1 : 1 scale modeling - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Back Shop (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: The Big Blue Academy (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: 1 : 1 scale modeling (/showthread.php?tid=8940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - Steamtrains - 01-25-2015

Green with envy Curse
You guys get to play with some really BIG toys...

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - Charlie B - 01-25-2015

Steve, I know first hand what an effort it takes to do these jobs. I am impressed with the quality of work you folks do and I am very impressed that you have enough people to get the job done in a short period of time. I could never do another locomotive so I am really enjoying this thread. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - Mr Fixit - 01-25-2015

Steamtrains Wrote:Green with envy Curse
You guys get to play with some really BIG toys...

Looks like more Red with Rage at missing out, than green with envy. Icon_lol :mrgreen:
Still your not the only one.
Mark

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - e-paw - 01-26-2015

Thanks gents.. it seems like a Huge undertaking sometimes . We have a core of about 8 people who really know their stuff, Plus a large band of volunteers eager to lend a hand. On top of that we have several members of our group that are retired or active railroaders from all areas of the field that act as consultants, researchers, and go to Wise men. It is truly a group effort that I am glad to be a part of. In the few years that I have been a part of this I have learned a lot. All in all, it's just a good time.

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - e-paw - 03-14-2015

We moved the "B" inside and spent the day removing several bags of garbage and extra parts from the inside of the unit so that next Sunday restoration can continue.

While this was going on the strips that Tomustang and I punched out were welded in place on the FA. Once all of them are in we can replace all the side panels.

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - e-paw - 03-22-2015

Rewiring work has restarted on the "B" as we transcribe the wiring scheme from the old B&M drawings to the newer NS drawings, to accommodate the new main cabinet. You can see my notes scribbled down on top of a copy of the B&M table prints.

Interior painting has also started on the FA..

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - e-paw - 06-29-2015

Ok I was going to post an update here as a bunch of things are in the works but, I was some what disappointed to find that most of the pictures in this thread have been lost. Don't understand what happened, but it kind of took the wind out of my sails.

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - doctorwayne - 06-29-2015

There's some info on that HERE. :cry: Most of the photos posted here as attachments in the past 22 months have been lost.

Wayne

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - cnrglen - 06-29-2015

That's too bad I was enjoying the prototype adventures.

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - eightyeightfan1 - 07-18-2015

e-paw.
Maybe these will help furl your sails again.
Went to Steamtown Monday and JUST HAD to get pics of the units you worked on.

664 was the power for our short ride that day.

663 was in one of the bays. This shot was taken through the back of the roundhouse door.

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - e-paw - 08-19-2015

A few shot of the work being done to 663.

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - JaBear - 08-20-2015

e-paw Wrote:I was some what disappointed to find that most of the pictures in this thread have been lost. Don't understand what happened, but it kind of took the wind out of my sails.
Yeah it was disappointing,but I'm glad the winds back in your sails.
Thanks for sharing,
Cheers, the Bear.

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - e-paw - 08-28-2015

This is what I have to say about CP for the last minute cancelation of the excursions planned over the next two weeks.

[Image: 11915735_10153461804766877_8973018435808...e=567F09D7]

These trips were meant to co-inside with the National parks service and Nicholson's bridge 100 anniversary and our 40th.
Our group ( the ARHS ) has been working with the Fort Historical society, NS, CP, DLRR, the Nicholson Historical society, and Steamtown for the last year on a group of joint excursions featuring our ABA set of F-3's and NKP 567. At 10pm last Thursday night CP, requested a huge jump in insurance for each trip involving the NKP Berk and canceled all the trips, all of which were sold out. Although not officially stated, it is felt the timing of this was planned from the start. All the parties involved, ( except CP who wants nothing to do with this ) are now scrambling to come up with a plan B. With seven days left till the first scheduled trip, this is no easy task.

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - Charlie B - 08-28-2015

I am sorry Steve, that was a *&((^(thing to do. Shame on them. They should remember, paybacks are a *(&)^.
Charlie

Re: 1 : 1 scale modeling - Sumpter250 - 08-29-2015

One of the greatest movie lines ever written: ( from the prologue to first of the "Lord of The Rings" movies "The Fellowship of The Ring" , by Phillipa Boyens, Screenwriter )

" and nine rings were given to the race of men, who, above all things, desire power "

Psssst.....C N, power . .... does not last forever. Icon_twisted

And those who have tried to seize it in the past, have, mostly, been considered evil.

Give it some thought....... Wink