The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-17-2017

Morning. Walked to the Church service in the park across the street. New Methodist Church. Moving to leased space near Town Hall in Oct. Nice group. Larger than I had expected. Very informal. More of a modern singing. Short service. Applause To the point.

DAZ, best way to "make" a storm is to have your vehicles detailed.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-17-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny an 62 with a predicted high of 70 for today and tomorrow. After that it starts to warm up again with highs in the upper 70s to low 80s. Had some off and on rain showers the last couple of days and all together got less than a quarter inch. Rain is predicted off and on again through Friday. Hope we get more than we did in the last couple of days.

Went to the National Weather Service open house in Des Moines yesterday. Mainly Just to see if they had windows and if they ever looked out of those windows. This morning I watched a Formula 1 race with a surprising result. I won't spoil it if you haven't watched it yet. Then I put some grass seed in some bare spots in the front yard. Nothing much else on tap for the remainder of the day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-18-2017

Morning. Not enough sleep. SIL calls and wakes Wifey. FIL my pass at anytime. Now whole household got up. No word from Wifey. Got to do some things and meetings. Will see what goes on. 92 year old widow lady died 5 houses down the street. Good friend of everyone.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-18-2017

Good morning, the start of a good week I hope. Frank, washing to van didn't do it, I even got the "super wash". I guess that next thing to do will be to get it detailed, we need the rain, well, I like it because it's refreshing after a long, hot summer. That's right, fall is but a few days away...wow! My mind is still somewhere around March or April. The older you are, the faster time seems to go by. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-18-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cold and rainy today. right now it's 55 with some light rain. Prediction is for as much as a half inch before it's all over. Not a drought buster but any rain right now is appreciated.

Quiet day yesterday. Today looks to be a laundry and other indoor stuff day. Prayers for Frank's FIL and all others, whether in need or not.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 09-18-2017

Evening all. Think I might of gotten lost. My last post was Jan 1, 2017. Wow didn't realize it. Hope you all have been doing well

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-19-2017

Good morning all, not much happening here, a few snowbirds arriving early, a few ducks and geese are as well. Temps last week were up to 110, now down to 100 and in a few days they say it could get down to the high 80's for our high, and in the 60's for the low.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-19-2017

Morning. Nice day out. Little warm for this time of the year. Wifey just text me. Her Dad passed. Blessing. Long illness. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-19-2017

Frank - prayers and condolences to you and your family in this difficult time. I do understand what you mean by a blessing.

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 64 right now. Skies are supposed to clear and the temperature is supposed to be in the low 80s. Got about a half inch of much needed rain yesterday.

Quiet day for today. Need to clean some leaves in the back yard so I can run the train for a while this afternoon.

RT - welcome back. Hope all is well and no bad results from the hurricane..

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-19-2017

Hello Blue
Maybe some rain today. 70s for the high with low 80s the rest of the week.
Chief condolences to your family.
No train news, after our favorite store owner passed and closed things are just not that eventful anymore. Yes he closed first.
We have other hobby shops but it's just not the same, he was trains nothing else.
I watched the Detroit Lions game last night. They actually looked like a real football team. Now that is news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-21-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 55 but it's supposed to clear off and reach the upper 80s this afternoon. Temperatures are supposed to remain high for the next few days so I'll be turning the air conditioner back on. Thought I was done with that for this year.

Absolutely nothing accomplished yesterday and not much of an improvement will occur today. I do need to have an emergency run of the dishwasher. Why's that, you ask? I'm out of ice cream scoops but the dishwasher is not full.

This afternoon I'm going to a painting class sponsored by the local hospice house. Maybe I can use the techniques learned on the trains somehow, if I ever get back to the trains. But that's another (very boring) story.

Prayers for those devastated by the storms.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-22-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and an unusually warm 75 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. That's normally the high for this time of year. Our predicted high for today is about 93 with high humidity. Definitely a day to stay indoors.

Painting class was entertaining last night. Lots of laughter and silliness along with a little wine made for a very entertaining evening. Need to make an early morning grocery run but no other plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: Tom's Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-23-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and hot outside my window this morning. 72 now headed for a very warm (for Late September) 89. One more day of hot weather tomorrow then a front moves through with a promise of rain for Sunday night through Tuesday.

Quiet day yesterday. Oldest daughter stopped by briefly to say hi. This morning I plan to get some leaves gathered and this afternoon will be college football. Could be an interesting remainder of the season. Our athletic director was fired on Thursday. When that happens the head football coach is generally not far behind. If he manages to remain undefeated for the remainder of the season he may keep his job but chances of that are very slim.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: Tom's Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-24-2017

Greetings, gang.

One more unusually hot day for today with a high near 90 again. 80 tomorrow with rain. Then upper 60s to low 70s for the remainder of the week.

Got the last of the acorns cleaned up and hauled away yesterday then watched college football. After breakfast this morning I'm going for a bike ride and then will remain indoors for the rest of the day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-24-2017

Morning. Sunny and hot. Got to water. Dry here. Strange, rained and rained until outside of addition was done. Now working inside, no rain. Icon_lol

FIL, funeral and now things settling. Wifey off to the Home Show as Master Gardener. Will answer gardening questions.

Have a good one.