The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-09-2014

Good morning everyone from a wet Phoenix area. Yeah, we did get a record rain yesterday, in some places they got over 5" in just a few hours, the new record for Phoenix though is 3.29" in one day. To put it in prospective, that up until yesterday, we only had a bit over 2" for this year, now we've more than doubled it in just a few hours. Lots of flooding, cars were literally floating on the freeways, houses and other buildings were flooded with lots of water rescues. The TV stations dedicated most of the day with coverage and hundreds of pictures and on the scene reports. The one that sticks in my mind though was the one woman in a kayak paddling past a basketball hoop on a pole, the water was that deep. Here in the Surprise area, we got around 2.5-3" in those few hours. The desert is just not equipped to disperse the water that quickly. But, from what I understand, there are folks on the east coast and Midwest that aren't doing that much better.

My heart goes out to those whose houses and businesses were flooded and had no flood insurance. We were very lucky that our subdivision has adequate drainage, but I wonder what it would be like if we had twice the rain that we did, like folks in other areas.

The forecast for today, rain with "flood advisories", but by this weekend, we'll be back in the triple digits with our temps....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 09-09-2014

Your right not much rain hear in the south and the temp is nice mid 60s this morning hope all are well from yesterdays rain I saw the cars floating down the street. Ok time to do some work on the hip getting around good with the cane not much sleep last night but I'll be around if anyone wants to chew the fat, Thumbsup

Chris,

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-09-2014

Morning all. Rain finally stopped. Flash flood warnings east of us. We had over 2" but some [like I posted earlier] had 6 to 9 inches. Prayers for those who got flooded in AZ. CA too. Lunch meeting today. Too wet to go to lake house and mow. Trip to farms postponed till Friday. Hope water is down. later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-09-2014

Good evening. It's 82° with 82% humidity. Temp and humidity the same? Gee, how many times does that happen? Cloudy tonight with the low at 72°. No chance of rain.

Tomorrow morning I'll get my usual visit from a Home Health nurse then sometime in the afternoon I should get a call from the hospital telling me when I have to be there Thursday. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some laundry done as well. Looks like tomorrow's gonna be a busy day. I did get one thing accomplished today. Around this this time next week I should have two more locos. An Athearn GP7 and an Bachmann GP30. I bought the GP30 new several years ago. It's DCC if the decoder hasn't been removed.

Well that's all for today. See y'all tomorrow.

Ever wonder what sunlight shining through a Lexan window can do?
[Image: P1010201.jpg]

[Image: P1010188.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6437.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-10-2014

Good morning to everyone, here we are once again in the middle of the week. Hard to believe, but we're almost into October, Halloween is just around the corner.

We had more rain yesterday, some areas more than others. Streets and homes are still flooded, the worse is in the SE Valley. It rained so much in such a short time that many of our canals, washes and catch basins overflowed. Most neighborhoods have these basins since we don't have an adequate sewer system to handle a lot of water. A lot of these basins and washes have parks and running paths built in them since they only occasionally get water in them. This time a few got more than they could contain and the rest of the story made the national news. We aren't the only area hit by the remnants of hurricane Norbert, parts of California and Nevada had their share of flooding as well. One good thing was that the rain helped firefighters control the fire in Yosemite National Park.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-10-2014

Good morning. It's 76° with 95% humidity. The high will be 92° and cloudy.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Nothing going on this morning. Just waiting on the Home Health nurse to call.

[Image: P1010147.jpg]

[Image: P1010130.jpg]

[Image: P1010098.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-10-2014

Greetings, gang.

It's cloudy, windy, and damp here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 61 headed for a high of 56. Temps are supposed to be 15 degrees below normal for the next couple of days before starting to warm up on Saturday. We've been having off and on rain most of the week. We were predicted for 1-2 inches of rain last night but only got a quarter inch.

My Fair Lady had a chemo treatment yesterday. All went well. The doctor changed her anti-nausea medication and as a result she does not have the crippling headache of past chemo treatments. She is, however, experiencing a new pain. This time it's in her side. Fortunately the pain is not as bad as the headache was.

Not much else is happening around here. Older son made it home safely from Seoul. This coming Sunday the first Formula E race will be broadcast on the Fox Sports Network at noon Central time. The cars are all electric and the race is only about an hour long. Should be kind of interesting to watch.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-10-2014

No operation tomorrow! My doctor needs me to go see a cardiologist so he can clear me on that. That's tomorrow shot!

Just talked with my father. He, my step mother, sister, niece and her husband are all at a hospital near here waiting for my nieces child to be born. So far it's still a waiting game.

Well there has been a problem. My niece deliver the child naturally so they've taken her in for a C-section. Like mother like daughter it seems. Both my niece and nephew were delivered via C-section. More news as it comes in.

Well it's official. I have a new great nephew as of 6:52pm. Name: Lucas Myres, six pounds, fifteen ounces. Nineteen and three quarter inches. Mother and child are doing fine.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-10-2014

Congratulations to you and your family and 548 to Lucas.

Tom

It's a warm night here. 81° with 83% humidity. Overnight low of 72°. 20% chance of rain.

Been an eventful day here. I have a new great nephew to start working on. Gotta get him hooked on trains.

Tomorrow morning I'll be going to see a cardiologist about getting a stress test done. Last one wasn't much fun, don't see why this one will be any different.

time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010094.jpg]

[Image: kcs4568.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6377-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-11-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 46 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 50s. Our daughter in Rapid City picked up some snow overnight. By Saturday morning we're supposed to have frost. Not a good way to start Fall.

Not much to report today. I did some additional digging and found out the Formula E race will be carried live on Fox Sports 1 starting at 2;30 AM Central time on Saturday, Sept. 13th if you are interested.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 09-11-2014

Racine County Fairgrounds, Union Grove Wi. We're setting up this morning, will be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If you are in the area, stop by. I'm with the Lake County Society of Modular Engineers. The Seaport village and Museum modules will be there.