The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-14-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another beautiful day here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 75 with a predicted high of about 80. Tomorrow it's supposed to be near 90.

Yesterday I started working on the forms for the new bridge for the Backyard & Southern. Today I need to cut some Masonite® for the sides. If all goes well I should be able to start assembly later this afternoon or tomorrow. Made a grocery run this morning and took a bike ride.

SJ - I agree about the smoking. I used to smoke and never realized just how bad it was until I quit.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-15-2017

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 66 right now headed for a high of 92. Heat wave through next Thursday.

Yesterday I got the Masonite® cut for the forms on the new bridge. I got the first four cut when the neighbor walked out his back door. First I yelled at him for not working and earning my Social Security money and then drafted him to help me cut the rest of the boards. With two of us it made for very quick work.

Last night I needed to put something in the car so I hit the button to open the garage door and it only moved a couple inches. I tried pushing it down and lifting it via the handle. Lifting it worked, sort of. The door went up but came right back down. Then I noticed the top panel was tilted back. Not good. Had to crawl through an 18X33 basement window. For some reason the top rollers had come off the track. Got wrench and fixed that. Tried to open the door with the opener and the motor just clicked. Sounds like it's time for a new opener. The old one only lasted about 50 years. I'll probably only get 10 years out of the new one. Bright spot - my next door neighbor runs a garage door company.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-15-2017

Morning. Pass through. Sorry haven't been by lately. Busy. Been super hot and humid here. Heat index in the 100's. Not much rain. Been watering when I have time. Trying to keep garden and Wifey's flowers/shrubs going.

Haircut time.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-15-2017

Good morning all, lots of strange weather going on around the country. We've got our typical dust storms and some rain. Yesterday we got caught in a dust storm on our way home from Walmart and could hardly see the car in front of us. Just a slight trickle or rain after that. Temps are dropping below 110 for a few days. I see flooding in the Midwest and back east, something that we usually see but so far have been spared that. A big sinkhole of mud is swallowing up homes somewhere (I didn't catch where), and tornadoes hitting other areas. Then, of course, we still have those wildfires in many states. Prayers for all those affected by all this.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-15-2017

Sun and 80s today
Finished a few small yard chores and now to goof off.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-16-2017

Hello Blue
Today's about the same as yesterday.
So just enjoy it. We like sitting on the porch in the evening but I have run out of train magazines so we just watch the cars go by.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-17-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, hot, and humid are the weather words for this week. Right now it's 88 with a predicted high in the low 90s for today and the remainder of the week.

Just got a phone call from my son. He is cancer free for the second check up in a row. 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-17-2017

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Sunny, hot, and humid are the weather words for this week. Right now it's 88 with a predicted high in the low 90s for today and the remainder of the week.

Just got a phone call from my son. He is cancer free for the second check up in a row.
Tom
Tom, Hearing this made my day. I will keep you in my prayers.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-17-2017

GREAT NEWS, TOM. Big Grin

Framers went to work today. Inspector was late coming so didn't get more done. Walls tomorrow.

[Image: enhance]

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-19-2017

Greetings, gang.

The three H's dominate the weather today. Hot, humid, and hazy. It's 73 right now headed for a high in the low 90s. Copy and paste for the remainder of the week. No cool down expected until Sunday.

Got the new garage door opener installed yesterday. Work was done by the son of my next door neighbor so lots of talking along with the work. On tap for today is a grocery run followed by a bike ride. The remainder of the day will be spnet indoors.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-19-2017

Sun and 88 today.
I did some errands yesterday so just a few small chores here at home for today.
I waited till the sun was going down and then cut the grass yesterday evening.
Spent the rest of the evening sitting on the patio.
Just a couple of laps with the trains to keep the rails clean.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-21-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 75 with a light rain shower just west of town. High today is supposed to be about 95 with heat index of about 105. Only 90 for tomorrow and much cooler by Sunday.

Quiet day yesterday. If it doesn't rain I'll be heading out on the bike pretty soon. Nothing else planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-22-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 73 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The high for today is supposed to be about 87 but I have my doubts. If the NWS keeps up its track record from yesterday we could be in for a blizzard. Yesterday's forecast called for sunny, 95, and humid and they were very accurate. Except for the temperature, which never made it out of the 70s. And the sunny skies blessed us with a quarter inch of rain off and on throughout the day. I must admit, it was humid yesterday.

So far today I've been to Menards and Walmart. Next up I plan to work on the forms for the new bridge for the Backyard & Southern.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: Tom's Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-23-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 70 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 82 with lower humidity. Looks to be a nice day.

Yesterday I started placing the forms for the new bridge. I think this might actually work. On tap for today is more work on the forms and a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-23-2017

Good morning everyone, well it is afternoon in Southeast Ohio.
I want to say hi especially to Tom as it seems he is the only real active guy to this thread.
I just finished mowing, took over 5 hours. We have a birthday celebration for one of our great grand daughters today so the decoder install I was planning will have to wait until after work tomorrow. Wait! I am retired, I don't work tomorrow except for me and me is a very easy boss to work for. Icon_lol
Have a great day everyone.
Charlie