The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 01-02-2015

Hey all you's hobos..!! Hope you had a good run of festivities and shared your good fortune with friends and families.
Now it's time to put the stuff away, and get back to work.. On the layout, of course... Goldth
I hope you have a fruitful new year... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-02-2015

Good evening all,

been under the weather last few days. Have to sleep in recliner as this cold I have has put me out of commission for 3 days.

Just a great way to start the new year. Have been reading a lot (OGR, CTT, MR and RMC magazines).

Hope to get some time and energy to start up on the back up of uncompleted projects.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-02-2015

AF, get well. Prayers. Sleep tight all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-03-2015

Good morning everyone. The holidays are winding down, for some they're already gone, for others, they may stretch them out through the weekend. We were going to take down the Christmas decorations yesterday, but it's cold outside and I think we both have a touch of something so we just kicked back for another day. It's still cold out, the Weather Channel says that it's 31 outside, my thermometer says 34, and Phoenix clocks in at 35. Our record low stands at 24 back in 1971, but for Phoenix, that shows as 23 back in 1950. Record highs show as in the 80's for both Phoenix and Surprise, but in vastly different years. The difference comes from the fact that they record the temps for Phoenix at the airport and for Surprise, somewhere about a mile or two north of us. Also, Phoenix has been around a lot longer than Surprise and so they have a lot longer time to keep records.

Enough about history and the weather. I am working on building the legs for my new layout, but have only been able to do it in short spurts of time. Maybe I can have them finished and mounted by the end of this weekend. I also have to build a new workbench since my old one went to the landfill along with my layout. Maybe this aborted house move is a blessing of sorts, I have a chance to correct all that I didn't like with the old trainroom and layout.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-03-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's cloudy and 23 degrees outside my window this morning with an expected high of around 30.This will be the last (comparatively) warm day for a while. A storm is supposed to move in tonight bringing snow and 30+ mph winds. Low tomorrow morning is predicted to be -3. It will be a good day to stay indoors.

All the Christmas decorations are put back in the attic. My Fair Lady has 16 eighteen gallon totes full of decorations. That doesn't count the tree, assorted wreaths or the outdoor decorations. She only used about 4 totes worth of stuff. It's time to get rid of some of the excess decorations. All that's left is to rearrange the living room. That will be one of today's projects.

Yesterday I made a trip to Menards to pick up some screen material to repair the screens on the front porch. All the screens will get new mesh and a fresh coat of paint. It should give me something to do over the next week while the weather outside is not conducive to outdoor activity.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-03-2015

Morning. Rainy and more after a afternoon lull. Town Clerk's 4 year old coming to run trains at 2. Went to lake house yesterday afternoon. Ended up replacing the controller for the furnace igniter. Glad I caught that before the super cold coming Thursday [high forecasted 30]. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-03-2015

Good Morning Blue
Weather here is a lite coating of snow on the walks.
Turning to rain later. Current temp is 33.
Just checking in. No train news and no football game that interest me today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 01-03-2015

Sunny & cold here today. No snow Goldth Going to work on rebuilding a tv stand and maybe a building kit.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-03-2015

Carolina Cougars win again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-04-2015

Very early morning all.

Cold starting to subside, feeling good enough to eat a little.

Was a very wet and somewhat warm day, suppose to be getting some colder weather and possibly snow.

Arm chair model railroading (reading magazines)

Joined the LCCA this year.

Hope all are having a good new year so far.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-04-2015

Greetings, gang.

It's a miserable day in the remote reaches of norther Iowa this morning. Right now it's 0 with an expected high of...1? Winds are out of the northwest at 15 mph gusting to 25. The wind chill is -20. The forecast for tomorrow is up to 10 inches of snow by Tuesday morning with 20-25 mph winds and a high of 6.

Not much happened yesterday. I rested a lot after taking all the Christmas decoration totes to the attic on Friday. Today I'll be shoveling the sidewalk. There's not enough to use the snow blower. Tomorrow morning we have chemo then hunker down and ride out the storm Monday afternoon and evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-04-2015

Good Mornin' from Northern Illinois Cheers There's about 1.5 - 2 inches of snow on the ground, and it's still snowing lightly.
Here, at least, it's the first "real" snow of the '14 -'15 Winter. We've only had the lightest of dustings 'til this one.
I started laying in the deck beams on the next "Boat" for the Seaport Village. It must be something about the "boat building", that keeps me from getting out the camera. :oops: "Note to self" Wink Get out the camera, and Icon_lol DOCUMENT this build. :mrgreen:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-04-2015

Good morning, we were watching the national news that included a brief weather report and I kind of liked the report. "Temperatures will be below average except in the southwest..... Yeah, after a week or so of what felt like sub-zero arctic temps, we return to normal today and by tomorrow, we should be well above normal. I'm good with that. Big Grin It should be nice enough for me to spend some time in the garage and get some work done on the legs for my new layout. A few years ago I would have had them cut, glued, painted and in place in just a couple of hours, but time and old age has taken its toll on getting things done in a timely manner. Big deal, I still haven't got a clue as to what the new layout is going to look like so there's no rush. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 01-04-2015

Flurries and freezing rain are today's conditions. I made yesterday's tv stand project worse so I ended up feeding it to the wood furnace today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 01-04-2015

We finally have some decent snow here in Michigan! I took the kids out sledding -- my son got a snowboard for Christmas and he has been dying to try it out. He did pretty well the first few times! Now it is on to lesson planning and then watching the Lions tear into Dallas like a a piece of meat (hopefully). Not much going on with the layout today -- too many other things to do..... Sad Stay warm everyone, and go LIONS!

Chuck