The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-11-2017

Greetings, gang.

Snow/fog/freezing drizzle this evening in Port Huron.

As expected, my father-in-law passed away last Tuesday evening. Funeral service and interment were today. I was planning to head home tomorrow but there are winter storms warnings posted for SW Michigan for tomorrow with up to 7" of snow and high winds so I'm going to wait until Wed. to head home. Pretty much fed up with family right now. Sisters feuding, brother screaming and cursing at each other, it's been an ugly week. Can't wait to get out of here.

Prayers for those in CA. and others in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-12-2017

Morning. Warm and warming. Then windy and dropping to cold. High tomorrow will be 38. Yard work and errands. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-12-2017

Good morning all, a bit chilly this morning, but headed to record highs once again. Forecast calls for 79 to tie the existing record. No rain in the forecast either, humidity yesterday was 10% and dew point at 8 degrees, so it's still a dry heat....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-12-2017

Hello Blue
Well the snowbirds should be happy today.
I just cleared 4 inches of fresh snow off the walk and driveway.
Temp is 19 degrees and very windy.
No train news
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-13-2017

Morning all. Cold and not getting too warm today. Tom left the door open up north. Not a lot of things to do today except try and stay warm. Busy day tomorrow and Wifey flies to NY.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-13-2017

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was NOT a record breaker, it only got up to 75, not the 79 as forecast (some cloud cover kept it cooler they say).

Found out why our shooting are is now posted. Seems as if Bill Gates (yeah THAT guy), bought a large swath of land out that way to build some sort of technology utopia and Flatiron Mountain, where we used to shoot, is right about in the center of it all. Progress, not shooting and dumping junk did it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-14-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 22 this morning with a predicted high in the low 30s. A gradual warming trend is expected through next week. No snow or high winds for a while.

Speaking of high winds, yesterday on my drive home from Michigan I started getting really high winds in western IL. I checked the NWS site for Davenport, IA when I got home and the winds were hitting 50 mph. So, yeah, it was a little breezy. I left Michigan early enough that I only had a couple of snow showers. From Chicago on I was pretty much driving straight into the wind so I got really lousy mileage on the way home.

On tap for today is to get the car washed, pick up a bile for my grandson, and work on laundry and house cleaning. My new lady friend is coming on Sunday for a visit. Also have to clean up a snowdrift size pile of leaves outside the back door. Yard waste disposal site is closed for the season so I'll just burn them in the fire pit. Open burning is not allowed here but there's no restriction on "recreational" fires in a fire pit.

Frank - to compensate for the cold weather last week I'm sending you warm weather this week but I'm sending it in a hurry (see above about 50 mph winds).

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-14-2017

Good morning all, yeah, it's still morning here, in California and Hawaii. Temps still holding in the 70's for highs, but a bit chilly early in the morning. Not much else to talk about, the Post Office lines seem to be getting shorter, probably past the date of delivery before Christmas without going Express Mail. Lots of porch pirates around, here and all over the country it seems. There has to be a different way to deliver things for UPS and FedEx, but some companies just won't ship any other way....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-15-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 29 headed for cloudy and 40 this afternoon. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be in the upper 40s, very unusual for this time of year but I'll take it.

Yesterday I was out and about getting chores done. Went to the bank, picked up a bible for my grandson, bought stamps, and got the car washed. That car was the whitest black car I've eve seen. With all the salt that Michigan was putting on the roads the car really needed a bath.
Also got 5 loads of laundry done. Two more to do today. I also learned a valuable house keeping lesson yesterday. I discovered that the washer works much better when one actually closes the lid and pushes the start button. I put a load in the washer but before I started it, one of my daughters called. Got distracted and walked away. When I got back from running errands I went to switch the laundry. Much to my surprise nothing had happened. Nope

Today I may have to talk to the Post Office. I canceled my hold mail on Wed. night when I got home. No mail was delivered on Thursday and I did not get a confirming e-mail saying the hold was canceled. I went back into the system to try and cancel again but the system said it couldn't find my confirmation number. If I don't get mail today I'll be talking to the post office which works out well as it's right next to Menards, one of my favorite places to browse.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-15-2017

HELLO BLUE
The temp right now is 27, back to the 30s beginning this weekend.
No real train news except the annual Christmas train show Sunday. They have one monthly during the winter but the December one is double in size.
Had to push the snow blower 3 days in a row, something snowbirds don't have to do. I'm kinda Pooped.
I attended a funeral this morning for a guy that was only 6 months older than me. The clock is ticking.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-16-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 28 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 40s with light winds.

I talked to the post office yesterday and found out the problem was mine, not theirs. Previously, all I had to do was cancel a hold mail request and the mail delivery would resume. Now I have to edit the request to change the end date. Shoot Another "improvement" for the post office. Nope

Today I need to do some more house cleaning and then this afternoon I'm going to try out my new drone. I bought it on a black Friday special but it's been too windy to fly.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-16-2017

Good morning all. Still lots of fires in California, some were caused by carelessness just a crying shame. Maybe some rain due there, we have some on the forecast here for tomorrow. 50% by two TV weather-guessers, who knows????? :?

We frequently encounter clerks that can't make change without their register telling them how much to give back. Yesterday we wanted to buy some area rugs at Walmart, I had a printout from their website to avoid confusion. Well, there was, including the head cashier telling me that the one wasn't for the one I had printed out. She said that the printout showed the size to be 2'6" x 3'10", and the one we wanted was 30" x 46"... Duh, I told her to do the math, but she was serious... 35 35 No we didn't buy them, apparently it was a one day Internet sale and I had printed the pages out the night before.... But geeze, don't they teach things like there are 12" to the foot in school anymore, and don't they put the dates for when a sale ends either? Apparently not. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 12-16-2017

ezdays Wrote:....., I told her to do the math,....

On our first cross country drive my wife and i checked in a hotel at the north rim of the Grand Canyon. I remembered the north and south rim have different times zones and I asked for the local time and the time zone. I add "the local time in New York is xx:yy o'clock" (because I forgot to adjust my wrist watch since we started in NY).

Her nice answer: "I don't know, I have never bin to New York"

I learned to much information confuses some people :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-17-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's a foggy 25 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s.

Never did get the drone to fly yesterday. I think I read the instructions wrong. May try again today if I get time. Need to clean house for friend who is coming to visit. My attendance may be spotty for the next couple of days while friend is here.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - MountainMan - 12-17-2017

Clear and cold - 22 F - this AM. Otherwise, another beautiful day in the mountains. Thumbsup