The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-31-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and +3 after an overnight low of -6. High for today is supposed to be in the upper teens. There's supposed to be a gradual warming trend until Sunday when we go back in the deep freeze again.

Don, we were in a store yesterday that already had its valentine merchandise out. Nope

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-31-2014

Well, it finally started raining a few hours ago. On and off since then, and the temps are still in the mid-40's. When it's like this, you can be sure that it's snowing up in the northern part of the state. Last night, the TV gal said it could drop 12" of the stuff up in Flagstaff. I'd like to go up to Sedona for a day or so, but I really think this isn't the best time for that since they're looking at a few inches of the white stuff as well.

Tom: that doesn't surprise me, I'm sure our local Walmart has done likewise since as I remember, the Christmas decorations were one aisle down from the Halloween treats in early September. It won't be long before you can buy something for any holiday at any time, just go to the appropriate section of the store. Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-31-2014

Last day of the year: I managed to get the last bit of the continuous run in and ran a train around. Still a few glitches, but it all works.

I'll finish up the year listening to KUSC's new year's eve bash. They're playing the Hoffnung piano concerto (where the orchestra has prepared the Tschaikowsky but the pianist is doing the Grieg),

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-01-2015

Good morning to you all, and a Happy New Year to you and yours. I hope your New Years Eve was a nice one. Ours was as usual, and early dinner out and early to bed. And no, we weren't woke up at Midnight with someone firing off fireworks like we have in past years. Strange, but this is the first New Years Eve that it's been legal to do fireworks in our town. You could buy them here, you just couldn't use them here, but they changed that last year. So for the past few years we've had someone in our neighborhood shooting off fireworks, and now that they're legal, they stopped. I guess that now that the risk of getting caught is gone, it's no longer any fun....

We had rain here yesterday and they're saying that there was snow in Carefree and North Scottsdale. That's on the northern fringes of the valley, probably around 40 miles from downtown Phoenix. They even had snow in Wickenburg we we use to live, that's just about 35 miles north of where we are now. An it never got out of the 40's here, and I can see why.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 01-01-2015

Happy new year everyone Cheers It is a cool day here but thankfully we are snow-less which is very unusual for this time of year.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-01-2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR BLUE
We have a January temp of 21.
No snow here either.....YET
Stayed home, Stayed up till the ball dropped and went to bed.
Rose Bowl parade and Mich. State football this afternoon.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 01-01-2015

That I would swing by and wish a Happy New Year to all.

Mabel(the new waitress), Slide me a cup of that there coffee and one of them jelly donuts..

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-01-2015

Strange that it didn't snow in Canada and Michigan where you guys live, but there were flurries in parts of Phoenix according to Channel 5. :o They were showing it snowing outside their studio just a few miles north of downtown. It didn't stick, but it snowed nonetheless.... Apparently it did stick up in Wickenburg though, lots of people from our area flocked to there to frolic in the snow. Most winters they truck the stuff down here just for that. I still think we'll stay home, I've seen snow before... lots of times... Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 01-01-2015

Lot of snow in other provinces but PEI has had little to none although I may of opened my mouth too soon since we are getting light flurries right now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-01-2015

I'm about 40 miles North and West of Chicago. It's COLD, but no snow on the ground.......yet.
There's a small Bar and Grill, about 20' further than I care to walk, from my home.
Had a New Years Eve dinner and a few drinks there, with some good company. Missed the "Ball Drop", got home a minute or five too late.
So far, it looks like 2015 is off to a good start. Haven't heard any "Earth Shattering News" on the radio yet.
My January calendar ( a Mystic Seaport Classic Sailing ) Starts the year off with a pair of J Class sloops in the 1930 America's Cup race off Newport R.I. .
Once again, Christmas has been "put away". All the lights, and decorations, are now back in their boxes "till next December.

I put the "Tern" on hold, decided to work on the 52' cutter instead. The "Tern's hull" will be about 116', and I haven't calculated the "station offsets" needed to stretch the two-master's hull to that length.
Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Resolution made.....Resolution broken Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Big Grin
Now I can get on with "normal life" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hope 2015 is a Happy Year for all 2285_ 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-01-2015

Afternoon all. Being lazy. Hey, sun is out for a change. No rain. :o Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-01-2015

My weather radio just went off with a winter storm warning. Yesterday we had a bit of snow caught in the edges of the grass.
5 years ago we went to the Southwest US in December. We ran into our first snow in New Mexico and it continued through Arizona. We delayed a little bit in Albuquerque and Williams because of weather warnings through the hills.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-02-2015

Good morning all. Well, for a lot of you, the Christmas break is over and I guess today is just another workday. it's been a long time since I had to head out to work, but I would think that most employers would let you squeeze out just one more day off.

BR60103 Wrote:My weather radio just went off with a winter storm warning. Yesterday we had a bit of snow caught in the edges of the grass.
5 years ago we went to the Southwest US in December. We ran into our first snow in New Mexico and it continued through Arizona. We delayed a little bit in Albuquerque and Williams because of weather warnings through the hills.
Yeah, I-40 frequently shuts down because of snow, just like it did a few days ago. When it snows up there, it's usually cold down here, just like right now. We had some ice on a puddle in our back yard yesterday, and right now, it's freezing again. I think yesterday was a record for the lowest high of 46 for Jan 1. We stick it out like this because the forecast calls for temps up in the 70's starting next week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-02-2015

Morning. Cloudy and warm. Rain starts tomorrow and ends with Tstorms Sunday. Highs up to 70 Sunday. then fairing off and cold. Up and down.

Off to lake house for some check it out. Back tonight.

Have a good weekend coming up.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-02-2015

Good Morning Blue
Temp is 31 now.
Hi's in the teens forecast for next week though.
A quiet New Years day, of course I got my couch nap in but also Watched Michigan State and Ohio State win.
No train news this morning.
S.J.