The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-17-2016

Morning all. Dogs to groomer. Now to mow. Sunny and turning cloudy and chance of showers. Had another tenth of an inch early before light.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-17-2016

Good morning all, warming up a bit here, temps still forecast in the high teens starting tomorrow. Big fire up near Show Low, may have to evacuate some residents. It was 8000 acres yesterday, don't know about today. One of around 20 wildfires around our state. Not a good start for our fire season...

Take care and have a great weekend... Thumbsup

Oh, Happy Birthday SJ.... Applause Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-18-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy 66 outside my window this Saturday morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 80s. Real heat puts on a one day show tomorrow with a predicted high of 94. Then by Monday it's back to the low 80s for next week.

Had a quiet day yesterday. Then went to dinner with oldest daughter and her family. Afterwards tow of the grandsons brought the current girlfriends over to watch trains. A very pleasant evening.

No major plans for today. If the humidity starts going up I may turn the a/c on today. Otherwise I'll wait until tomorrow morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-18-2016

Morning. Cooler and lower humidity. Mow grass finally. Something interrupted me all later part of the week.

Oldest and her hubby are meeting us for dinner. Frankie and Lea tomorrow for Bar-b-q. Fathers' Day.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-18-2016

Thank you Don, no party for this old man but we did go out for a late lunch. Almond chicken filled me for the day. Of course I did have some banilla late evening. When our first grandson was little that was how he pronounced Vanilla. The grass is turning brown, we need some rain. High of 85 today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-19-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and hot today. It's 68 now headed for 94. Much cooler tomorrow.

Nothing accomplished yesterday and no plans for today other than watch a Formula 1 race in a few minutes.

Happy Fathers Day to all you fathers.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-19-2016

Yes, happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there, hope the day is a pleasant one for you...

Around here, not so pleasant if you go out anywhere. Not only will there be the crowds taking dad out to eat, but there's that heat thing. Yeah, temps in the high teens again, possibly up to 120 in some places today and tomorrow, cooling down to around 111 by the end of the week. Not sure what it was officially yesterday, but the car's thermometer showed it was 115 at one point.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-19-2016

HAPPY FATHER'S Day Blue
Sun and 90 today.
We have stay at home plans, the kids can come to me.. Smile
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-19-2016

Father's Day.
Last Sunday, I spent the day with my four daughters, their husbands, two Granddaughters, and six Grandsons.
I got a copy of the photo of me and the eight "Grand-kids", framed and hung on the wall right above my computer desk.
Life Cheers 2285_ has its joyous moments ! Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-20-2016

Greetings, gang.

Our one day heat wave is over. Right now it's 72 headed for a high of 83. Temps are supposed to remain in the 80s for the remainder of the week.

Very quiet day yesterday. Did get phone calls for all four kids. My first child was born on Fathers Day. After that life-altering event I called my dad and wished him a happy fathers day. Then I said "Now it's your turn." It took him a second to figure out what I meant.

Today's agenda will include some grocery shopping preceded by breakfast at a local eatery.

Unable to log in over at MR. Got a Windows update last night and I don't know if that's causing the problem. The update also broke my Flashblock. I use Flashblock to stop videos from automatically playing.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-20-2016

Good morning all. I hope all you dads had a great Father's Day. Packey and his family came over and spent the afternoon. Brought the food too so we didn't have to do much of anything.

We went to the store yesterday, it was 115 at 10:30, and less than an hour later the car's thermometer was reading 119 for a short while. It dropped down to 118, then held steady, which turns out to be the official temp for Phoenix, a new record. Today, more of the same... Go out early and stay in for the rest of the day, a good plan if you can do it. I feel for those who work outside, road crews usually start sometimes as early as 4:00 to beat the heat. I remember when I was in the USAF stationed in Yuma. Most of us, including flight crews, all started early and quit by noon since the planes couldn't take off after that because of the heat and short runways. Back in 1990 when it got up past 120, they stopped all flights at the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport because their charts didn't go that high and so they couldn't calculate takeoff speed and distance. Not a problem yesterday though...

Lots of fires throughout the Southwest, the heat doesn't make it easy for those fighting these fires, so keep them in your prayers. it's very risky work and we should be grateful that they chose to do it...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-20-2016

Morning. 80 degrees and low humidity. Busy afternoon and night.

Hope all have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-20-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 90s again today, we need some rain.
It rarely hits 100 here in Michigan but we usually get a few days during the summer.
The kids came by for Fathers Day but we ate at home.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-21-2016

Good morning all. A couple of new records here yesterday. The low temp of the day was 90, beating the old record by three degrees, and the new record high was 116 both for Phoenix. Even so, around noon, our vehicle thermometer read 120, we were about a mile from our house. Fires abound, the closest one to us is about five miles away in the desert to the west of us. No structures in the area, just a lot of scrub brush and cacti. The largest fire in the state is up around Show Low and is now over 26,000 acres. There are some pretty serious fires in New Mexico and California as well. Not a good start to summer. Today we should start a cooling trend, still over 110 through the coming weekend.

Prayers are in order for all those fighting these wildfires... They are a special breed of people... Worship Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-21-2016

Afternoon. 86 degrees and 54% humidity. Watering garden after an interrupted morning. Curse TV news reporters. Wallbang

Twins birthday party at 5 [they are 5]. Town board at 7. Wallbang

All day early meeting tomorrow. Early meeting Thursday. Wallbang

Give me a break. Icon_lol

Hope all OK.