The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-19-2017

Good morning all. Chilly, windy and rainy for the next few days says those weather prognosticators. Up to 2 foot of snow forecast for Flagstaff. Good thing that we have no reason to go up there, but a delight for those that like to ski or otherwise play in the snow. For us, a 90% chance of rain in the forecast for here is enough for us to hunker down and stay at home...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-19-2017

The cabinetmaker has just left. He had an intensive discussion with my wife about the cabinets in here room. It was very satisfactory to see his clever solutions to cover the unique requirements. It looks also better (not good) to get nice apartment very close to our condo for the April and Mai this year. I hope the contract can be closed soon. The offer was found on Airbnb. Airbnb is quite tricky to inhibit a direct contact of both parties endangering their fee.
We have an appointment with the floor tiler on Saturday at large local tile store to select the tiles for the corridor and the kitchen.
The are also thermostats to control the heater in each room with Wifi and remote control from the iPhone available. That fits the iPhone controlled oven perfect. Hackers can roast us with the heating and keep the roast raw in the oven. Must be modern times....

ps. I tried to tell my wife that "as is" is just fine for me and we may do plain nothing. Not a good idea Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-20-2017

Hello Blue
Lite rain and 40s today, way over our lower Michigan average.
No toy train news, just some CTT reading.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-20-2017

Greetings, gang.

The fog has lifted for the moment but will be with us on and off for the remainder of the day. 34 right now headed for about 40. Daytime highs are not expected to go below freezing again until about Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

It's been pretty quiet around here for the last couple of days. I did go to my beer and bereavement group last night. Driving home in the fog was not much fun. Visibility was about a half mile at best and some jerk in a pickup was riding my bumper. I think headlights should all be at the same height off the ground. (End grumpy old man rant).

Got a call from my oldest granddaughter this morning. Got a 45 minute update on her family. Always fun to talk with her.

Prayers for Mrs Daze and all others in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-20-2017

Got a call from a guy leasing a fully furnished 2 1/2 room apartment 200 yards from our home in April and Mai. He will stop by on Monday evening with a contract ready for signature. That is very good news and solves one of my key problems.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-21-2017

Good afternoon, cold and damp here, it's been raining on and off for a few days now. They say we got close to one inch last night, and more scheduled for tonight and through the beginning of next week. They got over 2' of snow in the northern parts of the state, great for the skiers. Not good for traffic though since they're warning us not to travel up there right now.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. There are some days, like today, really test one's ability to cope, but we manage and then there's always tomorrow and hopes that things get just a little bit better....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-21-2017

Weather here is fog. Probably same tomorrow with snow Monday.

Made it to Railway club meeting today; some came from even farther away. Dayle bought more for her dairy bar/farm -- changing the breed of cows and a few bales of hay.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-22-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another cloudy, foggy day in progress in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 34 headed for a high of 39. More fog and clouds are in the forecast through Wed. On the other hand the temps are staying pleasant with highs above freezing.

it's been a very quiet couple of days around here. Went to dinner with some friends Friday evening but haven't been out of the house since. That will change this morning as I need to restock the shelves. A quick in and out and Walmart should take care of that. Early morning is a good time to shop. I'm also going to treat myself to breakfast.

Reinhard - glad you got your housing challenge solved.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-22-2017

Fog was thicker today.
Went to the HD showing of Sleeping Beauty today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-23-2017

Still waiting for the apartment lease contract to be signed this evening. I had a tiny question on Friday afternoon but never got an answer over the weekend. I feel uneasy with people that do not answer a simple iMessage within two days. Hope everything will go will today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-23-2017

Good morning everyone, and I hope your week is starting off well for you all. No rain yesterday, Saturday was bright and clear, yesterday was overcast but still dry. A third storm is suppose to be here though, so today should be a wet one. There's a number of car auctions going on here right now, they're running one of them live on TV, and I can't believe seeing one after the other going for $100,000 and up. I guess "up" means in the millions for some of them, and that's probably casual money for those that are bidding. Sorry, when I buy a vehicle, it's for transportation, not for show....

Good luck Reinhard, I get a bit antsy when I don't get answers quickly enough to simple or important questions. There may be a good reason, but be cautious anyway.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-23-2017

I called the owner of the apartment. He confirmed everything and plans to be at our condo this evening "or tomorrow morning". Looks like he is a very busy young businessman. He has this strong local Swabian accent that does not go well with fast speaking. Non native German speakers would have their "fun" listening to him. May be I will ask him about his retirement plans to calm down..... Wink

Anyhow, there is a backup with a tentative viewing of an apartment in 10 miles distance on Wednesday. The one in walking distance would be much more convenient.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-23-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another cloudy day underway outside my window this morning. Right now it's 32 headed for a high of about 39. Downright balmy for January. A winter storm watch has been posted for tomorrow afternoon through Wednesday morning. 2-4" of wet heavy snow expected. Personally I wish the temperature for the storm would be about 10 degrees cooler. The wet snow makes for much harder work for the snow blower (and the person running it).

The only thing on tap for today is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-23-2017

Morning all. Sunny [finally] and 56 degrees. 2285_ Sorry but been busy for a few days. Love all of you but always checking on Tom and DAZ. Both are always in my prayers.
Hope to get personal stuff done today. Usually ends up getting interrupted by Town stuff. Busy with Town rest of the week.
God bless America.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-23-2017

3rd day of fog. Possible snow tonight (is this still the Colorado Low?)
Looked out my old N gauge stuff -- what's left is about 3 boxes worth.