The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-06-2016

Good morning, still record heat today, 112 forecast. Should be the fourth day of record heat before we drop down to around 107 tomorrow and under 110 for the rest of the week. Was going to go up to Sedona to cool off a bit until I saw where it was 105 up there, so I guess we stay indoors for a while longer.

Not much going on, since we are staying inside, we're just finishing up unpacking some stuff. One of my boxes of built structures that I removed from my layout before moving, is squashed and I'm anxious to see what kind of damage was done. I think it was on the bottom of a bunch of other boxes, even though it was marked "FRAGILE".... uh, I wonder who could have been so careless when putting things in storage? :oops: :oops: 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-07-2016

Morning. Sunny and 76 degrees. 87% humidity. Since 6 PM yesterday, 1.19 inches of rain. It poured. Sunny now so that is good.

Wifey packing for flight to San Anton.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-07-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 57 headed for sunny and 73. Warming trend starts tomorrow and we'll see 90s by the weekend.

Got the new pickups for my outdoor GP9 installed yesterday. Runs much better now. On tap for today is a trip to Walmart for groceries followed by bug killer for the yard.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-08-2016

Rise and shine, you slackers!

It's 61 headed for a sunny high of 81 today. 90s through Sunday.

I didn't get the bug killer on the yard yesterday so that's a priority for today. Got people coming to see the trains tomorrow afternoon so I really need to get that done. I did get the new paver sand on the patio. On Monday I power washed the old stuff out as it was looking really bad. Got the new sand down yesterday and it looks much better.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-08-2016

Morning. Been up since 7. Doing Wifey animal feeding and dish washing. Now cooking squash/zucchini/onions with bacon grease as seasoning. Got a full Mayor's day starting soon.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-09-2016

Good morning all. Well, we're cooling down a bit here, yesterday our car's outside temp reading hit 109 for a while, but dropped down a few degrees later on. We're still in the triple-digits, but no where near what it was over the weekend. I still haven't found a suitable replacement for my Weather Channel desktop app so I can't tell what's in store for the rest of this week other than what those TV people say. We've been watching a local independent station in the mornings since I really have little interest in watching one of those, "Good Morning World (or whatever)" programs with lots of personalities, fluff and opinions. One problem though, this station feels like you need a weather update every ten minutes or so. The weather gal gets more air time than the hosts.

Fire season is upon us, several small wildfires burning throughout the state, most of them human-caused, like walking away from campfires without being sure they're out. One started yesterday at the side of a road, and now people are being evacuated and homes are burning thanks to someone's carelessness.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-09-2016

Morning. We are cooler and low humidity for us. Change by Saturday and Sunday. May hit 100.

Off to some meetings off and on today. Got to work in mowing. Haircut late and then American Legion.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-09-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's already 88 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be 92. Even warmer weather is in store for tomorrow through Sunday. Cooler again on Monday and no rain until Monday night or Tuesday. Yards are starting to look dry. A/C is on and working well.

Got the bug killer down yesterday and it seems to be working well. Worked outside this morning with no issues. Also put some more ballast on the track yesterday and got the bills payed.

Today I've mowed the yard and used the leaf blower to clean out the garage and clean off the sidewalks. Still need to do some inside cleaning but on track to be ready by the time guests arrive.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-09-2016

The weather app on my Yahoo home page has decided that we live in a place two counties east, near Credit Valley Railway. Better than last week when it decided we were in Sunnyvale, Ca.

My earliest card kit, built in high school (or about 55 years ago) was used as an example of durability. The last few months it's been re-kitting itself -- the card roofs, wall cappings have been detaching themselves and last time I picked it up, one side wall came loose. I'm not sure, but it's quite possible that I put it together with a tube of plastic cement ("model glue") or balsa glue. Can't tell why it's all letting go at the same time (The Wonderful One-Hoss Shay?) Next assembly will be with Roket glue.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-10-2016

And a good Friday morning to ya all.... Not suppose to get too much over 100 today with the chance of rain. That may help those firefighter that are battling that fire up in Yarnell. That's the town where they lost all those fire hot shots a few years ago. Right now they're evacuating people living north of the town and have some 200 firefighter, a DC10 and some helicopters fighting the blaze. This is just one of some 20 wildfires in Arizona right now.

I've mentioned before that they are building an overpass on Bell Rd., (a major street that runs east & west across the valley) that will span over US60 (Grand Ave.) and the BNSF mainline. Well, yesterday, they dropped a 50" girder across the tracks ,injuring two workers. One was harnessed to the girder and fell some 40'. Apparently it didn't damage the tracks since they resumed train traffic once the girder was removed. I'm sure OSHA didn't approve of that move so quickly, but BNSF surely did. Between that and the wildfires, there was little else on the local news yesterday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-10-2016

Morning all. 75 degrees and low humidity. No rain in sight. Hope all have a great day. Pick up Wifey at airport this evening.
Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-10-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today.
Of course tomorrow is our annual outdoor club meet and it's the only day with a forecast of strong storms and 90 degrees.
Got the errands done yesterday so this will probably be a lazy day. Also got a hair cut so da Chief won't feel lonely with his hair loss.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-10-2016

Rained pretty heavily here, last night. Lots of thunder and lightning to accompany the downpour.
Right now, bright blue sky, lots of sun, and some "almost record breaking" puddles ( a lot of the water has already drained off.)
"America's Cup" qualifications start tomorrow in Lake Michigan, off shore, just north of Chicago ( that's the last I heard, at least). Something on the news last night about this being the first time in 165 years that anything to do with that race, has been done in FRESH water ( not that I would call Lake Michigan " fresh " ).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-10-2016

Don: Not sure what the rules are where you are,
But when I was working, they were building a tower across the street from us, and in raising a panel (or whatever) they smashed the windows on at least the 4 floors our company occupied, well maybe one or two on each floor. Construction company got in trouble because they kept working instead of halting everything until the safety investigators had come around to see.

My weather app today thinks I'm in Sunnyvale, where it's a whole 3 degrees warmer than Guelph.

I knocked my drawer of modelling drills on the floor today. The 61-80 case was open and all but a couple spilled out. Not sure if I found them all because there were gaps in set. I had 2 #75 when I was done!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-11-2016

BR60103 Wrote:Don: Not sure what the rules are where you are,
But when I was working, they were building a tower across the street from us, and in raising a panel (or whatever) they smashed the windows on at least the 4 floors our company occupied, well maybe one or two on each floor. Construction company got in trouble because they kept working instead of halting everything until the safety investigators had come around to see...

Yeah, that's an OSHA thing. I drove by the site yesterday and they did stop working. There must have been two dozen men in hard hats looking at the girder. probably most of them from OSHA. I'm guessing that they had good authority to move the girder off the tracks though. There's way too much rail traffic to stop it, even for a few hours. Did it break during installation, or did it fall? They haven't said yet.