Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Upper Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? (/showthread.php?tid=8168)

Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - BATMAN - 09-30-2016

I must be going senile! I saw a good deal on some stock cars and just about got through the order when I realized they were "N scale". I will go and check myself in now. Crazy
Has anyone ever ordered the wrong scale?????

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - faraway - 09-30-2016

Almost. It was very close :o

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - ezdays - 09-30-2016

Nope, but I did order N scale and they shipped HO. Yes, they just said keep it (order entry was correct, warehouse people pulled the wrong stuff) and they reshipped the order correctly.

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - Green_Elite_Cab - 09-30-2016

I've almost done it myself a few times. I look for very particular things, and when I find those rare pieces, its easy to get excited and miss the fine print!

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - BR60103 - 09-30-2016

I sometimes get very excited by a magazine review or announcement and then note by the couplings or something that it's not my size.

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - MountainMan - 10-01-2016

A lot of advertisements are confusing abut the scale being offered, as though the reader is supposed to somehow know without being told.

I contact the company and ask them, and I tell that I'm doing it because their ad wasn't clear.

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - Brakie - 10-02-2016

Almost bought a Atlas GP38 lettered for Rail America on e-Bay for $75.00-a good price seeing they're hard to find and luckily I notice it was N Scale and not HO. Wallbang

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - Russ Bellinis - 11-01-2016

I haven't, but had a call from Microscale when I ordered decals for ho and n scales. I had to explain that I was modeling piggy back trailers for Santa Fe and doing both 40 foot and 20 foot trailers. Microscale only made decals for 40 foot trailers, but the Santa Fe circle-cross sign and name in n scale 40 foot trailer set was pretty close to scale for a 20 foot trailer.

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - Tyson Rayles - 11-02-2016

BATMAN Wrote:I must be going senile! I saw a good deal on some stock cars and just about got through the order when I realized they were "N scale". I will go and check myself in now. Crazy
Has anyone ever ordered the wrong scale?????

N scale isn't the wrong scale! Icon_lol

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - mountaingoatgreg - 11-02-2016

I have almost done that a couple times when looking at eBay. The seller has it listed as HO scale and at first glance it may look like HO. Once you take a closer look or take a look at the box it is pretty easy to tell. If I am feeling nice I usually try and message the seller as some of them have no idea what they are selling.

When I worked for a hobby shop we had a guy come in that had ordered from Trainworld and was complaining about their service. He had ordered an HO scale diesel and they sent him an N scale steam engine and were refusing to take it back because the number he had ordered matched the n scale steam engine part number. I kind of felt bad for him but made sure to explain our return policy and that if he had ordered through us he would not of had this problem.

Re: Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale? - faraway - 11-02-2016

I did it almost two days ago. I looked for HO Maine Central caboose on US ebay and found a nice set of two. The description and the high price was unique. They had red end lights and internal illumination. The photos showed a lot of details. I wondered of the brand with that nice features, possible Rapido? ... scale was O and not HO :-(