some last night and the folks around 30 miles south of us really got bombed. One trailer park had over a dozen trailers and RV's overturned with a couple of them being blown some 25 to 50 feet from where they were parked. We got a bunch of lightning and some rain last night and that's all. Today is a bit muggy, there were a few sprinkles earlier, but they're saying to look for something later on. The forecast is for rain tomorrow morning through the day, just my luck. I want the rain, but we're heading out for some target practice early tomorrow. As fickle as the rain is, it could be pouring here and dry as a bone there since it's probably around 40 miles away as the crow flies. The more people settle in around here, then further out we have to go to shoot.

Take care, and have a great weekend.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 08-01-2014

Well, I'm pretty well caught up on everything now, appointment wise. Went to Dallas yesterday for my post-op checkup. That is good for over 3 months. The 5 hours traveling, 4 hours setting and waiting, for a 10 minute doctor visit really tore me up. The good news was that altho the cancer was very aggressive, he got every bit of it. It was all contained in the bladder, prostate, and lymph nodes. All else was clean. Another 2-3 weeks and we'll have this changing bladder bags down pat. I feel weak as can be, but seem to be getting better, very little at a time. They say about 6 months or so. Hopefully I'll make it out to my train room in a week or two.

Nothing else happening of interest her. I'm real happy for you RB, with dependable transportation.

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-01-2014

Running Bear Wrote:. In many places that would be great news. Here FedEx is almost like a bad joke. I much prefer UPS or USPS but I didn't have the choice this time.
I have contacted fed ex and told them I would not chase down any more packages that were not delivered to my house. Their driver seems to think dropping them off at the neighboring shop is close enough. The problem is they consider the packages gifts from above and never pass them over the fence. They delivered a package a week ago and some guy I never heard of signed for it. I told Fedex that I was not responsible for packages I had not signed for and told the vendor I had not received the item. I got an immediate refund, and he can get fedex to pay for the item and shipping. Like you I have no problem with ups or the usps.
I still need the stuff that was in that package but Fedex is the only way they ship.

Good evening. Temp is 72° but the humidity is a wet 100%. Rain chance is 50%.

The nurse called this morning to let me know she was coming. I went out to start my van and absolutely nothing happened. No lights, no click, nothing. I cleaned the clamps and posts. Still nothing. Put the charger on it and it said check battery. Put a meter on the battery and it returned 0.01 volts. It was deader than three coffin nails! So I called the nurse back and asked her to pick me up at my trailer and take me down to my fathers place so she could do her job. She got the dressings changed quickly and went about her way. I then asked my father exactly what he was trying to tell me on the phone earlier about the truck. I have a weird hearing problem that scrambles up speech and sounds. I can work out what a person is saying fairly fast when I can see them. On the phone it's hit and miss many times, particularly with someone who doesn't talk above a loud mumble many times. So he explained it to me and showed me everything that had been replaced and the tune-up that had been done. I found it all to be agreeable. He wanted $500 for it so I wrote him a check for that amount and he signed the truck over to me. We'll be getting the bill of sale and title done next week then I can get the registration from my van transferred to the truck then I'll have it put on my insurance. He wasn't happy with me for tearing up part of the yard for some reason. Can't imagine why. Nothing but weeds grow in that particular area. But then one mans weeds is another mans grass. I told him it served him right for not telling me the truck had three times the power it had over a year ago. At least now I can go do my shopping and go to my doc appointments and not have to call for a ride home.

That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P9150022.jpg]

[Image: P9150021.jpg]

[Image: P9150001.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-02-2014

Good morning all. A somewhat confusing day here weather-wise. It has a 40% chance of rain right now, the humidity is over 70% and the dew point is in the 60's bit still no rain. At 6AM we're at 82, but it might not reach 100 today. Good thing, because we're ready to head out to the desert for some target practice.

Have a good one....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-02-2014

Morning all. Cloudy and rainy. Got Parker's Pond re-secured but rain stopped our signage. Suppose to rain off and on for the next few days [we are going to mold].

Daz, I though I heard on TV Phoenix had some flash flooding. ????? Good luck with the shooting.

RB, hope you are mending well.

Sir J, about time for you to cut that one hair. 357

Just got call. 2:30 AM stop. Drugs and alcohol. PD had to taze a guy who was refusing to be searched. Starting fighting and had a gun. Gun came out and backup tazed him immediately. Guy had warrants. One officer ruffed up but says he will be back to work tonight.

later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-02-2014

Good Morning Blue
A cloudy 69, 70s later.
Chief I got both hairs cut, it was 2 for 1 day.
With very little rain lately I only cut the front grass yesterday.
The back didn't need it.
We are planning some day trips not sure when or where but we will be getting out of here from time to time.
August already.....Geez.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-02-2014

Good morning. It's 73° with 94% humidity. Cloudy with a chance of rain. The high will be 85°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond30.jpg]

Only plan for today is to assemble the telescope and get some photos of it. I'm not going to use the flimsy tripod that came with it. Instead I'll be using a Velbon VE-3 tripod. It's heavier, easier to use and won't get knocked over easily.

[Image: P1010012.jpg]

[Image: P1010025.jpg]

[Image: P1010045.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-02-2014

Afternoon all just a slow day here today not much else going on may work on a couple prewar items couplers. rainy weekend here so not much for outside jobs hope all have a good weekend talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-02-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:...Daz, I though I heard on TV Phoenix had some flash flooding. ????? Good luck with the shooting.

Yeah, we just drove through the area south of us and there were large lakes all around. We got some rain here, but not enough to show. It was pretty muddy out where we go shooting, but I either drove around them or they were shallow enough to drive through. Needless to say, the truck needs a good washing now. Nice day to shoot, cloudy, but dry. We found that it doesn't matter, hot or not, we still miss our share of targets. 2285_ Shoot

Chief Eagles Wrote:Just got call. 2:30 AM stop. Drugs and alcohol. PD had to taze a guy who was refusing to be searched. Starting fighting and had a gun. Gun came out and backup tazed him immediately. Guy had warrants. One officer ruffed up but says he will be back to work tonight.

later.

That seems to be happening a lot all over, and the guy's lawyer will plea brutality and unnecessary force on the part of the police. Curse