The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-11-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 42 with a predicted high of about 60. We got another inch of rain yesterday.

Never made it to the gym yesterday. Just as I was ready to leave one of my daughters called. A picture had showed up on her facebook of her husband threatening to throw my wife off the train (like the old move - Throw Momma From The Train). Brought back memories and she was having a difficult time dealing with them. Spent an hour on the phone with her.

I did get the laundry caught up. I can tell it's no longer summer. Bulkier clothes and more clothes. Took 6 loads to get all caught up. Today I plan to get to the gym. Also need to take the used oil to the disposal site.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-11-2017

Hello Blue
We have had some awesome fall days but this is not one of them.
It started raining during the night with showers expected all day.
The rain is bringing some leaves down but there is still a lot of green.
High of 54.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-11-2017

Good morning to you all, nice weather here, but a bit over normal temps. We're still on the high side of the 90's, normal is in the low 90's. Still hot for some, but cooling off for sure here...

Prayers for those folks in California. We lived there for a few years back in the 70's and fires and Santa Ana winds were a few of the reasons why we moved out of there. Earthquakes, crowded freeways and high cost of living were a few other reasons. We never saw fires like this though, so the best for all those affected by these fires.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-12-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 50 headed for a predicted high of 65 with winds up to 25 mph.

Went to the gym yesterday but couldn't swim the full half mile. Got a cramp in my toes that wouldn't go away. Then I got rid of the accumulated used oil. Late afternoon I got the logging train out and tried to start a fire. Wood would only smolder. Gave up after about 45 minutes.

Today I've been out and about to the grocery store and next up is to harvest my first crop of leaves for the season.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-13-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's a foggy 48 this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be about 60 with chances of rain now through Saturday Night.

Not a good weekend for rain as my oldest grandson is getting married tomorrow afternoon in an outdoor ceremony. Reception will be indoors.

Yesterday I got the first batch of leaves harvested and the yard mowed. Today I need to dispose of the leaves and do some cleaning in the house as both of my surviving brothers will be here for the weekend festivities. The wedding will also increase my great-grandkid count to ten as my grandson is marrying a wonderful young widow two young boys.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: Tom's Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-14-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy with some light drizzle and 54 degrees. High of about 62. Good news for the wedding this afternoon. Looks like most of the rain will stay to the south. Outdoor ceremony planned with a fall-back plan in place. Busy day ahead and could be long.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-14-2017

Hello Blue
It's raining and will throughout the weekend. Hi about 60.
Today is club day, our host is well know for his scenery and weathering. It will be our first visit to this layout.
An afternoon event which is good for me, I can be home in time to watch the Buckeyes.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-15-2017

Morning all. Been a crazy week. Busy Mayor wise. House has been in a mess. Subs showing up in the early morning hour to work. Gotten a lot done. Took off Friday afternoon to go east. Was up and in the stand before daylight yesterday. Late yesterday just before dark this one walked out into bean field.

[Image: enhance]

7 pointer weighed 179.5

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-15-2017

Good thing you waited for that deer to happen by.
He probably thought you gave up and left by then.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-16-2017

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning all. Been a crazy week. Busy Mayor wise. House has been in a mess. Subs showing up in the early morning hour to work. Gotten a lot done. Took off Friday afternoon to go east. Was up and in the stand before daylight yesterday. Late yesterday just before dark this one walked out into bean field.
Chief, it's too bad you didn't get the dear that totaled my grand daughters Ford Focus. Your deer are pretty big too. Ohio deer can be huge compared to the ones they have in Pennsylvania. What did you use for the kill?
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-17-2017

Hello Blue
A sunny fall 60 degrees today.
The club meet went well and there is a lot of post on Facebook about this 3 rail layout.
Several guys took and posted pics.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-17-2017

Passing through. Off to bed. Busy Mayoring for last two. Chilly 45 degrees out. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-18-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny and warm day in store for us residents of the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 50 headed for a high in the mid 70s.

Been under the weather for the last few days, battling a cold. It's still there but I'm slowly getting over it. Grandson was married over the weekend so my great-grandkid count is now officially 10.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-18-2017

Hi.
A note that we returned from our travels on Monday. The password that I had written out for Big Blue didn't work on my iPad, so I've just been reading for 3 weeks.
Went to Boston, then New York (well, Jersey City).

I have some choice comments about getting in to Boston using the MBTA -- it seems to be impossible to buy a ticket unless you're already in the city.

Motor home now winterized and stored and next year's licence bought.

Border crossing friendly and expeditious both ways. The US did check under our bed.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-19-2017

Good morning all. Just a bit of a change for us. After seven months, we finally decided that retirement community living isn't for us, so we're now homeowners once again. We will be moving at the end of the month, once we put in the changes that we want. We're probably a mile or so from where we are now, but we will be just two blocks away from Packey, or son's house. This place we're in now just didn't have the services that I though we needed and we were paying for lousy food that we only ate four or five times a week and services that we never would use. The few friends that we made can still be friends, we're not that far away. The big thing though is that I have plenty of room for my new layout, and I get those tools back that I let Packey hold on to and use... Thumbsup Thumbsup