The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 09-19-2014

Sea Fever
By John Masefield
I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking,

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The photos put me in mind of that poem, and reminded me of how far away from the sea I now live. Lake Michigan is just that......a lake. I do miss the SALT water, which is why I do this:    
    , and this:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-19-2014

Good morning. It's 80° with 75% humidity. The high will be 85, cloudy with a slight chance of rain.
with
Not much going on this morning. Got the dressing on my foot changed. Popped a stitch. Very bloody. The new dressing has been tight wrapped to help prevent another stitch pop. On my way to town now to pick up a small thin crust pizza for lunch. I should be able to snack on it all day.

[Image: DSCN6366.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6283.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3330.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-19-2014

Went to Wal-Mart today to replenish my supply of powered drink mixes. You've seen them. Pour one into a 20oz bottle of water, shake to mix, and instant drink. The carb flooded out on me several times on the way there and several more times on the way back. Told my nephew about it and he said he'd be right over to correct it. To me that means he'll be over very soon. That was several hours ago and I haven't seen him since. When I came out of Wal-Mart it wouldn't start. So I tried the little trick he told me about. Turned the key all the way forward and held it there while I pressed the start button. It backfired once through pipes Then started.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn of reports of gunfire at the Wal-Mart parking lot today. When that old van fired up today the cylinders were loaded up so when it popped off it sounded like eight gunshots right in a row.Kinda like a big 426 firing off.
Went tonight to look at another old van a 1996 Chevyvan20. Looks to be in fair shape. Bunco of water in gas tank. Told the guy to hook the fuel pump directly to the battery and let it do all the work and pump the water out. Put some gas in along with a couple big bottles of STP gas treatment and that would get rid of the water. Brake system needs work but that could be just a faulty booster. I haven't decided yet whether I want it or not. The guy wants $400 for it. Couldn't really tell in the dark but looks like it has a 305 engine. As my nephew says it's about time to retire the old RAM and start playing with something newer.

Good evening. Time for me to call it a night. It's 76° with 85% humidity. As I said earlier,went and looked at a '96 Chevyvan20. I never been a big Chevy fan. Used a lot of them for target practice in past years. And GM's current track record doesn't exactly instill me with confidence in their past products. What I see in this van is an opportunity to put my mark on it. From what I remember of the old 305 engine is that it doesn't have a whole lot of pulling power. Tranny's weren't exactly the best either. Far as I know this one has an automatic in it. For the money it looks like something I can have some fun with.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3323.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6415.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6355.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-20-2014

Good morning all. Hope your weekend is going well for you. Ours is a busy one. Today Packey (Pat) will be over with a truck to get things moved out to our storage locker and help us rearrange some furniture. We should be ready in a week or so for the photographer to take pictures and put the listing on MLS. My trainroom is now a bedroom with no signs that it was every anything else.

The forecast for today calls for a 20% chance of rain. Both the humidity and dew points are in the 50's, but no moisture in sight. Yesterday they were up in the 70's and there wasn't any then either, so maybe we can get our stuff moved without any interference from Mother Nature.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-20-2014

Good morning. It's 72° with 95% humidity. The high will be 88 and cloudy.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Today I may get out and get some photos of the Chevy van and see what the door post sticker has to say about engine size and such. Seems like as good a way to waste time as any. It'll give me a chance to study the body as well. I'm told it has no dents, damage or rust spots but my nephew has a tendency to exaggerate. In other news, my foot is hurting. The doc carved on and removed bone in the last surgery and the only pain I feel acutely is bone pain.

[Image: DSCN6892_zps26ab1bb4.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6375.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6331.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-20-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 66 this morning with some light rain. The skies will be clearing soon and the high is supposed to be about 80.

Not much happened around here yesterday, I did go to Walmart to pick up some needed supplies. Also took the used oil and some yard waste to the appropriate places for disposal. Final stop was to the Clerk of Court office to get excused from jury duty. I don't mind jury duty (I've done it twice before) but with my wife's current medical challenge it would be extremely difficult.

On tap for today is.... nothing. Tonight at 7 PM is college football and the tomorrow morning at 7 AM is Formula 1.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-20-2014

another horrible wet day , cricket on the telly though , County Durham v Warwickshire 1 day match , from Lords (London) , Durham is our neighbour county - be nice for northern team to win !
Good luck with the Van RB .

here's a picky of the latest addition to the roster , the N scale Backy McKinley Explorer set , I liked the first set , so got this years set chipped them and only set CV 2 to zero and both locos run in unison .
the McKinley train at the summit .

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-20-2014

Good afternoon all.

Feeling a lot better today and go back to work Sunday 2nd shift.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-20-2014

Afternoon. Another post disappeared. Posted this AM right after DAZ. [sent you that PM right after I posted]. Off to SIL's hubby's Bday party. A meal out will not hurt me I think. Be good to get out. Did go to the store for a while this AM. Got tired so came back home.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-20-2014

Went and got the photos of the van this afternoon. Four in all.

[Image: DSCN6895_zps3a3ff502.jpg][Image: DSCN6895_zps3a3ff502.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6899_zps3833670b.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6901_zps0b0a326d.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-20-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Afternoon. Another post disappeared. Posted this AM right after DAZ. [sent you that PM right after I posted]. Off to SIL's hubby's Bday party. A meal out will not hurt me I think. Be good to get out. Did go to the store for a while this AM. Got tired so came back home.

Have a good one.

Check to be sure it gets posted, or you get a message showing you another person posted something while you were putting yours together. I've lost posts that way too for not paying attention to that little "feature".... Wallbang

Again today the van flooded out! I got the doghouse unfastened then tried starting it again. It fired up so I drove back home. I'd already made up my mind. My nephew had his chance so tomorrow I'm tying the choke back Like I had it before. Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 09-20-2014

We have just returned from a one week short vacation on Gran Canaria (Canary Islands in the atlantic west of north african). I am afraid the Netherlands must be empty this time. The most used language in our hotel is dutch. Koos will be very alone in the office next week while all his coworkers lay in the sun :o