The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-01-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Did forty wheelchair push-ups today. Got a good workout. My father brought me my mail, two bottles of Tabasco pepper sauce, one bottle of Tabasco Chipotle sauce and a full pepper shaker.

No Knobs Creek? Crown Royal? HUMMM

Sleep tight.
Not allowed.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-02-2014

Morning. Chilly and a little breezy. Had Great Niece over last night. Her and Wifey are off to Sunday School and a special Church for GA's. Its grandparents day luncheon. Wifey is adopted Grandparent as her real ones are not available to be there. Seems I was not told this until last night. Then not told the complete plan. Sad Seems my part was to get up, cook breakfast and clean kitchen while they got ready. :?

See RB, is back and ready to go at it. Keep up the good rehab.

Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-02-2014

Good morning to you all, especially those of you in the "fall back" states. I hope you remembered to set you clocks back before you went to bed. We here in Arizona don't have that concern, as most folks know, we opted out of that a very long time ago. Our biggest concern here is that a whole lot of cable and satellite channels are now on at a different time. Our other concern, not a big one though, is that we are not on the same clock as California and Nevada. Those are two areas where some Arizonians go frequently.

Did go out target shooting yesterday. It was cloudy and we hit a few sprinkles going out. At one point we got about five or ten minutes of showers while we were out there and a bit more on the way back, but none past a few miles from where we were shooting. Today, we have a forecast of temps in the low 70's and a 20% chance of rain. Both the TV prognosticator and the Weather Channel agree on that, so, even though it's cloudy out, I see no chance of rain..... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-02-2014

Lunch was almost a disaster for me. A pineapple type dessert turned out to also have have banana slices in it. I'm allergic to bananas. The kitchen staff then offered cherry pie as a replacement. Can't have that either!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-02-2014

I apparently got a tiny amount of the banana treat and it made me quite sick. I got over it in time for dinner.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-02-2014

I blew the time changeover. I stopped the chiming clock for an hour. Then just before I turned the computer off, I looked at its clock and had the sudden urge to move the chiming clock an hour forward again. 35 35 35 Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang

Went to railway show in Kitchener today. Saw my friend Dave who had decided to bring just plates to sell (I think he cornered the market) but he had no sales. I came back with 3 packs of Kadee #7 and a double track spacing gauge.

I saw the price of Peco flextrack -- $6.50 to $6.95 a yard or $145 a box.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-03-2014

Good Monday morning to everyone. A crisp one for us here. Yesterday it didn't get out of the low 70's and right now my thermometer says that it's 50 outside. I see where a lot of places in the country had snow yesterday, and that included the Snow Bowl outside of Flagstaff. That's around 125 miles to the north of us and probably is the reason why it's so cool down this way. I'm not complaining after the months of having record heat, right up to a few days ago. Our A/C did come on for a while yesterday and I guess it was a good thing since we had someone looking at our house at the time. No offers yet, nor have we found anything that we want to make an offer on so we're still living in a house that we can't get comfortable in; we could get a call that an agent wants to show our house in about an hour. Just like what happened yesterday morning. That gives us little time to make sure nothing is out of place and we have all the lights put on. It's a dance that we've done so many times over the years, and the older you get, the harder it is to do... :o

Ya all have a great week now.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-03-2014

Morning. Fair and cold [not that cold, did drop below freezing for first time this fall]. Warming later today. Not going below freezing again until later [maybe next week]. Busy day. Some deliveries of HOT peppers I picked yesterday [bags full]. Stop at Harbor Freight for Wifey. County Commissioners this afternoon. Town Board tonight. Leave for hunting camp afterwards. Hunt tomorrow and then drive back. Veterans' Hero luncheon Wed. More Mayor's stuff Thursday and Friday to noon. Then hunt again. Rut is starting.

Enjoy the week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-03-2014

Hello Blue..... We have sun and 55 degrees
I walked the show yesterday but did not buy anything.
I did stay and help run the Modular layout I am a member of.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-03-2014

Something heard in this retirement home and mainly from me when the phone rings is 'Joe's crab shack, we got legs!'. It frequently gets a laugh.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-03-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Something heard in this retirement home and mainly from me when the phone rings is 'Joe's crab shack, we got legs!'. It frequently gets a laugh.
Have you tried "Parish Crematorium, chef speaking." ?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-04-2014

BR60103 Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Something heard in this retirement home and mainly from me when the phone rings is 'Joe's crab shack, we got legs!'. It frequently gets a laugh.
Have you tried "Parish Crematorium, chef speaking." ?
I thought about it but it doesn't sound as good.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-04-2014

Hello Blue
Rain expected, 55 degrees now
A lot done this morning.
Voted, might go back later and vote again...LOL
Saw my MD this morning, all blood work was good.
Escape is at the dealers for an oil change. Burger King for lunch.
Done for now.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-04-2014

Good afternoon all. Been a busy morning thanks to our HOA. For some reason, in their infinite wisdom, the think that everyone that wants to, can put together a yard sale in just a few days. Once again, they've signs all over the area yesterday announcing that we will have a community yard sale starting on Friday. Now, lets assume that someone was working and they find they have but four evenings to put their yard sale together. I complained to the HOA management company and they thought that I should attend the HOA meetings. I told them that I did once, and that would do me for a long time to come.

Anyway, I'm trying to get things organized since we have a bunch of stuff we want to get rid of in light of our downsizing.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-04-2014

Nurses here look great but I don't find them worth chasing. Physical therapy is going well. Yesterday I was doing their exercises while wearing thirty-five pounds of strap-on weights to negate my extra strength over the other participants. Even so I scored well above them. Their average weight lifted was ten pounds to my fifty plus the 35 for a total of 85 pounds. I'm doing better on the walking exercises than they are also. The average for them is thirty feet across the room. Not bad but they have both legs in most cases. My score to date is 65 feet on the walker. Not bad for a man with no legs. Mine is easily the sucess story of the entire class. While the others are trying to regain some of thn mobility they've lost my goal is to become fully independant again. My determination is rubbing off on some of the others as well. Some have changed their goal from achieving partial recovery to get back to doing for themselves again. All they needed was a role model to follow.