The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-23-2014

Neglected to report yesterday that the trucks a/c does NOT work. No biggie. I've had plenty of vehicles with no a/c and even a few with no heat or radio. My van is the only one that I've had that lacks all three.

Wanted something different for lunch today so I went to Domino's and got a medium crisp thin crust Meatza pizza and a 20oz Dr Pepper. There's enough left for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. Stopped by the bank and activated my new Visa card.

I've been watching some old TV programs today. The Bionic Woman and a bunch of Star Trek Voyager episodes.

It was 98° in town today. Too warm for me. It's supposed to be clear tonight so I may be able to get in some star gazing if my knees and back are up to it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-23-2014

RB
when my boss had his g.b. out, the doc said he wouldn't give him a list of what not to eat and drink -- he'd be able to tell soon enough.
IIRC, what he couldn't eat sounds like your diet. Enjoy while you can.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-23-2014

Tonight was a good night for spotting the visible planets. It's clear. Locating the Big Dipper was easy then I tracked left to Arcturus (in the constellation Boötes). Now I went down and left and there was Spica (brightest star in the constellation Virgo). Mars is behind the sun at this time and can't be seen. It's a shame I don't have a camera mount. I can't get a good shot.

That's it for now. Time to call it a night.

[Image: P1191740.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1328.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6584.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-24-2014

Good Sunday morning to you all. Here we are just around 5:20AM and it's still dark outside. It seems like just a few days ago it was light out by now. The same at night, we're getting darker earlier and that means that the snowbirds will be flocking in any minute now. Well, not quite that soon since we still have temps in the triple-digits. I also noticed on the weather that there were many places in the country the past few days that were even hotter than here. St. Louis had like 106 which has to be miserable for those folks. We're use to it, they're not.

I hope your weekend is going well for you all... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-24-2014

Good Morning Blue
Don I would bet money that many local business' depend on those snow birds to pay the bills and stay open.
We have overcast skies with a forecast in the 80s for today.
Wife and I did some yard work yesterday that leaned toward the fall season. You know I am not happy about that.
Spent the evening on the porch and then TV and some chat time after dark.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-24-2014

Morning all.
Don and the other thing also about temps your basically a dry heat where here its a moist or humid heat which makes it even worst. still I could not live there due to the heat I do not handle heat that well any more.
Not a lot to do today think I will bake a cake today. Most likely Chocolate with Orange Icing. love Chocolate and orange
Not much else going on here today talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-24-2014

Home!!!! Came home to Wifey, her two sisters, nieces, great nieces and great nephew. OH, they had their dogs [don't know why they can't leave their dogs at home, we don't take ours to their houses]. What a mess and noise. Well, babysitting over. Now back to normal house stuff and Mayor stuff.

Did run trains for great nieces and great nephew.

Turned cooler here. Yesterday was suppose to be day of T'storms. Didn't happen.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-24-2014

Good evening. Temp: 84°, Humidity 78%. Nothing going on tonight but there were several things to do during the day. The a/c unit was making a racket this morning so I pulled out the filter and vacuumed it with my smallest Shop-Vac, a Shop-Vac Hang-Up. Getting the filter out was easy but putting it back in was a bit more difficult. Some of the stuff I was standing on, mostly old boxes, shifted and I twisted my right knee. I heard what sounded like a crack in there too. It could have also been from something I was standing on at the time. It hurt pretty bad at first but the pain quickly dulled to a mild throb. I can hardly feel it now. Another easily solved problem was modifying my Magicjack so it won't overheat. Warm is OK. Hot is not. I found a large aluminum heat sink amongst my computer junk. I cleaned it up then glued the Magicjack onto it. The unit doesn't get hot anymore. That's quite an improvement. Today my father wanted to know about tablets, how easy are they to use, where can they be used and when, etc, etc. I told him if he goes and buys one I'll show him how to use it. I'm no pro by any means but I know my way around most computers. As usual he tried his cheapskate routine and wanted to use mine when he decides to go traveling in his RV. I quickly nixed that. Many times stuff of mine that's borrowed like that tends to come back in disassociated condition. If he didn't buy it why should he respect it? He should know by now I don't share my toys with everyone. No. He's not going to use mine. He can get his own. The one I have has a price tag of a leg and two toes. He can get one for a much lower price. Most are under $150.

[Image: DSCN6769.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1279.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6561.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-25-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and expect a hi near 90 this afternoon.
A round robin of stores this morning and back home in time for a nap...Smile
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-25-2014

Good morning. It's 80° with 88% humidity. The high will be 95°. Cloudy with a fair chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

Looks like it'll be a rainy day. Next door neighbor worked late into the night gutting his master bath. Toilet, tub, lavatory, shelves, everything is gone. He's waiting on all new stuff to go in there. He says he's a fair hand at plumbing. He'll have to be. I hope he's a jack of all trades and good at them. He's playing with structure, plumbing, electrical. Being this is a rural area he doesn't have to get permits for all that. However he'd do well to have the work inspected.

Not much going on for me today. I'm waiting on the call from my Home Health nurse and I hope the medical supplies that were ordered last week have arrived.

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment to see my doc. Afterward my father and I will have lunch at Fox's pizza then go to Wal-Mart to look at tablets. He wants one and he isn't getting mine. At times it's my only link to the world.

[Image: DSCN6767.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1249.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1232.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-25-2014

Morning all. Sunny, cooler and less humidity. Went for a morning walk to pond and back. Waiting for FEDEX to deliver replacement cell [charging port on old one died Friday night]. Always have problems with FEDEX and their deliveries. UPS is great here. Sitting and waiting. "Out for delivery."

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-25-2014

Good morning all. Right around 80 with humidity and dew points high enough that it could rain anytime. The only thing missing are the rain clouds. Forecast calls for rain tonight through Wednesday morning. Just turned our plant dribblers off after getting a $129 water bill. We have a leak somewhere and with all this rain it's going to be hard to find. Besides, who needs dribblers when Mother Nature does the job for free? Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-25-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning all. Sunny, cooler and less humidity. Went for a morning walk to pond and back. Waiting for FEDEX to deliver replacement cell [charging port on old one died Friday night]. Always have problems with FEDEX and their deliveries. UPS is great here. Sitting and waiting. "Out for delivery."

Later
Chief here it's the opposite Fedex is normally here before 2 and UPS anywhere from 11 am on a super good day rare as hens teeth to after 9 P.M. I have even called like 9:15 P.M. to check on status and told it will be delivered before 9 P.M. local time I respond well it's 9:15 already oh did you mean before 9 P.M. tomorrow night. fedex normal time thou is like 10 - 11 am but I don't think I have ever gotten a delivery after 2 P.M.

RB hope your appointment goes well today with the doc.

Hey all not a lot going on today need to goto the store and thats about it hope all have a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-25-2014

Good morning(not quite noon here yet).

FedEx and UPS are mostly dependable here, the USPS is not consistent it depends on who the mail carrier is for the day can be any where from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm delivery time. With UPS the packages have to be received in Columbus and then sent to Obetz for delivery to a Columbus address 35 Icon_lol 35

Train news got ATLAS O club car the other day, a 62' flat with a pipe load and bulkhead ends, not counting passenger equipment it is the longest piece of rolling stock I have, it is a real beauty will post a pic later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-25-2014

rtraincollector Wrote:RB hope your appointment goes well today with the doc.
That's tomorrow morning. Thanks.