The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-23-2017

Happy Thanksgiving, gang! Let the eating begin!

Sunny and 29 this morning with a predicted high in the upper 40s. 62 is predicted for tomorrow.

The pies are made and ready for consumption. Time will tell whether it's actually safe to eat them. New water heater installed yesterday and the laundry is caught up.

I'll soon be headed out the door to oldest grandson's place for family, fun, and food. Should be a fun day. Weather will be nice enough to let the great-grandkids outside to burn off some excess energy.

David - about a year and a half ago someone blew up one of the automated speeding ticket dispensers. No one ever did find out who did it but now all three of the vehicles are equipped with CCTV to detect someone approaching the vehicle.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-23-2017

Happy Thanksgiving to all. House full of women cooking. Plop plop fizz fizz. Enjoy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-23-2017

Have a good Thanksgiving everyone.
For those outside the US have a good day too.
Come join us.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-24-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and pleasant on this black Friday. Right now it's 45 headed for a high of 65. Cooler tomorrow but still much above average for this time of year.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. My first attempt at pumpkin pie turned out quite well. I have been requested to bring another one to my granddaughter's place tomorrow. I'll be headed to her place tomorrow and return on Sunday.

Last night I braved the crowds at Walmart to pick up a certain item. Once I found it I was able to get through the checkout quickly but it took 20 minutes and asking directions from four different employees before I located it.

This morning I've been to Office Max to pick up a new laptop. Latest 8th generation Intel processor, touch screen, and a cd drive (a rarity in laptops nowadays) for about what it would have cost me to repair the old one. Up next is probably the last bike ride of the season followed by college football at 3.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-24-2017

Morning. Great family gathering here yesterday. Adults had fun. Kids played and had fun. Great food. Such a large variety, didn't get to try all. Blessed day.

Not hunting as planned. Will go Monday and Tuesday. Do some chores here. Relax too.

Tom, each Granddaughter cooked a pie. Oldest [8] did a pumpkin pie. Looked good. She forgot the sugar. :o Two twins [6] did pies. Kaylee did chocolate pie. Every time Frankie saw her, she had chocolate pudding around her mouth. 357 Mom was teaching them fractions. Got a smart DIL. They all made Christmas ornament for each Aunt [two they had never met, step-aunts]. Smart kids.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-25-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 35 headed for the mid 50s. Not as nice as yesterday's 66 but still pretty nice for late November.

Headed out the door soon to granddaughter for Thanksgiving #2. Taking the second pie as requested by granddaughter and her husband. Be back tomorrow.

Frank - compassion for your granddaughter. I'll bet she felt pretty miserable.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-25-2017

Morning. Back under house in a few. Crawled most of yesterday afternoon. Also reaching up. Can sit as plenty of room under there. Easy access. Plastic so dry. Put in heat tape for outside faucets. Seems plumber put them over foundation vents. Vents close but not sealed. Also, putting some insulation in vents. All this incase we have the once in a very long while extreme cold for days. Prevention now. Will cover hot water line with foam insulation as longest run from hot water heater at other end of house. Should have gone hunting.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-25-2017

Good evening all. Had a great day in the train room. My daughter came down to help me sort some boxes and clear some junk. It was nice having someone that could kneel to reach the boxes. We still have another days work but getting organized is a big help. After supper I went back out and repaired a few cars that I had bought a while back that needed the couplers attached with screws so they don't fall off when the clips come loose I drill and tap everything. I managed to spend 4 hours and I really enjoyed it.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Cheers
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-26-2017

Good morning all. Thanksgiving Day was great, dinner at our son Pat's (packey) house. No cooking, no cleanup for us. We used to host holiday dinners for years, but those years got to us and it's a delight for someone else to take on that tradition.... As far as temps go, we've been hit with record and near-record heat, up in the high 80's. Suppose to drop down to the 70's later this week. One outdoor skating rink, yeah they do that here too, couldn't open because of the heat. The Snow Bowl, up in Flagstaff, finally opened to skiing thanks to man-made snow. Still, over three months now since we've had measurable rain.

Still unpacking boxes and putting up decorations. Maybe today we can put up the Christmas tree and the few decorations that we have left. We gave away boxes of Christmas decorations to our Realtors who has a connection to the Salvation Army. They are the ones that organized the bell ringing realtors, every Wednesday during the Christmas season, a group of realtors take over the bell ringing, kettle chores. They asked us to donate the furniture and other things we didn't need to the Salvation Army when we moved, it all went to help the wounded vets, and there was no doubt that this was worthwhile, so right before the moving van showed up, the Salvation Army backed up their van and took a load of stuff that even now, after moving back into a house, we still don't really need.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-26-2017

Hello Blue
We have sun and 40s, the guesser's say it will last all week.
No real toy train news ah but a successful football Saturday.
The forums I visit seem to be in a Rip Van Winkle mood, not sure why.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-26-2017

Evening. Took Wifey Christmas shopping after Sunday School. 20 miles away. We have the largest selection of stores right here. Oh well. She paid for Cracker Barrel. Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-27-2017

Vacation is almost over. All suitcases packed ready to check out and go to the airport at 2 pm. We had a great time except the daily entertainment music at 9 pm was to loud and the water in the pools to cold. I am not a hero but a retiree.... Big Grin

Very few guests from UK but lots of Dutch and Scandinavian guests this time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-27-2017

Greetings, gang

Clear and 29 this morning headed for sunny, windy, and 66. Looks to be another in a string if mild late fall days. Temps supposed to be 10-15 degrees above normal for the remainder of the week.

Over the weekend i finally broke the Thanksgiving cures. I have been trying for three years to get to my granddaughter's house for Thanksgiving. Each year a medical reason has prevented that. Had a scare with my father-in-law but he was back home before Thanksgiving so all is well. On the way home I stopped in for a visit with some friends from high school. Granddaughter has 4 very active children so I'm pretty tired today. Not much on the agenda for today.

Don - with all the cold weather you're expecting I hope you found the thermal long johns and down filled coats during the unpacking.

Reinhard - did you take along an extra suitcase so you could pack up some of that nice warm air to take home with you?

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-27-2017

Reinhard, glad to hear that you had a great time on vacation. Lots of people enjoying our vacation weather, but some of us locals are getting just a bit tired of it. Yesterday was a record 89. The furnace is on in the morning, the A/C is on by mid-afternoon. We were 18 degrees above normal yesterday. And yeah Tom, I'm still looking for the box that has my long johns in it. Temps are suppose to plummet down into the 70's and low 80's in a few days. 357

Arizona State beat the University of Arizona on Saturday. On Sunday, the coach and his staff were fired. I guess a winning season and a trip to a bowl game isn't enough for some. Win big or go home..... I guess when you make more than a million dollars a year, they expect more of you than just a "mediocre" season. And here, all this time, I thought that going to college was all about learning, but then when they do a $350,000,000 (taxpayer funded) upgrade to the football stadium, I guess they have to justify that by winning more than just seven games. Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-27-2017

Morning. Chilly 32 degree start. Warming fast. Next few days above average. Visitation for a lady in the community. Then, off to the hunt for a few days.