The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-17-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 62 at the moment with the clouds moving out to be replaced by some sunshine and warmer temps this afternoon. 60% chance of rain overnight tonight.

Well, yesterday certainly didn't go as planned. Swam most of a half mile. Wasn't expecting to do the full half mile since it's been a while since I've been there. Was changing to do some resistance training. Put my socks on and couldn't straighten up. A pinched nerve in my back. Came home and took a muscle relaxer and two ibuprofen. After lunch I crashed on the couch for about an hour. Still painful but manageable this morning.

Only thing on the agenda for today is football for grreat-grandson at 10:30.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 08-17-2019

well made it to Norwood last night after 12 hrs.
 of driving , seems like there  a lack of deer  and elk this year but no lack coyotes .
don your right its chilly here high 50's  burrrrrrrr

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-17-2019

Morning.  Hot and humid.  Showers on the coast.  Wifey went to sun.  Not happening.

Got to mow as rained every afternoon this week.  That is good as was dry for a long while.  Crops happy.

DAZ, been in Phoenix during August several times.  Heck, low humidity.  Hot is hot.  Steering wheel burns the hands when you get back in your car.

Jim, stay cool.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-18-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 65 with a guesstimated high around 80. Got over 3/4 inch of much needed rain overnight. Looks like the clouds could move out later this morning.

Yesterday was a very quiet day. Went to great-grandson's football game. Did nothing else but watch movies. Still taking drugs and resting. May have to see about getting a massage (recommended by doctor). No plans for today other than continued resting.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-18-2019

Good morning all. Yeah Frank, most of us learn to drive the first few miles without really touching the steering wheel. Some might use their knees, others kinda steer with a different finger every few seconds. Lot's of folks, in Sun City especially, have these fuzzy covers on their steering wheels. Don't recommend any of these, but one does what one has to do at the moment... Icon_rolleyes

Speaking of heat, we're headed for a few records this week before temps drop off to reasonable.

Took the van to the car wash yesterday. When you get the "manager's special", they give you a small blotter with some smelly stuff soaked into it. Most often it's a pleasant smell, but yesterday's somehow smelled like a perfumed up old rotten sock. Had to get rid of it before it drove us out of the car... Crazy Crazy

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-18-2019

Off to Church.  Then down east to family reunion.  Good thing is, eastern NC bar-b-q and fried chicken.  Rest of the noise you can have.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-19-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 57 this morning with an expected high in the low 80s by afternoon.

Another very quiet day. Nothing planned for today other than more drugs. Slowly improving though.

I may need to wash my car by hand. Last weekend at the motel the sprinklers came on and left water spots on the hood of my car. If hand washing doesn't take care of it I'll try some vinegar on a rag.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-19-2019

And a good Monday morning to ya all. Time to get out there and rule the world. Well, if you had your fill of BBQ and fried chicken that would be an easy task. Ahh Frank, one day I'll be able to stop by and share those delights, two of my most favorite food groups. Worship

Temps have been reasonable, in the low 100's, but we're under an "excessive heat warning" once again with highs expected up to 115 (110 if you believe the MS weather app) over the next few days.

Making progress on my layout, should be able to spend some time there today, the rest of the week is a busy one, so I'll take advantage while I can.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 08-19-2019

well its cold here this morning 42 deg  Eek  wish I was home but we still got 4 more stops before we head home , might have to stop store and get some heaver clothes if it stays this cold.

tom a magic eraser will take off water spots with no harm to finish.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-19-2019

Cleaned Wifey's pond filter and added water.  Now cooking sausage biscuits.  County Commissioners and mayors' tonight.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-19-2019

Jim - thanks for the tip. It works on bugs on the grill. Didn't think about using it for water spots.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-20-2019

Morning.  Out the door to Dr.'s apt.  Wifey's birthday.  Taking the day off from Town stuff.  Shocked everyone.  Will miss an early Town Board meeting.  So what.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-20-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 68 at the moment. Rain just ended. Got a much needed inch of slow steady rain. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 80s. Then tomorrow the weather turns to more fall-like temperatures with highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. First check of the shed shows the floor is still dry. I'll check it again after it gets light enough.

Went for a short bike ride yesterday and adjusted the front shifter. Works much better now but still a minor glitch. No major plans for today. Gas price dropped 5¢ over the weekend. Down to $2.34.9.

Jim - the magic eraser did the trick. Thanks for the tip.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-20-2019

Good morning all.

Jim, you don't want to rush home, they're talking record heat today and tomorrow, still no rain until this weekend, so enjoy what you're in while you can.

Frank, Happy Birthday to your wife, a wise choice to stay home and take it easy, life's too short not to do that once in a while.

I had a few free hours yesterday, spent a bit of them on my layout, just sat back most of the rest.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-21-2019

Another early one for me.  Food Lion doing video and want me included to tell about its involvement in the Town and community.

Have a good one.