A new loco again - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A new loco again (/showthread.php?tid=8614)

A new loco again - modelsof1900 - 01-30-2018

I could not leave it! The price was resonably and so I must have this nice model of a UP SA-C class "Bull Moose".

[Image: up_bullmoose_01kk.jpg]

[Image: up_bullmoose_03kk.jpg]

[Image: up_bullmoose_02kk.jpg]

The UP started a rebuilding project in 1937 where the 70 original MC class mallets were rebuilt to single articulateds. So I think that this model will be a well usable motive power for my 1930 (+) train. The original MC class mallet was imported as a brass model by Overland however my loco is a Sunset modell, built already in 1984 however with a good and stable detailing so that I can transport the model without a large danger of damages.
However before it must be digitazed yet and this will need a bit of time yet. Too many projects are laying on my worktable and should be finished as first.

Re: A new loco again - modelsof1900 - 02-13-2018

Today the new model on its first test run after I did a lot of small changes for a smooth run. Next step can follw, digitalizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNMbGjNE4BA

What you hear on the video is the sound of a decoder of course, but it's not mounted inside of model. The decoder is installed outside in moment and the model receives only the motor voltage through the rails.

Re: A new loco again - modelsof1900 - 02-15-2018

Hello guys,
sorry, i must say that there is not a need for me writing here on this forum. This post has had 118 visitors and not one replied?
Ok, maybe that this post is not very interesting however I love to receive some feedback, maybe also short comments only.
I think it's time to change my interests to facebook, there I receive a lot of replies, likes, questions and hints, many hints.
I must say that Big Blue was a good forum to me for a long time however, this was in the past, not longer today! I'm sorry that I must say that butit's the trueness.
Thanks to all which follow me on Facebook - and sorry to real friends which I found in this forum. I will write them personally in future.
Greetings and all the best to all,
Bernd S.

Re: A new loco again - Charlie B - 02-16-2018

I hate to see you go because I have enjoyed seeing your work. I have not commented here because I have found no need. I have posted thousands of pictures and I don't expect anyone to reply unless they have something constructive to say. Posting just to post is not what I am here for. Lots of people have enjoyed and commented on your threads. Most folks here don't comment on DCC because they don't use it. I don't post for self gratification, I post so others may benefit from my pictures. I am thrilled that so many people view my posts even without commenting. Just seeing a post from you in the forum index draws me to open the thread and I enjoy the pictures and your comments. If I have something beneficial to say I will post, if not I will just enjoy what you are doing.
Charlie

Re: A new loco again - cn nutbar - 02-16-2018

Charlie B Wrote:I hate to see you go because I have enjoyed seeing your work. I have not commented here because I have found no need. I have posted thousands of pictures and I don't expect anyone to reply unless they have something constructive to say. Posting just to post is not what I am here for. Lots of people have enjoyed and commented on your threads. Most folks here don't comment on DCC because they don't use it. I don't post for self gratification, I post so others may benefit from my pictures. I am thrilled that so many people view my posts even without commenting. Just seeing a post from you in the forum index draws me to open the thread and I enjoy the pictures and your comments. If I have something beneficial to say I will post, if not I will just enjoy what you are doing.
Charlie

Exactly Charlie,your comments reflect my own thoughts as well Thumbsup

Re: A new loco again - Tyson Rayles - 02-16-2018

I hope Bernd reconsiders. I hadn't posted to this thread because I have no interest in mainline motive power or steam or DCC. That said there have been other threads of Bernd's that I have posted to. We all have posted something that didn't get much of a response, no big deal. I have also posted something that I didn't think would be that interesting and gotten a good response. Stuff happens, don't worry about it and move on. It's not like no one bothered to check in. 100+ looks on a forum this size isn't bad.

Re: A new loco again - Brakie - 02-17-2018

I too hope Bernd reconsiders. My excuse is I some how overlooked this topic. :oops:

Now that 2-8-8-0 is one sharp looking engine.