The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-23-2016

Good morning all, I hope your weekend is going well for you all. I've been wondering about our car's outdoor thermometer. I don't know where the sensor is, but yesterday afternoon it was sitting in the driveway all day and it said that it was 124 degrees out. Not really, but I can see where it's high when the vehicle has been out in the direct sun. After going a few miles, it dropped to 117, and I still thought that was way high, that is until I saw the temp map on TV and it had our area setting at a high of 116. Yeah, I guess it's more accurate than I thought... I suppose that if it's 110 somewhere in the Midwest, that being 116 here shouldn't be any surprise. We're use to that, they are not, so I wish all of you in the middle of this heat wave the best. We have "hydration stations" all over the area handing out free water to those in need, and yes folks, we still have people thinking that it's OK to go hiking on some of our local mountains. There are daily rescues of some people who try, and TV interviews of those that successfully come back without the aid of the fire/rescue team and a helicopter. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-23-2016

Morning all. Hot, humid and poor air quality here. Been busy since MIL passed. Have to do Town and help Wifey. Grass to mow and trip to Lowe's.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-24-2016

Morning all. Getting ready to go to MIL's memorial service. Already a scorcher. 90 degrees and 68% humidity. 105 heat index. Going close to 100. In fact, RDU reported 95 yesterday and my weather station showed 101. RDU is in the open on a hill. Had breeze I'm sure.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-24-2016

90 today maybe some much needed rain.
Official Detroit temp from the airport was 98 yesterday, my car where we were said 99. I was watching for 100 but it didn't do it.
An outing club meet at a lakeside park with the new modular layout was a success. It was hot but bearable. A shower after returning home felt good though.(3rd one this month)
Wow as I write, it be raining. Honest and for truly it is.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-24-2016

sir james Wrote:A shower after returning home felt good though.(3rd one this month)
S.J.

Try more than three showers a month during the summer. You might smell better. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-25-2016

Is that what that smell was? We've had a SW wind lately and I thought that smell was from the turkey barns. But maybe... 357

Morning all! It's a new week! I've been messing with SCARM a lot lately and am really liking how my new layout design is looking... big and complicated. It seems we've survived the "heat wave." Luckily we were on the edge and the hottest we saw was 92. It was a little warm but nothing that was a showstopper. I just waited to mow the grass until the evening hours came around. Weather Underground says, "Thunderstorms possible by 1:30" so we'll wait and see how many times that forecast changes throughout the day. Didn't do much over the weekend... Friday was "Clear the shelter" day so we got two little kittens for free! They should grow up to be good mousers!
Prayers said for those in need!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-25-2016

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy now but 91 for the afternoon.
Yesterday mornings rain disappeared in about 10 minutes. BUT we did get some rain overnight that I think was enough to help.
Be careful if the Chief stops by, he is trying to unload his grits on us. They are good for pot hole filler though.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-25-2016

Hot out 96 degrees and 57% humidity. 113 heat index. Been doing fence repairs. Soaked through. Jeans too. Now shower and cool off. Do errands in A/C of vehicle. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 07-25-2016

Wow! Lots of talk about the weather! It's been a hot year, for sure.

Right now I am debating joining facebook Confusedhock:. I've resisted up until now because all I see there is chaos, family squabbles, and timewasting. Yet, it seems more and more businesses and family/friends are choosing to only communicate through facebook these days. If I can manage to keep my page respectable and not get drawn into the drama, perhaps it could help my career.

I thought that's what LinkedIn was for? I had a Facebook page for one day and shut it down. I wasn't interested in becoming friends with my friends friend who had a friend and was friends with some other friends who wanted to be friends. Crazy Someone has since explained to me that I can limit that but I lost interest real quick. Now, if there is anything I need to check on Facebook, I use my wifes account. 357 And yes, it sucks you in like quicksand!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 07-25-2016

TN- yeah, that's what linkedin is designed for. But it seems few people actually check it, use it, or update it. Meanwhile, most companies (including government agencies) have facebook pages now that are updated more regularly than their websites. Plus, many people who work in my industry who I may want to remain in contact with check their facebook much more often than they do their linkedin or email. The idea is that other people get addicted and get feeds on their phones, and if I am one of their "friends", that gives them more opportunity to see all the cool work-related things I am up to.

Sounds logical.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-26-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 66 headed for sunny and 87 here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa.

Back home from Michigan. Very busy 5 days and I'm very tired. Also, thanks to a gift from an unknown person or persons, I have a cold. My head is very stuffed up and my nose feels approximately the size of Vermont. To top it all of my air conditioner doesn't work. I'll be making that call in a few minutes.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-26-2016

Good Morning Blue
Kevin, you can control who your Facebook friends are, you can't control what they post. You can block their post but then you won't see anything they say OR you can simply delete the things you don't like. I have found or they found me, many old friends from my past and school years so to me it was by far a wise choice to jump in.
90s again today, and a funeral home visit this afternoon...Sad
The grits have not arrived yet so our roads are still bad.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-27-2016

Good morning! My parents are on their way (driving) up to visit for a week or so from Arizona. First they stopped off in Eugene Oregon and now they are in Chamberlain South Dakota. Should be here by Friday or Saturday. My Dad likes to take a lot of "shortcuts" so maybe a little longer. It's been since Thanksgiving since We've seen them so the family is pretty excited. The Monroe county fair is in full swing this week so we are going to take the kids down and do the rides.
That's all I got.