The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-31-2014

Well I hooked up a TPC-300 to run the second level loop and something is wrong I have power to it and going out of it but not to the track so something I did is wrong and can hear the ZW buzz getting more intense when I try to turn the speed to increase so I think I have a short over there some where. So plan to get to the train table and see what is what down there, and might just give the second level its own transformer and base unit, and see if that cures the problem I have more than enough transformers to do that. That maybe the easiest way to solve that problem. I know about a year ago when I had it hooked up that way all was fine. First need to hook up my other ZW to this one and get them in phase. Then get another transformer for the second level think the LW will do fine. as only need one out put. and think it will fit under the second level fine along with the second base I have. I honestly think it might be something to do with the wiring some where but this will solve it for sure. (recheck the wires to the hook-up for the tracks make sure its not shorting there also.)

Hope all having a good Labor Day Weekend will stop in again later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-31-2014

August 24 2014 - - - August 24 1954, Noyac Bay, North shore of the South fork of Eastern Long Island, N.Y., I went for a swim.

In the eye of Cat. 3, Hurricane, "Carol" Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Icon_twisted 357 357 357
I guess that makes this day, the 60th anniversary of the beginning of my insanity Wink Icon_twisted Big Grin

"In late August 1954, Hurricane Carol would become the most powerful storm to strike Southern New England since the Great New England Hurricane of 1938." It was followed, in rapid succession, by Hurricanes, Dolly, and Edna.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-31-2014

Hey well problem fixed was actually two fold had one skinny strand of wire cross the other terminal and the 736 still didn't really want to run up there but the lighted search light worked fine this time so brought the 736 down to main loop removed the legacy engine and then put the 736 on the track worked fine down on main loop so going to take apart and clean and lube anyway its been a long time and it has been sitting for at least 2 years I would bet. So now all is working fine as I put my 2346 up on the second level and all is fine. So that set will be up there for a while. Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-31-2014

Had some quiet time to myself today. A large thunderstorm came through and knocked out the power for a couple of hours. Light died and was buried in darkness! So I used the time to do a bit of reading. Weather radar says there's more rain coming and that it'll start in about sixty-nine minutes.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-31-2014

We went on an historic walk downtown today - called Altar and Hearth, Lower.
When they found out I was interested in trains, I was asked a stumper. After the railway came through town, some people built expensive houses just facing the tracks. In fact one of them (probably more) are on a narrow street and the rails go through the other side of the street. (When you're in the train, you think you're doing street running!)

So why would someone build a house that close to the tracks? (at least, if they weren't a railfan)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-01-2014

WAKEUP all!!! Sunny, hot and humid. Going to Golden Corral for breakfast [special holiday one]. Have a safe and happy day. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-01-2014

Good morning all, and a happy and pleasant Labor Day for all who celebrate. One thing that used to be a tradition for some 30 years was the 24-hour MDA telethon. When Jerry Lewis got up in age, they cut it to 21 hours and even then, he took frequent breaks. But it went on that way up until a few years ago when he parted ways. It then dropped down to 8 hours, then four and last night it went on for two hours. I don't understand the logic there, but that's not for me to figure out, I can only assume that they know what they're doing and they make as much money in two hours as they used to in 21.

Chief, we went there yesterday for breakfast. Most have breakfast on the weekend, ours has it every day of the week. It is the only one in the area that does that, and I guess because of its location near all of the Sun Cities, that it pays them to do that. They charge about $1.25 less during the week, but the menu is still the same so we normally go there once in a while during the week. Yesterday we just didn't feel like fixing breakfast at home.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-01-2014

Good morning. It's 77° with 100% humidity. The high will be 91° with a fair chance of thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Only thing going on now is I'm waiting for my Home Health nurse to call. Other than I have no plans.

Had some bloating last night so any movement was uncomfortable. Just breathing hurt. I feel much better now.

[Image: Image5-1.jpg]

[Image: Image8.jpg]

[Image: Image9.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-01-2014

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 73, 80s later w/thunderstorms still in the forecast.
A family reunion yesterday(mothers side)but still home in time to relax for the evening.
Nothing big planned for today, I guess we will wing it.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-01-2014

An incident this morning brought to mind a discussion I was having on another forum weeks ago. It had to do with how I drive. Being that the lower half of my right leg is long gone I can't press down on the throttle pedal in the conventional manner. Instead I have to rotate my right hip forward so the foot of my prosthetic leg is pushed against the pedal. The person I was telling this this discussion with had nothing to say about it but someone else chimed in and said "that's so much BS and I don't believe it for a minute. Subject closed". That tells me this individual has little or no knowledge about prosthetic legs and had no desire to learn. Maybe he thought the ankle joint should allow the foot to be pushed down or something. Mine doesn't work that way.

Found out yesterday that olives are a no-no for me. Today I had pizza for lunch. Feel OK so far but the day is young. Found out the hard way this morning that sneezes are to be avoided if at all possible. Had a big sneeze while my nurse was changing my dressings. I've had worse pain but I can't remember when.

Good evening. temp: 78°, humidity: 93%. Chance of thunderstorms tonight is 50%.

Well I ate the pizza about six hours ago and it hasn't disagreed with me yet. I can take a deep breath with no problems. I have three doctors appointments in town starting Thursday.

9/4/14 10:30am Thursday, Guru Ghanta, followup on my recent surgery.
9/8/14 8:40am Monday, Doctor Traina, Wants to look at my foot and do a test to see what my blood circulation is like.
9/15/14 Tuesday 9:15am Allamar Hussein, general checkup.

Time to call it a night here. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: Image6-1.jpg]

[Image: Image11.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6803.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-02-2014

Wake up gang. The heat routine is on. Meetings from noon until late tonight. Wallbang Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-02-2014

Good morning everyone, back to work day for a lot of you, I wonder what it's like anymore to have to get up and head out into the going to work traffic. We do it occasionally, not because we have to though and there is a difference. I see people darting in and out of traffic, changing lanes every chance they get, just to get a few car lengths ahead, only to be stopped at the next stoplight along with all those cars that they put in jeopardy with their antics.

Temps the past few and the next few days will be above average, like today is suppose to get to 108, two degrees from the record of 110. Starting Saturday though, we've got a great chance of rain and temps in the low 90's. Still, I don't feel so bad after looking at the weather in a lot of other places with the tornadoes and flooding. It's always good to keep things in prospective when you are talking about the weather in your area. Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-02-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have lots of clouds and 70 degrees.
A nice weekend visiting family(s).
No plans for today, no train news.
S.J.