The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 11-27-2014

And a happy and safe Thanksgiving to BB's U.S. members. Ours was last month and I didn't realize that today was yours.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-27-2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BLUE

Ok now let's eat, I'm ready.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-27-2014

Happy Thanksgiving to all. To RB wherever you are.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-27-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning all. Sunny and very warm. Up and Down. Up and down. Wallbang Suppose to get into the 70's today.

Off to the hunting camp. Back tomorrow night. Wifey off all week and getting Thanksgiving going.

RB???? Who is the guy who pops in and usually reports on him? Maybe he knows.

Have a great week.

I think the guy who pops in goes by Dark wing on this forum.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-27-2014

Well turkey turned out good, stuffing not as good as in the past as the sage tends to kick start the old acid reflux Sad also had some broccoli casserole and mashed potatoes home made.

Had to go do some last minute run to the dollar store it McDonalds and Burgerking was just about the only places open this afternoon.

The turkey that teamsters gave me was an 18 lbs. honeysuckle. My union dues more than paid for it Confusedhock:

A little bit of flurries here and in the 30's for temp.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-28-2014

Morning. Big frost after all the rains left. Rather chilly. Going hunting later.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-28-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 23 this morning.
An early afternoon dinner yesterday with some burps and release of some gasses, I didn't feel too bad by bedtime.
It's just a memory now but it was good.
We watched the Lions beat da Bears and by 6pm the kids were gone.
S.J.

I am not accusing but what has been determined by some it appears RB and his friend are one and the same.
Could be he does not have internet access at this time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-28-2014

Good morning all, I hope those of you that celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday had a pleasant time. Ours was quiet, but we had our traditional dinner, just way scaled down from what it had been in past years with the whole family over. I think that as you get well into retirement, you deserve to kick back on holidays if that's your choice.

Today is "Black Friday" as most retailers would want you to expect. I guess some store chains opened early yesterday, while others waited until 6:00 PM before they sprung open their doors. We went out to breakfast early this morning and on the way home we passed a Walmart, Target, Best Buy, BB&B, Home Depot and even a Kohl's, and none of their parking lots were full. To be sure, a bit after 6 AM and we could have found some choice spots to park if we wanted to go shopping for those "early bird" specials.... uh, we didn't. Nope

sir james Wrote:...I am not accusing but what has been determined by some it appears RB and his friend are one and the same.
Could be he does not have internet access at this time.

I can see where you might think that, but they have two different ISP's which would make that hard to do without having an account with two different providers. Still, not out of the question now days, but rather unlikely...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 11-28-2014

Having never been a bird, never been "Early", and heavily "ballasted down" with all that great food !.......and having just recently marked my 71st birthday...... I think the local retailers can count on my not participating in any "Black Friday" sales.
That does not mean that I wouldn't "check out" a "Black Sunday" - - right now, it's just that I have a bit of "digesting" to do before I can move. :o Wink 357 357 357 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-28-2014

This is what I got from MR forum about Jeffery "Jeff is still in the rehab hospital where he does not have internet right now. He also has no room phone." so this is why we don't hear from him.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-29-2014

rtraincollector Wrote:This is what I got from MR forum about Jeffery "Jeff is still in the rehab hospital where he does not have internet right now. He also has no room phone." so this is why we don't hear from him.

Thank you for that feedback. We had feared the worse, but had hoped this was just the case, lack of access to the Net. I'm sure he isn't pleased having his lifeline to the world cut off like this.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-29-2014

will see if all this will copy from MR forum

jeffrey-wimberly
Had a visit from one of the reps at the Hanger clinic today. They're in the process of making not one but two prosthetic legs for me. Anew one for the left leg and a re-sized replacement for the right leg. I learned today that I will have a new TV to watch by Monday. Most of my time consists of boredom. It would be better if I had something to on. If anybody has a project to contribute you can send it to Jeffrey Wimberly, C\O Rosepine Retirement & Rehabilitation Center18364 Johnny B Hall Memorial Hwy, Rosepine, LA 70659

this is where Jeff is at I called there once but he does not have a phone in his room they let him call me back for a couple min
heres the # 337-463-8778

This was posted a couple of days earlier I was told about it when I asked about him last night.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-29-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 37
Jeff knowledge of computers would make it easy for him to use different IDs.
It's good to hear that's he's ok.
Sun this morning with normal temps in the 40s, we might soar to 50 tomorrow.
But that's it. Back to the 30s on Monday.
Ohio State/Michigan football game is on my menu for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-29-2014

RT thanks for the update on RB.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-29-2014

Well 2 days after turkey day and I am still stuffed. Was up late last night watching two new DVD's (Hobbit an unexpected journey and Hobbit the desolation of smog ) Also recently watched Wind talkers all good movies.

Plan to see Interstellar if I can get away from work and up keep on 2 homes( at least no more grass cutting for the year).

Train wise I just gave some old N scale stuff and some aprox. N scale hoppers that I had 3D printed to a good home today. My pile of old and some recent back issues of train magazines is growing again, I am scanning to USB drive any article that is useful or of interest to me then pass along the print magazines to someone who will enjoy them. I am trying to pare down on hobbies and narrow my focus train wise. I have been looking for a new Three rail HI rail modular group to join and found a website for Central Ohio Hi railers modular club and e-mailed them twice but no response as of yet. Also seen on O gauge railroader forum an old thread on the same but it is locked. The S gauge club I was a part of has a closed layout meaning there will be no new modules there for a boring layout if you are an operator. Part of the reason I want to join such a group is I want to run my K-line GG1 and its matching full length passenger set not able to due this on my layout Sad .