The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-02-2017

Good morning. We had the movers here yesterday to get the contract in place. I failed to convince my wife to let the mover unpack all the boxes in her room too. She insists to do it by herself. Young girls needs some sport ..... All other things will be packed and unpacked later on by the movers. Packing is important to have insurance coverage.
I will meet my old colleagues this evening in a restaurant near by. I hope to have a nice evening with litte bad news but serious illnesses becomes more and more likely as we all get older.

Only four weeks left until we move into the temporary exile . Two month without my layout Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-02-2017

faraway Wrote:Only four weeks left until we move into the temporary exile . Two month without my layout Sad
And we will suffer right along with you. Good Luck train

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-02-2017

Greetings, gang.

Flurries and 25 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is only supposed to be about 32.

Very quiet day yesterday and today will probably be more of the same. Only activities scheduled for today are a trip to the gym this morning and beer and bereavement this evening. Prayers for those in the path and wake of the storms.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-02-2017

Morning. You Yanks are sharing your chilly temps with us warm hearted Southerners. :o 51 degrees and breezy. Actually, that is normal for first of March.

Far, hope the move goes without hitches and damage.

Wifey home cleaning and cleaning for a hen party tonight. Me, got Mayor's stuff reception and then Cabela's with gift certificates [from Christmas]. That was I miss the hen party.

Hope all have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-02-2017

Temperature here dropped 23 deg. C from yesterday. (that's 41 deg F.)

Tried wiring up a switch machine with route selection and got a situation where a loco ran without the throttle's being turned on. No idea why (well, 50 year old switch machine, maybe). I'll try changing it from an H&M to ???
Then maybe take it to the H&M store for advice.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-03-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 23 after an overnight low of 14. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s. Big warmup starting tomorrow. 50s tomorrow the 60s through Monday. Frank - I'm pointing the warmer weather in your direction so you should be able to get your walking shorts out by early next week.

Quiet day yesterday. I did make it through a complete workout at the gym. First time in a couple of years. On tap for today is another trip to the gym, which will make 5 days in a row. First time that has happened in a while also.

All sat safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-03-2017

Hello Blue
A cold but sunny morning.
No breaking news here, just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-04-2017

Morning. 46 degrees. Tom, someone intercepted. Got below freezing last night and suppose to tonight. Wifey had to cover lots of plants. Warming this coming week.

SRO officer resigned. Mixed comments. Most wanted him to stay. Can't tell whole story. Another officer [Sgt.] got state-wide award last night in big ceremony. Youth Underage Drinking Prevention. Given by MADD.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-05-2017

Hello Blue
Where is everybody?
No train news till next weekend
Sun and 40s today in lower Michigan.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-05-2017

sir james Wrote:Hello Blue
Where is everybody?
No train news till next weekend
Sun and 40s today in lower Michigan.
S.J.
Taking a day off I presume.... Welcome

We're busy packing up, got one week before my wife's surgery and three weeks before we have to move, so I'll stop by as usual, but maybe not post as usual.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-06-2017

Greetings, gang.

55 and windy this morning. High for today is supposed to be 67 and windier with winds up to 45 mph. Also a chance for thunderstorms this afternoon. March is coming in like the proverbial lion.

it's been a busy couple of days for me. Got the tall grasses cut down for the spring and picked up a lot of trash in the yard. Indoors I've been working on a couple of projects. I copied all of my digital pictures to a portable hard drive. Over 60,000 picture. I'm going buy 4 small portable drives and give on to each of the kids so they all have all the pictures that my wife and I have taken.

Then yesterday I tried updating my gps. Started at about 5:30 AM and finished about 5 PM. Downloaded the new map 3 times. Finally got it to work. Never had that problem before. Always went smoothly in the past.

Today is going to be a busy day. Need to go to Menards and Walmart. Menards has the rock I use on the Backyard & Southern on sale this week so I want to pick up about a half dozen bags. Also need track down the electrician. Hopefully I will still have the energy to go to the gym. Then I need to set up appointments for my eyes and the car (another airbag recall).

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-06-2017

Morning. 41 degrees and a warmup for rest of the week. Nothing until 5PM County Commissioners. Hope all have a great week.

This was posted on the rifle forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fDq82yJGW3U

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-06-2017

That's hilarious!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-06-2017

Good for days when your power goes out and you still want to run trains.... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-06-2017

Just got back from running a few errands, and on the way I had to wonder if some people have more time on their hands than God intended. As we drove by Surprise Stadium where two teams are there for Spring Training, there was at least a dozen men standing around behind the outfield fence, some were even across the street. They couldn't see anything that was going on because of the fence height, but some of them even wore baseball gloves. I'm assuming that there was batting practice going on and they were waiting for someone to hit a ball over the fence so they could snag it. What do they do with the balls once they get one, or even a few? Do they return them and get a few dollars for their effort, or do they keep them for bragging rights? I don't know, it just struck me that they had nothing better to do than to stand around for a few hours hoping that a ball came their way, and I had to ask myself, just how many balls are hit over the fence to make this all worthwhile...