The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-23-2017

Howdy gang. Sorry haven't visited lately. Busy. Hot and humid here for days. Spend free time watering garden and flowers. Rooms have walls and sheeting on roof. Electrician due this week, followed by roofer and then plumber.

Right now it is 108 with 125 heat index per weather station [its out in the open due to rain gauge in it].

Hope all are OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-24-2017

Greetings, gang.

Looks like the remote reaches of northern Iowa are in for another beautiful day. Right now it's sunny and 64 headed for a high in the low 80s, much like yesterday. A little warmer tomorrow and then much needed rain on Wed. afternoon and evening.

More work on the forms for the new bridge yesterday. Basically it's like a giant Jello® mold. I'm not ready to put it in place permanently because the sides are fiberboard and won't tolerate much rain (see forecast section above). Also rode the bike and cleaned it up a little bit. Cleaned and oiled the chain and washed the bike. It will now go 2 mph faster. 357

On tap for today is... Well. I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. I could work on the forms some more but I need to remove them before the rain on Wed. because I won't have time to pour the cement so I may just goof off today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 07-24-2017

Strong winds and heavy rain at least until Wednesday. The temperature is dropping down to 60°.
The balcony becomes a strict no rattle can zone.... Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-25-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's partly cloudy and humid this morning, making the 66 degrees seem colder than it actually is. High for today is supposed to be near 90 with an overnight low tomorrow morning of 71 so I'll be switching on the a/c for a day. Tomorrow it's only supposed to be 81 but with lots of rain and a possibility of some strong storms.

Yesterday I picked up the forms for the new bridge. Since they are only made of fiberboard they probably won't hold up to the rain very well. It should be easy enough to put them back in place and complete the project. The way it stands now it looks like I'll need between 5 and 6 bags of cement. I'm really looking forward to getting this project completed.

On tap for today is a grocery and Menards run for essentials (a chop saw on sale for $50 at Menards). Also going somewhere for breakfast as I'm out of milk so I can't have my usual brown cereal this morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-25-2017

Good morning all. The weather around here has been typical, lots of rain, wind and flooding. As a result, it been a lot cooler, I don't think it got to 100 yesterday. The news, as usual, showed pictures of motorists stranded in flooded streets and others being plucked by helicopter out of places they shouldn't have been in the first place. Flash floods are always a problem, we had one incident where 14 people got swept away while at a family outing, they were only able to rescue four of them. There was a flash flood warning, but they were all in an area where they couldn't hear it. The recent wild fires had caused that and other flooding, those living in the Mayer area were again evacuaated after having been evacuated a few weeks ago because of the fires. There are a number of people responsible for the local rains, these are the ones that were in line at the car wash on Sunday, including us....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-25-2017

Morning all. Big hole in dinning room wall. Walk through to new den being framed.

Rheumatology Dr.'s ofc. called and wanted me to go tomorrow instead of today. "No, I have already planned to go out of town [to farms with Grady hired to help me cut shooting lane]. Coolest day this week per guessers. Also, only day Fred can go this week. Rescheduled for next Monday. Dr. wants to confer with someone. ????? Why did they offer today if she didn't want to see me. Guess she didn't get up with other Dr. ????? Can't live without them.

97/47 = 108.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-26-2017

Greetings, gang.

Rain and 73 degrees outside my window this morning. We could get as much as an inch of much needed rain. High for today is supposed to be about 80.

Got my errands run yesterday but didn't go out for breakfast. Picked up a donut at Walmart and then later made some pancakes. Not much else accomplished.

Today I had to go buy a new printer. Old one died. Spent $50. Replacement cartridges are $13 and $15 so if I have any problem I'll pitch the printer and buy another cheap one. Nothing else on tap for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-28-2017

Greetings, gang.

The second in a string of nice days is underway here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 68 headed for a high of about 80 with moderate humidity. Our friends at the National Weather Service have assured me that the next week will bring similar weather.

Quiet day yesterday. Had lunch with a friend and then went to beer and bereavement. Lots of laughter and good natured ribbing. Always a fun evening.

Today I need to set up a couple of appointments. Tomorrow I am headed for Des Moines for a family reunion. After that I will direct my attention to the bridge for the Backyard & Southern. Hopefully it will be done by this time next week.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-29-2017

Morning. Cloudy and humid. Cooler though. All roofing work is done. Guys worked through rain and storms [the sudden down pour and then gone type off and on]. Hope all are OK. Will be glad when this building is over. A mess inside and out.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-29-2017

Good morning all, it looks like some places around the country got hotter than we've been the past few days. We barely made 100 yesterday and I'm not sure if we even got that high on Thursday. School started for some kids this past week and next week for others. I can remember that we didn't go back until the day after Labor Day when I was in school. They have football practice during the hottest part of the year, I don't know why they've shifted the summer vacation, but they start in May and end about now.

Not much else to talk about here. Even the TV new is repeating the same story a few days in a row, even they're getting bored it seems.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-29-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today.
No big news here. I am just enjoying summer.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-30-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 70 this morning. high for today is supposed to be about 80.

I look kind of like a racoon this morning. Spent about 4 hours on a pontoon boat yesterday at a family reunion. Got to see nieces and nephews that I haven't seen in years. Fun day.

Today I plan to finish the forms for the new bridge on the Backyard and Southern. If all goes well I'll get the cement and start poring tomorrow. Up next is a bike ride.

Frank - good to see progress on the addition. How long before you can move in?

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-31-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and a cool 59 degrees this morning. high for today is supposed to be about 80.

I worked (more or less) diligently yesterday on getting the forms built but did not get it done. Will work more on that today but also have other things to do so we'll see if I get it done today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-31-2017

Morning. Cooler here. Got a Dr's apt. Then a special Town Board meeting. Mow grass this AM.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-31-2017

Good morning all. Well, we got caught up on the lack of rain on this side of town over the weekend. Lots of heavy weather hit us Saturday. There has to be eight or ten large trees down in our complex along with a few dozen large branches. On the street next to us there has to be at least 20 trees down and a lot more big branches. We have a pile of roof tiles in our walkway as well. Could have been a micro-burst, but I remember over the years where roofs were lifted off motels and trailers tossed around, so this isn't uncommon or as bad as it could be. Skies are dark right now, so I expect more later today.

Have a great week..... 2285_