The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-30-2016

TrainNut Wrote:Heya Don! Stopped in to say Hi! It's been warm up here in Indiana but nothing compared to Phoenix. I tell ya, I don't miss that heat AT ALL! We're supposed to get 1.7 inches of rain July 3rd and another 8/10's July 4rth. We went and bought a bunch of fireworks ourselves (the good ones), but may have to wait until the rain moves out before we can launch 'em. I can say without a doubt that there will be 0% chance of setting anything on fire up here after all that rain!
In other news, I've been designing a new layout! Since I now have a sizeable basement, I've been planning on using most of it for the railroad. I have to leave room for the foosball table, the slot car table and a 3 foot aisle down the side to access the laundry room. It will be N scale with a touch of HOn3 (lower level) and take up roughly 21'x12'. I'm designing in all kinds of things I've never had the chance to try before (a small helix being one of them). Take care!

Hey Tom, good to hear from you. Glad to see you're getting back into modeling. I know, you really had to sweet talk your family into getting the space you had in Phoenix, sounds like you have unrestricted access to space now. We moved a few months ago and I trashed my layout. Right now I'm not sure where I can make space for one.

That fire up north did get onto I-17 the other day. They're replacing burned guard rails and posts that were burned. The news showed houses where toys were burned outside, but there were not any homes burned, all saved by firefighters. Hot and dry, hot and humid, this is that time of the year for us.

Tom, keep us posted on your progress, I've always liked what you do. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-30-2016

Morning all. Sunny and 79 degrees. 40% chance of precip later today. Big storms hit around us but we got a nice wetting. Had 1.6 inches the afternoon and night before. Doing good now. Garden really going.

Tom [Fiat], nothing wrong with a day of lazies.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-30-2016

After a bit over 3 years in Guelph, Dayle has found a new hairdresser that she trusts and can talk to. (first try, yet) She's been going back to the old one, which is about an hour trip each way, but at least let me stop at the train shop on the return.
The weather for tomorrow is 90% POP, last time I looked.
This has been a relatively non-RR week, except for a meeting and operating session.

Is anyone going to be in "Northern" Michigan this summer? We have our usual month booked.

And we bought a new office chair today! previous one had a few problems including too big and flat a seat and height non-adjustment. I'm not sure yet if I acqired it for my workbench. :?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-01-2016

Ha! Being three hours ahead of Arizona means I can finally beat Don in the mornings! Good morning Don! We are forecast to have three inches of rain on Sunday! Gemineeee! My sister and her family are flying up from Phoenix to stay a week with us also starting Sunday. Good thing she loves the rain like me!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-01-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, mild, and less humid for the next several days. Right now it's 54 headed for a high of 77.

Yesterday was a little more productive. Found the material I want to use to rebuild the tunnel on the Backyard & Southern. Got some other shopping done. Most of the laundry is caught up. I also fixed the sprinkler. It had a strainer washer that was clogged. I remove that and it works like new again.

Today I'll be heading to the gym and Menards to pick up the materials for the great tunnel rebuild. Also need to get the yard mowed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-01-2016

Morning all. 81 and 83% humidity. Suppose to have a day off from Mayoring. We'll see.

Fiat, enjoy the work on your tunnel.

Don, prayers for you and the Wife.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-01-2016

Good Morning Blue
80s today.
We finally got some rain overnight, first since June 16.
This is not the desert, the grass and plants here need rain from time to time.
Errands done for today, nothing else on my menu.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-01-2016

TrainNut Wrote:Ha! Being three hours ahead of Arizona means I can finally beat Don in the mornings! Good morning Don! We are forecast to have three inches of rain on Sunday! Gemineeee! My sister and her family are flying up from Phoenix to stay a week with us also starting Sunday. Good thing she loves the rain like me!
Good afternoon Tom, you didn't beat me by much, I just didn't post this morning, but I was on-line when you were. Keep trying though... 357 357

Chief Eagles Wrote:...Don, prayers for you and the Wife.

Have a good one.
Thanks Frank, the need is there and I appreciate your concern.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-01-2016

A teaser of the new layout I'm designing. Inspired by the Gorre & Daphetid. N scale with a single HOn3 loop 4" lower (green line on left side). Roughly 12x22. I'm not big into switching but really enjoy watching the trains run. This layout has the capability to run 4 trains independent and unattended OR one train over the whole layout. Right side will be the yard/engine facility/harbor with 6" elevation between the yard and the single line above. Middle circle will be a mountain large enough to stand inside for hidden track access. Left bottom will be VERY mountainous with another in mountain access circle. Inside this mountain will be a small helix to raise a mining train another three inches above. It's a work in progress but I think I've got the mainline more or less worked out. Minimum radius is 13" (except on the mountain mining train loop to loop which is 8") and maximum grade is 2%.
[Image: screen%20shot_zpsvtmhnbk5.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-02-2016

Morning all! It's a beautiful 55 degrees outside and I've got a full day of chores before my sister and her family get here. I've got to clean out the chicken coop and give 'em new straw, mow three acres of grass, help clean house and a multitude of other things. On Friday, I got a new toy... a John Deere lawn sweeper to tow behind my lawn tractor. It makes picking up the clippings SOOOOOOOOOO much easier. I usually believe in leaving the cuttings behind, but up here, if you wait too long between cuttings, you get so much that it covers the grass and then that grass dies underneath. Sooo, where it gets too much, I clean it up and give it to the chickens!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-02-2016

Good morning all, big thunderstorm warnings with TV weather images showing this big cell heading our way. My cell phone even lit up while we were in bed and I wondered who would be sending me a message since I rarely use the thing, and it was a storm notification. Well, I don't know where the storm went, but it sure didn't come into our neighborhood. No puddles anywhere that I can see.

Tom, that is an ambitious task there, glad you have the room. Keep us posted on your progress. BTW, it's good to have you back on Big Blue... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-02-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 63 headed for cloudy and 75 according to the NWS.

Got the old tunnel removed and the new one in place. I ran out of dirt to cover it, though. My neighbor is head groundskeeper at a local cemetery so I should be able to get some dirt from him.

Today I need to get the yard mowed. Ran out of time and energy yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-02-2016

Morning. Server error!!!! No time to retype. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-03-2016

Good morning everyone, hope your weekend is going well, especially knowing that this is a Forth-of-July weekend for us in the USA. A few years ago, Arizona passed a law that allows certain fireworks to be used over this holiday. This year, they passed legislation to expand the types of fireworks that are allowed. Still, you can go to one of these tents set up by out-of-state vendors and buy whatever they have, it's just illegal to use some of what they sell, plus many cities ban their use in the city limits. Tinder-dry Arizona is not the place to go and set off fireworks, that's just my opinion, but then again, our legislature is not known for being too bright when it comes to passing laws. Nope

It's been a bit cooler these past few days, rain elsewhere, just a few drops here, even though our yard was flooded. Not by a storm, but a stuck watering valve in our irrigation system. I'm not looking forward to our next water bill since it ran for over 24 hours before I caught it. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-03-2016

Well being from Arizona and never having been able to use hardly any fireworks, now we come to Indiana and you can buy and launch pretty much whatever you want... we sort of went overboard on fireworks this year. Plus, the rain forecast for today is 3.43" so there will be zero chance of catching anything on fire tomorrow!
Currently 60 degrees and drizzling. Gotta get to church!

Sorry about the yard leak Don. Don't worry, it shouldn't cost that much. We used to fill our whole pool (11,000 gallons) and our bill only went up by about $35. Phoenix hasn't learned that to get people to respect drought conditions, they need to really up the price of water.