The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-12-2017

Hello Blue
Rainy and right at 32 so things are kinda slushy.
No snow on the ground.
No train news till the weekend. Saturday morning setup modular for a Sunday train show and our club meet on Saturday night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-12-2017

Good morning all, a bit chilly, a few sprinkles on the windshield but it could get wetter as the day goes on. The forecast calls for up to a 30% chance of rain in the next few days, lots of snow up north though. A pity that we don't ski, but even making snowballs has no appeal, I'll stay here in our 50-60 degree weather until it warms up.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-13-2017

Morning all. Unbelievable. 70 degrees yesterday and today. Low was 52 degrees. Chilly tomorrow but back up next week.

Hope all OK and have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-13-2017

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning all. Unbelievable. 70 degrees yesterday and today. Low was 52 degrees. Chilly tomorrow but back up next week.

Hope all OK and have a good one.

Geeze, it sounds like you're here in Arizona and we're back east. Our highs have been in the 60's, lows in the 40's, and will be for a few more days. Threats of rain, but that's all, just threats by those that are suppose to be in the know....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-13-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 10 degrees outside my window today. We just picked up about an inch of 20% chance with little or no accumulation. Forecast for the weekend into next week doesn't look good. The good folks at the NWS are predicting a quarter inch of ice before it changes over to sleet/snow/freezing rain. Various types of precipitation are expected from Sunday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon. One of the items I picked up while out and about this morning is a 50 lb bag of ice melt. There's ice on the sidewalk now that needs to be removed and more is (supposedly) on the way.

Of course the weather is turning nasty. One of the few things I did yesterday was get the car washed. At least I got the previous layer of gunk off before accumulating a new layer. Along with the aforementioned ice melt I picked up a kit to rebuild the toilet upstairs. I can't replace the toilet because of a counter that is directly above the tank which limits the height. The newer models are too tall. It should make a nice project for when the weather is bad.

Not much else to ramble on about.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-14-2017

Greetings, gang.

At 27 degrees outside it's the warmest it has been in many a day. Right now everything is quiet as I suspect everyone is getting prepared for the ice storm. One of the advantages of being retired is that I was able to go out early yesterday and stock up on all that I need for the storm.

Not much else to report today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-15-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 12 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 20s. the nastiness moves in this evening and is expected to last through Tuesday morning. Ice/sleet/freezing rain up to a quarter inch accumulation. Then on Wed. it all starts to melt. Temps are predicted to be in the 40s.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-15-2017

Sunny right now [suppose to be cloudy all day] and 54 degrees. Back from Church and ate a sandwich. Waiting on Wifey to go the Harbor Freight.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-15-2017

Made it to the Paris railway show. Mostly flea market. Saw a pile of old friends. Even took my shopping list and found 2 of the items on it. Was ignored by the NMRA guys at both their tables.

I tried to make Scenic Cement by diluting acrylic matt medium. Looked good, but it came out of the sprayer in a solid stream rather than a spray. Will try using it on ballast with an eyedropper.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-16-2017

Hello Blue
A good train weekend.
We had our monthly club meet on Saturday evening and our largest area train show on Sunday.
The club video can be seen on OGR under the heading January club meet Detroit3railers.
No one from here ever comments on the video but I let you know anyway.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-17-2017

Hello all,

Been busy here slushio, weather here has been alternating cold snow and warm and rainy.

Yesterday I finally got a ZW transformer to power up my layout it is a refurbished post war 250 watt ZW 2285_ 2285_

I can now run my Williams/Bachmann CSX Dash-9 loco Thumbsup

other than the above I have been working on building some Ye-Ole-Huff n Puff kits.

Hope all are well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-18-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 28 outside my window this morning. High for the next few days is supposed to be in the low 40s. So all the time I spent on Monday scooping ice off the sidewalks was wasted. it' will all be melted soon enough.

Went to the gym yesterday morning and in the afternoon I rebuilt the upstairs toilet. I can't replace it because there's a counter above the tank which limits the height. All the newer models are too tall.

Up next for today is a trip to Walmart. While I was cooking supper last night the coating started coming off of the pan I was using. Pitched the pan and will replace it today.

AF - I just started a Huff and Puff kit myself. It's my first laser cut wood kit.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-18-2017

We have lots of appointments will the subcontractors doing our condo im April and May. Looks like the kitchen oven etc. is connected to the internet this days. "Home connect" is the buzz word this days. I am not sure why I need to know on the road that my oven in the kitchen not doing anything.

We are also looking for a short term rent of a fully furnished two room apartment. That becomes much more expensive and critical than expected. That kind of apartments is on hight demand in this area due to all the temporary project work at Mercedes, Bosch, HP etc. by outsiders. I am also looking for vacation apartments in the north black forrest and Airbnb. HRM would say "we are not amused".... Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-18-2017

Good morning all. Nice a chilly here for a few more days. Lows in the 40's, highs in the high 60's with rain forecast into next week.
faraway Wrote:...Looks like the kitchen oven etc. is connected to the internet this days. "Home connect" is the buzz word this days. I am not sure why I need to know on the road that my oven in the kitchen not doing anything...
Yeah, I just wonder about having my refrigerator call the grocery store to order milk or eggs or our coffee maker yell at me that we're low on coffee and that we'd better get to the store, or else.... Does this mean that our future generations will not have to, or be able to, think for themselves, pretty soon they won't even need a drivers license with self-driving cars, now our kitchen appliances are going to do all the thinking for us.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-19-2017

Morning. Cold this AM. Was in the high 30's here. 42 degrees and rising fast. 60 for a high.

Woke up early. Had sausage, egg and cheese sandwich with OJ.

Get ready for the eye Dr. annual exam. New glasses and frames.

Tomorrow, go inspect a mobile in the park for a homeless Veteran. Hope this gets OK from funder. If so, got him covered.

Have a good one.