The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-17-2014

Where is DAZ?
Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-18-2014

Good morning all.

Chief Eagles Wrote:Where is DAZ?
Sleep tight.

Been busy getting the house ready for the photo guy to come and take pictures for the real estate listing. My train room has been cleaned up and painted where it needed it and by day's end, it will be turned into a bedroom. Been taking loads of stuff to the storage locker and a few to the city landfill. I check here a few times a day, and try to post when I can.

RB, that's some family you have there. 'nuff said on that, I guess we all have a few relatives that don't know how to act.

We had a very light rain yesterday, but some parts of the valley got over 2". They forecast heavy rain for last night and today, but so far the streets are dry.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-18-2014

Morning all. Sunny and cooler. Fall is here. Being lazy. May mow today. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-18-2014

Good morning. It's 74° with 99% humidity. The high will be 82°, cloudy with a high chance of showers and thunderstorms.

[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond70.jpg]

This morning I installed a Digitrax DH126 decoder in the GP30. Now I just have to close it up.

No other plans for today.

[Image: DSCN3543.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3534.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3372.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-18-2014

Well the van got it's first drive into town since being fixed. I went in, stopped at the bank to check my bank balance, went to Circle K and filled the tank then went and got a small pizza for lunch.

This mornings project. Decoder installed in Bachmann GP30.

[Image: DSCN6888_zpsb8046332.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-18-2014

4:30 EDT today. Test came back. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Good thing I was already on meds.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-18-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:4:30 EDT today. Test came back. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Good thing I was already on meds.

How'd ya get that? You're quite a few miles from the Rocky Mountains.... Icon_lol Icon_lol

Glad it's under control with meds though...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-19-2014

ezdays Wrote:
Chief Eagles Wrote:4:30 EDT today. Test came back. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Good thing I was already on meds.

How'd ya get that? You're quite a few miles from the Rocky Mountains.... Icon_lol Icon_lol

Glad it's under control with meds though...
Our Samoyed puppy had RMSF. We were in Pennsylvania. We almost lost her then, and I blame the high fever she had for her early sudden death at 3 years old.
RMSF is more prevalent in the east. The ticks from deer are the major carriers. Our vet claims any tick can be a carrier, no mater what type. It is nothing to mess with. It is way past time to cull these deer herds population back to where they were before they started being grain fed from farmers fields.

Chief, best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-19-2014

Morning. Thanks guys. Yes, NC is one of the leading states for RMSF. Resting up. Fall is here [love fall]. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-19-2014

Good morning everyone, the start of yet another busy weekend here. Still getting the house in shape to start showing it. Too many loads to the storage locker, too many to the city landfill, but it goes to show how much stuff you accumulate over time. We do have rain in the forecast for all this weekend though, so we may not be able to get more stuff into storage like we planned.

Charlie B Wrote:Our Samoyed puppy had RMSF. We were in Pennsylvania. We almost lost her then, and I blame the high fever she had for her early sudden death at 3 years old.
RMSF is more prevalent in the east. The ticks from deer are the major carriers. Our vet claims any tick can be a carrier, no mater what type. It is nothing to mess with. It is way past time to cull these deer herds population back to where they were before they started being grain fed from farmers fields.

Chief, best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
Charlie

Yeah, in this day and age, we have a lot of diseases and illnesses that used to remain local, now they're spread worldwide in the time it takes for an airplane to fly from one place to another.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-19-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 57 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today and tomorrow is supposed to be about 80. After that highs are predicted to be in the low 70s with lows in the upper 40s to low 50s. Very typical for this time of year.

Not much happening around here other than dealing with My Fair Lady's medical challenges. Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Chief - hope your recovery is speedy and complete.

RB - glad to hear the van is working better and you seem to be recovering well from your surgery.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-19-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Well the van got it's first drive into town since being fixed. I went in, stopped at the bank to check my bank balance, went to Circle K and filled the tank then went and got a small pizza for lunch.

nice to here the vans OK , and i'll bet the pizza was enjoyed Cheers

still gloomy weather over here - not cold though . Also have downloaded some photos to the wnd8 laptop , next is to try and post them on these pages !!!

Alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-19-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 47 degrees.
An evening out for granny's high school reunion.
There was a nice group but some that still live locally did not show.
Kinda sad it was only one evening out of 5 years.
No train news except the first known show of the season will be on the 27th.
Best wishes for all those that are ailing.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-19-2014

35 35 35 Yippee - thank you Running Bear for the encouragement on posting pictures Goldth
hope you enjoy something different .

more cobbles on Fishermans Square - the registered boat SH = Sea Houses ,
dambouys - for pot markers whilst at sea
crab/lobster pots & cobles (fishing boats) on Fishermans Square
tractor & coble on the promenade - the MH lettering is the port of registration , first and last letters of Middlesbrough .
Redcar sea front on a sea misty day , only one boat out the tractor & wheels await its return ...
the sea wall was finished last 2013 cost over 65 million £££'s ...

alan