The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-10-2016

Morning. Cold 37 degrees and sunny. Pile it on those MI Yankees. Wink
Getting up leaves and staying warm when I can.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-10-2016

Our weather report is blaming the snow on Colorado!
Made it to a new show today. Small, two layouts but a bunch of vendors. Finished off some present shopping; bought some drills -- the twirl in your fingers type -- and the mounting plates for Peco switch machines that went off the market some years ago.
Dayle bought me a Kadee 70th anniversary boxcar to go with my upcoming 70th anniversary. I'm not sure if it will ever make it onto the layout.
Small snow flurry on the way home. Cancelled a dinner invite for tomorrow due to forecast.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 12-10-2016

With the first snow storm about to hit in a few hours , I got all my honey-do list accomplished ahead of time ....won't be going anywhere tomorrow . With temps just below freezing I don't think the snow will last too long . It's nice not having to go to work ! Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - JaBear - 12-11-2016

Gidday All, with all this white stuff I’m reading about I feel guilty that it is still 52 F tonight and even though we had showers I did manage to get the laundry dry.
Brent, I hope that Mrs Batman is practicing suitable restraint and allowing her hand to heal, and in these days of “Instant Gratification” I’m impressed that your young chap has been taught/ learnt to play the Long Game. I hope he continues to do well.

BATMAN Wrote:Bear have you stopped shaking down there yet?

I’m not sure if the Shaky Isles don’t actually stop shaking, there have been 24 quakes in the last 12 hours, all in the weak to light categories. I haven’t felt any as they continue to be mainly concentrated around the Kaikoura Region. Those ffolkes are not having a great time, as they mainly rely on the through traffic tourist trade which isn’t going to be happening for quite some time soon. They’ve reopened one road into the town but it’s a goat track and keeps getting closed because of the fear of further slips. To make matters worse while the area has been in drought conditions for the last two years, they’ve been getting rain since the big quake!!! While the Government has said that both State Highway 1 and the Southern Main Trunk Line will be rebuilt, I’m not sure the railway will be rebuilt, as there isn’t much room along the coast.
However, to put things into perspective, while there were no reported deaths the Solomon Islanders (not a wealthy part of the world) have had a battering: and Northern Sumatra have recently had another hiding with at least 100 dead.
Enough of the doom and gloom, here’s a video of the Coastal Pacific on the now affected part of the South Island Main Trunk, in better days.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVhCrlSd-38">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVhCrlSd-38</a><!-- m -->

Thoughts and Best Wishes to All that need them,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-11-2016

Good morning. Slept until 8:30. 36 degrees and warming with plenty of sun.

Cooked scrambled eggs and sausage mixed [my Mom use to cook that for me, Wifey doesn't "know how"]. Had grits too. All washed down with OJ. Now coffee and news.

Being lazy. Should rush to church but not going to.

Hope all have a great week ahead. Will get my Christmas shopping done this week.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 12-11-2016

Well we got our first snowfall as the weather people accurately predicted . It wasn't a storm as much as it was , and still is , a nice gentle snowfall . I'm sure the roads are slippery as we are up to about 4" of snow now with another 3" predicted . Glad I don't have to drive to work in the morning !

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-12-2016

Morning. 52 damp degrees. Misty around. No really pour downs. Had a dentist cleaning. All went well. Then some Town business at Town Hall. Think I will go to Golden Corral as I have a freebie. Everyone stay dry and warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-12-2016

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning. 52 damp degrees. Misty around. No really pour downs. Had a dentist cleaning. All went well. Then some Town business at Town Hall. Think I will go to Golden Corral as I have a freebie. Everyone stay dry and warm.

Ahh, love the Golden Corral. We have one about two miles away that's open for breakfast seven days a week. All the rest in town only serve breakfast on weekends. Our next stop will be Thursday morning.

Temps here are slowly going from below normal to above normal and should be in the high 70's in a few days. Thursday is forecast for 78, Friday for 69 and rain. Not much consistency there...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-13-2016

G-g-g--greetings, g-g-g-ang.

It's downright cold in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 0 with an expected high of about 15. Even colder temperatures are predicted for later in the week.

Back from son's place in eastern Iowa. Drove down Saturday to avoid bad weather. Doctor appointments yesterday. All said the same thing. Radiation treatment for the spot on his ling and a wait and see attitude for the spot in his neck. It's in an area that is too dangerous to take a biopsy. Biggest question all three had was whether the spot on his lung migrated from his neck or is a new development. No one knows fro sure yet.

Not much planned for today. Prayers for Mrs. Daze and all others in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-13-2016

Hello Blue
21 degrees with about 9 inches of snow on the ground from the weekend.
Roads are clear and dry.
2 heart attack deaths and some missing fingers from those trying to unclog snowblowers.
No train news, just staying in for now.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-14-2016

Morning all. Sunny and 45 degrees. Al's super cold for us hits tomorrow afternoon, night and Friday. Now saying 39 degrees high. Normal high is mid 50's.

Prayers for Tom's son.

Got a ribbon cutting at a new subdivision at 2. Wells Fargo stage coach and horse giving rides around the streets. Christmas shopping this AM.

FIL does not need transfusion. Dr. referring him to cardiologist.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-14-2016

Good morning all, not bragging at all, but today and tomorrow is suppose to get to at least 78, one degree below the record. Saturday is a bit different, rain and around 68 for a high.

Things are getting a bit crowded around here, all the snowbirds seem to have arrived. We drove to the Post Office the other day, and it took almost 10 minutes to get in and out of the parking lot...Nope, we didn't park to get our mail, we just tried to get out once we got in...Things aren't too much better at the stores, but hey, only 10 more shopping days till Christmas...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-15-2016

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's -2 with an expected high of about 11. Some light snow predicted for this evening but the worst will come tomorrow evening with 3-4 inches of snow and winds of 30+ mph. Then on Sunday morning the bottom drops out of the thermometer with a low of about -18.

Yesterday I got the tree down from the attic along with about half of the 16 totes of Christmas decorations. All four of my kids will be home at Christmas but not at the same time. Older son and his family want to spend Christmas day at home so will be here early in the week. Rest of the family will be here on Christmas day. Could be about 20 people in the house. Lots of fun.

Today I need to make a run to the grocery store and get stocked up for the weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-15-2016

Very cold this morning in eastern Ohio. I was up at 5:30 to take my grand daughter to work because her car is broke down, the when I got back my son called and asked for a ride so he wouldn't have to get his grandkids out of bed so his wife could take him to work so I was out and about.
Prayers are offered for everyone. Please be careful, and take a minute to remember Jeffrey on this 2nd anniversary of his death. I really miss his contributions,
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-15-2016

Hello Blue
We have bright sun but only 8 degrees. No snow melt at that temp.
I figured we would pay for last years mild winter and we are already.
My only train news is running the modular layout at Greenfield Village.
S.J.