The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-27-2017

Greetings, gang.

-10 this morning. Snow tonight. 'Nuff said.

Got my grocery shopping done yesterday and a successful trip to the gym. Always worthwhile this time of year as the college kids are home for the holidays. Then I tried to order an item online yesterday afternoon. Even though I had clearly marked that I wanted it shipped to my home the software wouldn't recognize it. Finally got on their chat program and after helping me the person gave me free shipping for my troubles. Cool!

Today will be another trip to the store, this time for meats. Walmart doesn't carry meats in the quantity I buy. Also local store has better quality than Walmart.

Frank - good looking lad there. Looks like he already has some varmints in mind. My Fair Lady once won a varmint gun in a raffle (22-250). I have a video of the first time she fired it (actually the first time she fired any weapon). Priceless reaction.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-27-2017

Morning. Cold and cloudy. Snowing at the farm. Fred there hunting. 35 degrees there so will not amount to much. Suppose to quit soon. Nothing here in R'ville. 37 degrees. Going to hospital this afternoon as daughter having back surgery.

Tom, I have .22-250 Remington 700 Varmint Special. Wonderful flat shooting round. A lot of power in a small bullet. Col's is .243. Good varmint and deer rifle.

Have a good one. All up north, stay dry and warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-27-2017

Hello Blue
We have sun and +1 this morning.
No new snow but at least 5 or 6 inches on the ground.
All main roads are dry and clear.
Christmas with our 3 kids and then home in time to relax.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-28-2017

Good morning everyone. I hope your Christmas was delightful and that Santa gave you everything on your list. One thing missing though is "Peace on Earth", but he says that he's working on that.

Been down for a few days, got the creeping crud. Not sure if it's just a cold or a mild case of the flu. Yes, we have had our flu shots, they say that it's no guarantee that you won't catch it, but if you do, it wont be as bad. Either way, I'm still a few days away from feeling normal, no appetite, still have a fully cooked turkey in the fridge. If I don't eat, neither does Peggy. If that's not love, I don't know what is....

Temps have been nice to day the least, chilly mornings, highs in the 70's, some near records.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-28-2017

Greetings, gang.

4 degrees and light snow this morning. Got about 2 inches of very fluffy snow. Snow blower will make short work of it. High for today is supposed to be about 16. Then the thermometer goes into hiding. Lows for Sunday and Monday are supposed to be about -13. May have to go see Don's new house. 357

Had projects lined up for yesterday and decided it was too darn cold so0 I watch The Two Towers, the second of the Lord of the Rings movies. I'll watch the third one over the weekend. Each extended cut movie runs about three hours.

On tap for today is removal of the snow and maybe a trip to the grocery store. Right now it's time to go forage for food.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-28-2017

COLD. Sunny and some wind. Wind chill was 6 this AM. Fred saw only one squirrel. He is coming home. I am going there to hunt the afternoon. Will pay farm property taxes while there. Go back Sat. for afternoon hunt. That may be it for me this season. Stay warm and safe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-29-2017

Morning. Like to have froze yesterday at sundown. Hunted and was not bad in box stand. When I hit the ground, got super cold. Got in truck and drove 4 miles before I stopped shaking. Was 12 degrees on phone this AM. Weather station indicated 14. TV station, 16. Whatever, its cold. Already 23 and going to 42. 50 tomorrow. Then 33 Sunday. Guessers saying below freezing from then for 60 hours. BURR.

Stay warm and safe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-29-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's a snowy 9 degrees outside my window this morning and that's as warm as it's going to be today. Frank - you need to come here for a visit this weekend. Lows for the next several days are as follows: Sat. -9, Sun. -16, Mon -22, Tues. -18. Once the temperature goes below zero tonight we won't see temps above zero until next Wed. But it will be sunny! 357

Yesterday was a quiet day for me. Did very little other than weekly bereavement group. This morning I've already been out and about, stocking up on groceries for the weekend. A trip to the gym is still in the discussion stage.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-29-2017

Good morning, what can I say, chilly mornings, pleasant rest of the day... No moisture, so if it does get to freezing, there's no sign of it. Lots of folks have their shrubs and flowers covered though, just in case.

My cold is running its course, not severe enough to keep me down, but has slowed me to a crawl...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-30-2017

Morning. 32 degrees and going to 50. Heat wave. Actually the normal for this time of the year. Crashing temps tomorrow and for several days.

Tom, don't report that you are sun bathing. :o

Off to the hunt. Probably the last one this season. Been a good one.

Be safe and warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-30-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and -5 this morning with a predicted high of -6? Doesn't sound too promising for sun bathing.

Got about 6 inches of very fluffy snow yesterday. Went out after supper and had everything cleaned up in just over a half hour. On tap for this morning is a quick trip to the grocery store to stock up ion some ,eat. Getting very low. After that I'll be staying indoors as much as possible.

All stay safe (and warm).

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-30-2017

Good morning all, the last weekend of the year. Hard to believe that tomorrow night is New Years Eve, yet again.

Still no rain in the forecast, just lots of sunshine and temps in the 70's. I think yesterday's high was 78. As usual, they were showing somewhere (sometimes they fail to say where the TV reporter really is), they were importing snow and kids where building snowmen and having snowball fights. Golly gee, they do this every year somewhere around the area and the snow lasts maybe all of a few hours....just as long as they keep trucking it in. Gone in milliseconds if they don't...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-30-2017

Hello Blue
Sun with a cold north wind and 14 degrees. Should be around 30 but it ain't happening anytime soon.
We keep getting these pesky 2 and 3 inch snowfalls. I get everything cleaned up and then it snows again. sigh
However the roads have been kept clean and dry. No plans for the weekend.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-30-2017

They're predicting several nights of -30C (which is -22F). Little bits of snow every so often.

I just realized that we forgot to kick the dirty snow off the car before we put it in the garage. Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-31-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and -15 this morning with a wind chill of -32. Got about an inch of snow overnight. Just got in from cleaning that up.

No major plans for today. Just gonna stay indoors until March.

All stay safe and have a Happy New Year.

Tom