The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-12-2017

Good morning, temps back up today, pushing 100 this weekend. So be it, hoards of snowbirds flocking out of town back home where it's warm and muggy. At least ours is a dry heat... so they say....

Got news that our casita will be ready in two weeks. A short move, a few hundred feet, still not going to be fun.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-12-2017

Morning. Cloudy and chilly 54 degrees. Not much on agenda but call from Dr.'s ofc. Appointment at 11:15 for tick bite. New cell phone coming today. LG this time. Samsung has messed up. Latest upgrade messed up the settings and is not user friendly. Several persons are agreeing with me. Can't be reversed per Samsung. They'll learn.

Hope no one gets bad storms. We were spared with some lightning [not close] and a big pour down. Others not so lucky.

Thought Mocking Birds did not use feeders. Sure use suet feeder. Also had a big black bird on it this AM. Wow. Seems they are going through them fast. Pesky squirrel hanging around. Can't get to feeder or suet feeder. Cones that wobble make it hard. Keeping all veggie baskets at length. They had learned to jump from the top of them to the top of suet feeder shepard's hook.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-13-2017

Greetings, gang.

Looks to be another beautiful day here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 52 with a predicted high in the low 80s with winds up to about 20 MPH.

Yesterday was fairly successful. I got the garage (sort of) cleaned out ad will work on that more today. Ran the string trimmer and all was going well until I caught a stray electrical wire caught in the mechanism. Still trying to get it out. It's the thermostat wire to the condensing unit on the a/c so I still have time to get it repaired. Had to cut the wire and take the trimmer to my work room. Will try to get the wire out today.

Don - will the facility provide assistance in your move?

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-13-2017

The parquet refurbish did not work and it had to be redone yesterday in the late afternoon. The apartment is off limits until Sunday when the new layer of parquet lacquer has set. The other works continued until the last minute.
I have some serious concerns about the robustness of the fresh painted parquet on Monday. Moving furniture is always a rough job.
The movers are expected Monday 7:45h with all our belongings. They will install a 45° lift to move everything over the balcony. That is much faster than via stairways or lift into the 4.th floor. Lets hope for no rain on Monday.
An unpacking team will do the ordinary unpacking stuff (kitchen etc.) on Tuesday. My wife unpacks here belongings in her new room by herself.
Lots of small things will continue all over the next week. Most important will be the painter lady fixing all the marks and scratches made be others after she did it the first time.
We are still pretty good on schedule. Only one day more than the planned minimum.
I plan to move back on Wednesday to have the first night in the old home again 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-13-2017

Good morning, strange how a bunch of us are having moving/referb project at about the same time. No Tom, they won't help at all with the move. They've painted the casita where we'll be moving to and putting down all new flooring, but no help beyond that. They did give us a sizable break in the rent while we're in the apartment since the screw-up was not our doing, but it will cost us an extra move plus the storage fees and I'm sure the TV, Internet and phone people will charge us to move our service from here to there. Our schedule is to move two weeks from today, the mover estimates about four hours to do it all.

No rain in the forecast, just heat. Pushing 100 again, I think it got up to 98 yesterday, or was that suppose to be today????? Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-13-2017

A quick good morning to Blue
Sun and 60s today, about average for our early May.
No big breaking news here. Just trodding along.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-15-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another pleasant day in store for me. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s with a low chance for rain this afternoon.

Saturday I got the string trimmer repaired and finished trimming Also put some weed killer down along with some other minor projects. Then I discovered that about 15 feet of the outdoor track has come loose from the tie strips. Since it's been repaired multiple times I have ordered enough tie strips to replace almost all of that distance. Hopefully the tie strips will be here tomorrow or Wed.

Yesterday I mostly goofed off after watch the F1 race. i did manager to get the screens in the front porch and went for a walk (too windy for the bike).

Today I need to change the oil on the mower and if the electrician shows up get some wire from him to replace the wire that got tangled in the trimmer. Also going to try and get the new conduit and electrical meter box painted.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-15-2017

Morning. Beautiful day and 79 degrees. County Commissioners after a few errands. Bad tick bite and on meds. Probably cut short after that meeting and come home [skip another dinner one].

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-15-2017

Hello Blue
Sunny and 70 today.
Nothing in my train world, it's just nice being able to get outside again.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-16-2017

Morning all. Beautiful and 75 degrees. Suppose to hit 90. Ran my new RS3 and it is doing well. Tick fever is fighting but meds and myself are fighting back. Now a little cold with it. Will over come.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 05-16-2017

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning all. Beautiful and 75 degrees. Suppose to hit 90. Ran my new RS3 and it is doing well. Tick fever is fighting but meds and myself are fighting back. Now a little cold with it. Will over come.

Have a good one.
Chief, I hope you have a full and fast recovery. I want to suggest this for a community project for you. I hate ticks, we lost a furbaby to RMSF and have one now that had Lymes and we are not in an area known for ticks.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.practicalprimitive.com/skillofthemonth/ticktubes">http://www.practicalprimitive.com/skill ... /ticktubes</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-17-2017

The furniture arrived on Monday and the boxes have been unpacked yesterday. Stupid movers forgot to make photos and notes what belongs where. We had a tough session with the managing director of the movers yesterday to get things sorted out. Anyhow the kitchen is simply a mess and not really useable at the moment. It will take us some days to sort things out.
The temporary belongings are moved today at 3pm from the rented apartment into our condo. The movers offered it for free due to the mess of yesterday.
There will be a lot of small things the subcontractors have to do over the next days (and weeks).....

But I am sitting in my model railroad room again and two new Intermountain GP10 are awaiting their sound decoders to be installed are idling behind me. There is more then subcontractors and kitchens in the life of a retiree!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-17-2017

Good morning all, got the keys to our casita but it's not ready to move in yet. One more week before they put new flooring down, then we move on the 27th. We can move what we want into the garage, but I just want to move a few things ourselves, like clothes, dishes and electronics. Not that I don't trust the movers, I just feel more comfortable doing that ourselves.

Temps stayed in the 70's the past few days, but triple-digits are in the forecast starting Sunday.

They're doing a series on TV about our national parks, and they had one the other day on Saguaro National Park and another on the Grand Canyon. Interesting to watch, even for us that have been living in Arizona for over 50 years.

Best wishes and prayers for all those in need.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-17-2017

Morning. Feel horrible. Got to mow and then Mayor things. Energizer bunny. Keep on going on and on. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-17-2017

Greetings gang.

Windy and 70 right now in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be about 75 with a tornado watch until 7 PM. We had a storm move through about 8:30 last night. Winds 50+ mph (we don't know for sure since the storm took out the NWS reporting station) and about a half inch of rain. We lost power at that time and it was just restored about an hour ago. Of course the power came back just moments after I had crawled through a basement window to release the garage door from the opener.

In other news, the Great Electrical Project 0f 2017 was completed yesterday. Now I just have to wait for the bill to show up. Nothing much on tap for today. Need to get caught up on laundry.

Frank - the mowing can wait for a day. Go back to bed and get some rest.

All stay safe.

Tom