The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 08-25-2014

Morning all. Still with my push to get my layout "finished" sometime soon. Four major things comprise that agenda: 1) Finish the last bit of trackwork in the lower yard. That requires a dual-gauge turnout. 2) finish hotel 3) build smelter complex 4) Get whole layout wired with a walk-around throttle.

I'm happy to report I finished item #4 over the weekend. #2 is achievable soon. And #1 could be achievable soon if I decide to buy a commercial turnout rather than build one.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-25-2014

Here USPS and UPS are most dependable. FedEx is almost a bad joke.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-25-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 78 degrees outside my window this afternoon. We picked up almost 2" of rain overnight along with more hail. My Fair Lady said we had 4 separate storms, each providing some hail as an additional bonus prize. I just conducted a brief tour around the outside and apparently the siding has not suffered any damage.

We had a doctor's appointment at 9:15 this morning which is an hour and 15 minutes away. I woke up at 7:00 AM. Surprise! My Fair Lady was sleeping also. Needless to say there was a mad scramble to get out of the house on time. We did manage to get there on time. The appointment went well and my wife is suffering from no ill effects of the new chemo drug.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-25-2014

Got the dressings on my foot changed today and got a couple bags of laundry done. Other than that there's nothing going on. I was outside a little while ago and it feels like rain is coming. Confirmed it by checking the weather radar. There's a band of storms moving across the state east to west. It may be here in an hour or two. My right knee still aches from where I twisted it yesterday. Tomorrow morning I'll be at the docs office getting poked, prodded and checked out. Afterward my father and I will go next door to Fox's Pizza Den for lunch. I'll have my usual tiny taco pizza and he can get whatever he wants. From there we'll go to Wal-Mart and look at the tablets they have in the electronics dept. He'll get himself one then I'll show him how to use it. Knowing him as I do he'll probably get the smallest cheapest one he can find. I'm not a pro by any means but I know my way around most computers. Haven't had dinner yet but chimichangas sure sounds good.

No chance of seeing anything tonight. Way too cloudy and a 40% chance of thunderstorms. Nothing additional to report so I'll be calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1223.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1182.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6449.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-26-2014

Good morning folks. Dry as a bone outside right now, humidity and dew points are high and any moisture seems to be in the air, but the forecast rain never showed up here. The TV new will probably show massive flooding in other parts of the Valley, but not a drop here. I just got a notice from the Weather Channel that we are on a flood watch until mid afternoon.... we'll see how that turns out....

For those of you who might have missed it, Mikey (ngauger) pointed out that Packey, our esteemed webmaster has been drawing his "Flatt Bear" cartoon strip for a whole year now. He also pointed out that last Friday's strip shows that his characters are moving into an abandoned railroad depot, which should bring a lot of new twists to his strip. Anyway you can find the strip here: http://www.flattbear.com/ I think he'd appreciate your stopping by.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-26-2014

Beautiful morning which is sunny, cool and low humidity. Chores and then Mayor's stuff.

FEDEX screwed to pooch as usual. Lady attempted to deliver the cell to the PD. Had my name and address. Chief told her she was wrong so she put down refused package and person unknown. Well, she is in hot water now. She was made to turn around in her route and redeliver to me. Always with FEDEX.

Have a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-26-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:FEDEX screwed to pooch as usual. Lady attempted to deliver the cell to the PD. Had my name and address. Chief told her she was wrong so she put down refused package and person unknown. Well, she is in hot water now. She was made to turn around in her route and redeliver to me. Always with FEDEX.
Same kind of screw-ups we get here with FedEx. Delivery with bad comedy.

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. The high will be 92°. Cloudy with a small chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Got a doc appointment to go to this morning then lunch with my father at at Fox's Pizza Den. Then to Wal-Mart to advise him on which tablet he may want to get. Nothing hard today.

[Image: DSCN1176.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-26-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Beautiful morning which is sunny, cool and low humidity. Chores and then Mayor's stuff.

FEDEX screwed to pooch as usual. Lady attempted to deliver the cell to the PD. Had my name and address. Chief told her she was wrong so she put down refused package and person unknown. Well, she is in hot water now. She was made to turn around in her route and redeliver to me. Always with FEDEX.

Have a good day.
Fed ex delivered a package addressed to me to the business next door, even after I had contacted the local office to let them know I was not going to run down packages delivered elsewhere. When I called they said so and so signed for it. I asked the gal if the package was addressed to so and so. I asked for and received a refund from the vendor, including freight, and received it immediately.
I think the guy that signed for the package was a customer next door, maybe even the ups driver for all I know. Even after complaining they didn't try to retrieve the package.
Charlie

I don't get that many packages over time, but I do remember when it was OK 'ed for a UPS driver to leave a package at your door without anyone being home. I was waiting for something that was over a week late and for some reason glanced over at a large pot we had near the front door. Lo and behold, there was the package sitting in there for over a week. Curse I've seen video of packages thrown on a roof, and where someone was following the driver so they could walk away with packages left at the door.

BTW, I was right, there are power lines down just to the west of us in Buckeye, and heavy flooding to the north in Wickenburg, but nary a drop of rain in our area. Very strange how that happens, really bad wind and rain just a few miles from us and we were untouched. :?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-26-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and a forecast of 90 before the storms arrive and lower the temp for the rest of the week.
I got out late evening and cut the grass, weed whacking can wait for a more comfortable day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - MichRR714 - 08-26-2014

Raining good here. A blustery storm came through.

Glad the foot is doing good Jeffery. Chief hope you get your delivery soon!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-26-2014

My father and I went to look at tablets and laptops today. He couldn't get a good one cheap and couldn't find a cheap one that would do what he wanted easily so he did his best imitation of scrooge and didn't get anything. He thinks he'll be able to do all his bank business via cell phone while he's traveling. Has he got a shock coming. On my way home I took the truck to the Pro Oil Exchange and had the engine oil and filter changed out. Guy working underneath said the filter beat Methuselah by several years! I can believe it. The truck had sat up in my fathers yard for at least that long. They couldn't change out the transmission filter as they were too busy so I took it to Master Lube and had them do it. All told it cost me $160. Money well spent as I see it.

Nothing much going on this evening. Not much chance of doing any star gazing tonight. If you don't have have much to do maybe you can answer a few easy questions for me.

#1 A butcher working in a meat market stands five feet two inches and wears size thirteen shoes. What does he weigh?

#2 How many ridges are on the edge of a US dime?

#3 You're in a foot race. You just passed the runner who was in second place. What place are you in now?

Running Bear Wrote:Nothing much going on this evening. Not much chance of doing any star gazing tonight. If you don't have have much to do maybe you can answer a few easy questions for me.

#1 A butcher working in a meat market stands five feet two inches and wears size thirteen shoes. What does he weigh?

#2 How many ridges are on the edge of a US dime?

#3 You're in a foot race. You just passed the runner who was in second place. What place are you in now?

#1-meat
#2-none
#3 second place