The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-09-2014

Good afternoon all,

Cold and dry here.

No major news here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-09-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Afternoon all. 41 and showers. Chilly. Back from long meeting in Raleigh.

Sir J, will try and get you a big snow storm.

Later
Chief, we come to a friends in Conover, which is close enough to you to come wash your mouth out with soap.... Icon_lol
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-09-2014

I managed a Train Shop visit today as my remaining supply of code 70 is all short lengths (where did it go?) and I need another 12 yards for just the turnback loop. I found that they were selling Rapido's Bendy Track for $5 a length so I bought 3 boxes of 5. When I opened it at home, i found it included 4 rail joiners per length! 2285_
All I need now is the courage to put dips in the ties under the RJs.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-10-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 27 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 30s with a warming trend through the remainder of the week. Highs for Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be in the low 50s.

Not much to report this morning. My Fair Lady and I went for chemo yesterday and got some nice news. Our doctor arranged for us to get treatment here in town rather than drive an hour and fifteen minutes each way to get treatments from him.

On tap for today is a visit from the physical therapist and possibly a visit from home health care.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-10-2014

Late morning. Been on phone and texting [at the same time] since 7:30. Mayor's stuff. Was suppose to do leaves after they dry a little. Now got meeting at 3.

Prayers for Fiat and Wifey.

SJ, haircut day for me. Wink

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-10-2014

Good Morning Blue
The usual clouds with 30 degrees
I beat the Chief out this morning, haircut and car washed, back home already.
No train news from the store, most of the favorite stuff is sold out before it ever reaches there.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-11-2014

WAKEUP BUMS!!!!!!! Cold and sunny. Caught up on Chicago PD and Stalker [DVRd]. Now chores and leaves.
Prayers for Fiat and Wifey.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-11-2014

I am not a bum, I am a hobo... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-11-2014

Good morning all. The west coast is bracing for the, "Pineapple Express" storm, and from the weather reports, we're destine for the tail end of it. The Weather Channel has downgraded our chances of rain on Friday from 100% to only 90%. Still, a good chance. Yesterday's forecast of 100% didn't leave much wiggle room for them, but regardless, the last time they forecast 100% chance of rain... they were right.... Thumbsup It kind of screws up our weekend though, we were going out target shooting, and heavy rains for Friday and Saturday just takes to fun out of it. Right now, I think we're a bit below our average of around 8" for the year, so maybe this will put us over the top.

Not much else going on, just trying to get back to normal after all that packing, storing, selling and dumping, followed by reversing all that... except for the dumping which the city refuses to allow us to go through the landfill to get that which we threw away Sad and all that we sold, some of which I now regret getting rid of. :cry:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 12-11-2014

Any news on R.B...??

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-12-2014

WAKEUP WAKEUP!!!!!! Wifely the Yorkie walked on me at 6 AM. Needed to go out. Good coffee. Fair and cold. Suppose to get into the 50's. A few errands and then leaves. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-12-2014

Good morning all. Less than two weeks to go for Christmas and less than three for a whole new year to begin. Just wondering how fast this new year will go by since we can't remember too much about this year other than I think we had to have skipped a few months somewhere, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten to December so quickly. :o

Just looking at the Weather Channel forecast and it says that today will be, "mostly sunny", but then again, they also say that there's a 90% chance of rain later today. :? It seems like they have all the bases covered, so regardless of how the weather turns out, their forecast will be correct. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-12-2014

Don you are right, the sad part, it was the summer months that got skipped.

Good Morning Blue
The usual cloudy morning with a temp of 32.
Everything at this house is running on course, no major events taking place till the weekend.
So I will just goof off today
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-12-2014

sir james Wrote:Don you are right, the sad part, it was the summer months that got skipped....
S.J.
Not here in Arizona. Nope I do remember those grueling 110+ days, they seem to never end. It was the nice comfy winter days that went by way too fast for us. It seems like one day we were celebrating New Year Day, and about a week later, it was the 4th of July celebration. :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-12-2014

Plug:
The Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington, Ont has a railway display in their main building (Hwy 6 and 403). Slightly whimsical large display in G gauge. This weekend some extra model railroaders will be there. Some of our club will gather about noon. And this is not that far from Bayview Junction.
The display continues until early January/
http://www.rbg.ca/holidaytraditions