Multiple Problems Loading Forum - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Upper Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Multiple Problems Loading Forum (/showthread.php?tid=7674)

Pages: 1 2

Multiple Problems Loading Forum - MountainMan - 09-26-2015

For several weeks now, this forum either refuses to load or requires two to three attempts, interrupted each time by a "Connection Has Been Reset" message.

Is there a problem? :?:

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - ezdays - 09-26-2015

MountainMan Wrote:For several weeks now, this forum either refuses to load or requires two to three attempts, interrupted each time by a "Connection Has Been Reset" message.

Our only problem was that we were down for a few hours yesterday morning. Otherwise, no one that I know of is having time-out errors. Any problems with any other sites you visit? Sounds like it could be an ISP thing, don't know for sure, just a guess.....

Anyone else having this happen?????

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - Ralph - 09-27-2015

I've been getting this regularly for a few weeks. Thought it was my computer. I'm able to access the forum but have to hit a "re-try" button on the time out page.

Here is what often comes up:

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - Charlie B - 09-27-2015

I don't have problems with the site, but I have noticed that ATT is shutting down randomly for just a few seconds, long enough to stop a page from loading and to kick up their message about a problem. I have the router right in front of me so I see the activity lights go down. We lose phone for that brief instant too.
Charlie

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - ezdays - 09-27-2015

Just wondering if this wasn't an indication that we were going to crash soon, like we did on Friday. Let's see if these time-outs stop happening. Regardless, there are a few problems that we're having that Packey thinks are problems with our server and is trying to get in touch with GoDaddy to resolve these issues. Remember, he has a day job, does a comic strip three days a week, works with others on their Internet problems, plays in a band and has a very active family life as well, so he sometimes has to set priorities on things like this.

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - MountainMan - 09-27-2015

ezdays Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:For several weeks now, this forum either refuses to load or requires two to three attempts, interrupted each time by a "Connection Has Been Reset" message.

Our only problem was that we were down for a few hours yesterday morning. Otherwise, no one that I know of is having time-out errors. Any problems with any other sites you visit? Sounds like it could be an ISP thing, don't know for sure, just a guess.....

Anyone else having this happen?????

No...no problems anywhere else, which is why I asked.

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - Ralph - 09-27-2015

Right....same here. All other sites load up OK.

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - Sumpter250 - 09-27-2015

Charlie B Wrote:I don't have problems with the site, but I have noticed that ATT is shutting down randomly for just a few seconds, long enough to stop a page from loading and to kick up their message about a problem. I have the router right in front of me so I see the activity lights go down. We lose phone for that brief instant too.
Charlie
Where ATT is my internet provider, I see exactly the same thing, including the "Connection Has Been Reset" message.
I thought it might be the server, but now I suspect " A's T's and T's ", are to blame.

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - doctorwayne - 09-27-2015

I had been having the same issue, but thought that I perhaps wasn't shovelling enough coal into my steam-age computer to keep it running. The problem seems to have cleared up, and it's unlikely that AT&T had any connection to it up here in the Great White North.

Wayne

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - MountainMan - 09-29-2015

ezdays Wrote:Just wondering if this wasn't an indication that we were going to crash soon, like we did on Friday. Let's see if these time-outs stop happening. Regardless, there are a few problems that we're having that Packey thinks are problems with our server and is trying to get in touch with GoDaddy to resolve these issues. Remember, he has a day job, does a comic strip three days a week, works with others on their Internet problems, plays in a band and has a very active family life as well, so he sometimes has to set priorities on things like this.

As of right now, they are still on-going.

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - ezdays - 09-29-2015

MountainMan Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Just wondering if this wasn't an indication that we were going to crash soon, like we did on Friday. Let's see if these time-outs stop happening. Regardless, there are a few problems that we're having that Packey thinks are problems with our server and is trying to get in touch with GoDaddy to resolve these issues. Remember, he has a day job, does a comic strip three days a week, works with others on their Internet problems, plays in a band and has a very active family life as well, so he sometimes has to set priorities on things like this.

As of right now, they are still on-going.

Yeah, it seems to be.... hang in there please, we'll do what we can.

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - JaBear - 09-30-2015

Probably a totally useless observation, but the baked bean tins and piece of string are still providing a good connection to this neck of the woods.
Cheers, the Bear.

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - MountainMan - 09-30-2015

JaBear Wrote:Probably a totally useless observation, but the baked bean tins and piece of string are still providing a good connection to this neck of the woods.
Cheers, the Bear.

I'll go right down and get some! Thumbsup

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - MountainMan - 10-10-2015

Only three tries to get the forum to load today... 35

Re: Multiple Problems Loading Forum - e-paw - 10-10-2015

I have been having problems lately also. It was so bad the other day that I thought the Gauge was down.