Who has changed their username? - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Upper Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Who has changed their username? (/showthread.php?tid=905)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Who has changed their username? - Sumpter250 - 03-09-2009

I have the same username on all the boards I visit. My avatar changes. On the Finescale board, I use a ship model photo...I started there because of the ships forum. On another I use the DesRon32 shield.        
Hey, I have enough trouble keeping my real name, and username separate, I'd have to have a roadmap if I added another "name". :mrgreen:

Re: Who has changed their username? - Russ Bellinis - 03-09-2009

I try to use the same user name and password on all of the boards I visit. It is much easier to log in that way.

Re: Who has changed their username? - Will_Annand - 03-09-2009

ezdays Wrote:
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Same username.
Had to change my real name because of an incident, Wallbang back in the '80's. Icon_lol
You changed your real name to eightyeightfan1? Wow, that ranks right up there with Madonna, Cher and Prince. Icon_lol Icon_lol Are you sure you can't sing? Oh well, it doesn't matter, neither can they. Nope Nope

He is like Prince, now the modeller formerly known as 88fan. Icon_lol

Re: Who has changed their username? - BR60103 - 03-09-2009

I made a slght alteration to mine and it's now in line with most of the other forms. The really old gauge was one of the first I was on and I needed a name in a hurry.

Re: Who has changed their username? - tetters - 03-10-2009

I had several ideas for a name change...however, none of them were very appropriate and some involved the use of some colourful metaphors. Confusedhock:

Big Grin

Re: Who has changed their username? - LiveSteamer - 03-10-2009

I started out on the gauge as LiveSteamer then had it changed to Chessie6459. Since I left zealot I went back to LiveSteamer as most members know me by that. I go by SD80MAC over at AMR Forums. I use my Chessie6459 on my forum. The chessie name I used to use was because my dad rode Chessie System GP9 #6459 for the longest time.

Re: Who has changed their username? - FiatFan - 03-10-2009

Mine's still the same on all the boards I frequent (and some not so frequent). Looking back, I may have picked a better name.

Tom

Re: Who has changed their username? - nkp_174 - 03-16-2009

I accidentally changed my name from nkp174 to nkp_174. Elsewhere, I'll go by dsp&p_fan since it is generally more appropriate for my modeling...and I got involved on the gauge first.

Michael

Re: Who has changed their username? - MadHatter - 03-26-2009

Mines the same :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mad as ever!

Re: Who has changed their username? - RobertInOntario - 03-26-2009

I wish I could change mine but I still wanted folks to recognize me from the "other" forum.

When I first selected mine a few years ago, "RobertInOntario" was all I could think of at the time and I was in a hurry to sign up!

Rob

Re: Who has changed their username? - ezdays - 03-26-2009

RobertInOntario Wrote:I wish I could change mine but I still wanted folks to recognize me from the "other" forum.

When I first selected mine a few years ago, "RobertInOntario" was all I could think of at the time and I was in a hurry to sign up!

Rob
Well Rob, you could always do like some overly famous stars and call yourself, "XXX formerly known as RobertinOntario"

Re: Who has changed their username? - Herc Driver - 03-26-2009

Mine's the same 'cuz I'm not creative enough to think up another one. I might change my avatar from time to time...oh wait...I changed to an iMac and I don't know how to resize and reduce file sizes of pictures yet. Any iMac users out there in trainland want to give me a few pointers on how to get pictures ready for the web for posting?

Re: Who has changed their username? - Trucklover - 03-26-2009

Herc Driver Wrote:Mine's the same 'cuz I'm not creative enough to think up another one.

Same here LOL, except, mines hardly anything creative LOL Misngth

Herc Driver Wrote:I might change my avatar from time to time...oh wait...I changed to an iMac and I don't know how to resize and reduce file sizes of pictures yet. Any iMac users out there in trainland want to give me a few pointers on how to get pictures ready for the web for posting?

Im on a MAC, but i like to upload everything to photobucket, this way i can re-size a whole group of pictures at the same time doing it and selecting the option of 640-480 pixels

If you have a pic you want for your avatar, upload it at 100x100 pixels..... Misngth

Re: Who has changed their username? - Steamtrains - 03-26-2009

Josh....How is that re-sizing done in Photobucket..?? That sounds a LOT better than doing it 1x1...
Thanks for any info you might have on this....

Re: Who has changed their username? - Herc Driver - 03-26-2009

Oh...that's how that's done. I've been on a PC since Fortran, Basic and Cobal...going to a Mac has been a learning curve for sure, but pretty easy to get up and running quickly. It's the finer things - like resizing pictures to post - that shows how little I really know about the apps on the computer.