The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-20-2014

Evening all. Wifey's birthday. Out for steaks. Totally surprised her with a big fancy rain barrel. Yes, she is delighted. Hard lady to surprise. She has been catching rain in 5 gallon buckets. Uses it to water her many plants. Always bragging about how much water she collects.

Busy day. Town and personal. Got a bad pain in lower left back and leg. When I got home yesterday evening, could hardly get out of Fred's little truck. Do good until I get in and out of vehicles or sitting position. Shame to get old.

Just saw a nice [worn but not bad] 262 tinplate set. Guy at "junk" shop acquired it. Does not know what he has. Switches, light tower, switches, water tank and transformer.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-20-2014

Today was rather uneventful. The Home Health nurse came by to change my dressings around noon. On the Saturn shot posted a few days ago, unlike the moon shot that shot isn't mine. I got it from an astronomy site. None of mine were of any use. Looking forward to my trip to Oakdale tomorrow. Nothing major. Just need the doc to clean up the wound a bit.

It's 74 outside with 96% humidity. We got quite a bit of rain and there's still a 30% chance for more tonight.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012654.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-21-2014

Good morning all. Still places around here cleaning up after that last big storm. The news shows shots of cars washed up about six feet above the rest of the area, houses, trailers and other buildings washed away at odd angles. There is heavy machinery scraping away many inches of mud off of roads and one cactus nursery had about $1,000,000 worth of damage and losses. Lots of people aren't covered by insurance either.

RB:, that moon shot was nice, but it was rather obvious that the one of Saturn, with that all black background, was a stock one that can be found all over the Net. it's so perfect, It almost looks like it's drawn. Keep trying and you'll get a good one of your own yet.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-21-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s today.
They are still cleaning up here from a storm that came here and sat about 10 days ago.
300 million dollars estimated damage and 21 homes destroyed.
Today will be a busy day for me.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-21-2014

Good morning. It's 82° with 89% humidity. The high will be 95°, cloudy with a chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond30.jpg]

About noon today I'll be leaving for Oakdale. Gotta see my foot doc there so he can clean up the edges of the wound on the side of my foot and check on the site where the fourth toe was removed. Afterward he'll apply wet to dry dressings to them then I can make the long drive back home. Guess I'll find out if the a/c in the truck really works. Hope I don't run into any areas of heavy rain.

[Image: P1012644.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 08-21-2014

ezdays Wrote:That's it folks, the storm yesterday is the most exciting thing to happen here in a while. Things get pretty dull around here in the summer. Icon_lol

Send some over this way...We haven't seen a drop in several weeks...It's a tinder box here... Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-21-2014

Morning all. Hot and humid. Mainly babysitting oldest Daughter's animals will her and hubby are vacating until Sunday. Run back and forth to Rolesville. Only 8 miles one way so not so bad. Last time, was 40 miles one way. Will sleep there at night. Mayor's calendar mostly clear. Saturday night will be free family night movie at middle school football field.

Stay cool.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-21-2014

Morning all. Been puttering around this am not much going on. wanted to stop in and say Hi. EZ take care with all that flooding man.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - MichRR714 - 08-21-2014

Thought I would swing through and say hi to Jeffrey. Hope the visit to the foot doc goes well.

Hi to Chief as well. Your humidity has been creeping in...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-21-2014

Steamtrains Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:That's it folks, the storm yesterday is the most exciting thing to happen here in a while. Things get pretty dull around here in the summer. Icon_lol

Send some over this way...We haven't seen a drop in several weeks...It's a tinder box here... Sad
We've had our share of that, we had a early wildfire season, but things are looking better on that front. We'd like to send some your way, but it always seem to head up towards the Northeast from here. :o

RB: Good luck on your foot procedure, and also on your upcoming surgery.....

MichRR714 Wrote:Thought I would swing through and say hi to Jeffrey. Hope the visit to the foot doc goes well.

Hi to Chief as well. Your humidity has been creeping in...

Glad you dropped by, don't be such a stranger..... Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-21-2014

Got to Oakdale and back without incident. Got rained on half the time. Burned less than half a tank of gas. Filled up before I left. Nine gallons at $3.239 a gallon. $29.15 plus a Dr Pepper brings it to $30.94. Got back a little after five and laid back to rest a bit.

Good evening. Nice trip today but tiring. Found out the hard way that the drivers side windshield wiper has a broken locking tab. Looks like I'll have to lash the locking bar in place so it can't come off. Windshield washer tank is also busted. Probably froze last winter and ruptured. Any water added to the tank just flows out onto the ground. When I feel I have the strength and energy to do it I'll remove the washer tank and examine it. I may be able to repair it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012649.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-22-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 70 degrees.
Spent a good part of yesterday in Toledo Oh visiting my mothers elderly sister, she gets around very well for some one in her 97+ years.
Jeffrey so called friend joined the group with a chip on his shoulder, we don't need that. Nor was it necessary for Jeff to mentioned it here and elsewhere.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-22-2014

He's always had a chip on his shoulder. Nothing will change that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 08-22-2014

Good morning. The weather seems nice outside so I took the day off work to just relax and re-generate. All the negative and violent stuff in the news has me feeling really down. I think I will go out for a french toast breakfast, take a long bike ride, do some layout stuff, and a few things from my "to do" list. All things I have not done for a very long time.