Access delays getting to Big Blue - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Telegraph Office (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Forum Problems and Requests (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Access delays getting to Big Blue (/showthread.php?tid=8488)

Pages: 1 2

Access delays getting to Big Blue - ezdays - 08-11-2017

Have any of you been experiencing delays between the time you click on a link to Big Blue and when you actually get on the forum? I'm not talking a few seconds, but sometimes minutes. Packey and I have noticed that it can take minutes to get to Big Blue and sometime it results in a 500 error message and sometimes the delay is so long that we give up trying. Sometimes the access is normal, in any case, when on the forum, it appears that you can move around without delays.

We are concerned since it appears that it is a server issue and we have a few other sites on the same server that act about the same way.

Just let us know if you've seen this happen or not. It's been happening now for about a week for us.

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - Charlie B - 08-11-2017

Yes I have had the problem several times the last week. Sometimes I just wait a while and try again and it is OK, but there have been times I just try later rather than wait.
Charliew

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - faraway - 08-11-2017

Same intermittent problem here.

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - shortliner - 08-12-2017

Again, delays on access over the past week or so - I thought it may be my router - but obviously not! It is intermittent - for example, this morning I got straight in
Best
Jack

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - FiatFan - 08-12-2017

Having the same problem here in Rapid City. Did not have the problem when I was home. Got right on this morning but several times yesterday were hit and miss.

Tom

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - ezdays - 08-12-2017

Thank you all for your input. Sometimes I get right on like now, sometimes it sits for several minutes before opening a Big Blue page. Packey is working on it since it seems to affect his Flatt Bear cartoon site and my wife's Mama's Diamonds book site, all of which are on the same server.

We'll let you know when we get things working right again. so please don't give up. I've had to do the same thing, just come back in a while when it doesn't work right....... Wallbang

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - UP SD40-2 - 08-12-2017

Glad to see a fix is in the works, took me a lonnnngggg time, and many try's to get here today Sad

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - cn nutbar - 08-12-2017

Lately whenever I log onto BigBlue I get a notice "page cannot be displayed"---I close the file and log on right afterwards and get through on the second try.

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - ezdays - 08-12-2017

I'm hoping that Packey will find a fix soon. We talked last night and he'll be at our home tomorrow, so maybe we can work on this together if he hasn't fixed it by then.

When I have problems getting on, I check the other two sites and get the same results, agonizing waits for sure. :wait:

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - shortliner - 08-13-2017

Same problem as CN NUTBAR this morning

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - faraway - 08-13-2017

Just now, 11:30 CET

update 11:50 perfect access :-)

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - ezdays - 08-13-2017

faraway Wrote:Just now, 11:30 CET

update 11:50 perfect access :-)

Yup, that's the way it's been working. I just got on with no delay, but I might not be so lucky in a few hours... or maybe not.

Keep the faith everyone, we will fix this.

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - Tyson Rayles - 08-13-2017

No but then I connect at a zippy 22-28 megs.

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - FiatFan - 08-13-2017

Just had about a 30 second delay but once I got in everything within the site worked fine.

Tom

Re: Access delays getting to Big Blue - faraway - 08-13-2017

ezdays Wrote:..... I might not be so lucky in a few hours... or maybe not. .....

You summarized my 40 years experience in the computer industry in one sentence 357