How's Larry/ Brakie? - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: How's Larry/ Brakie? (/showthread.php?tid=9228)

Pages: 1 2

How's Larry/ Brakie? - JaBear - 11-28-2020

It was mentioned a while back on the other forum who allows me to participate, that we haven't seen Larry / Brakie since late September. I was wondering as he's a moderator here, if anyone knows if he's OK?
Cheers, the Bear.

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - ezdays - 11-28-2020

I'll check on him. Normally, when we don't see someone for a while we will follow up. The last we heard is that he moved in with his daughter and was starting another layout in the basement. But he normally stops by to see what's going on, so not being here for two months is cause for concern.

Yeah, Larry is a moderator as well as a friend, we've got a number of moderators that have not stopped by in a long time. We've been in touch with some and they all have different reasons. Things are slow enough and we really have never had a lot of things to moderate, so we keep them on the list in hopes that someday things will change and they will return.

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - ezdays - 11-28-2020

I did send Larry and email. Not sure if we have his current email address, but if anyone does hear from him, please let us know.

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - doctorwayne - 11-28-2020

(11-28-2020, 12:49 PM)ezdays Wrote: I did send Larry and email. Not sure if we have his current email address, but if anyone does hear from him, please let us know.

I sent him an e-mail, too...will let you know if I get a response.

Wayne

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - JaBear - 11-28-2020

Thankyou Don and Wayne.
Cheers, the Bear

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - Tyson Rayles - 11-29-2020

Hope he is doing well.

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - ngauger - 12-03-2020

Wow, hope he's ok.... It's been almost a week.

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - doctorwayne - 12-03-2020

I am very saddened to report that Brakie has taken the last train to what I hope will be a better place.

Obituary of Larry Morgan aka "Brakie"

Wayne

When Larry's absence was first mentioned, I had a bad feeling that it might end-up the way that it did.  I had been trying to remember Larry's last name, expressly to search for an obituary, and am embarrassed to say that it was in his e-mail address information, a fact that I had overlooked.

Larry's grammar sometimes niggled me a bit, but I always enjoyed hearing his take on things related both to model railroading and to the real thing.

Wayne

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - ezdays - 12-03-2020

Thank you for following up like this Wayne. That was my fear as well, just that I didn't think to do a search like you did. As I remember, he suffered a stroke several years ago and lost the use of one hand. He still kept going. It wasn't that long ago that he passed.

Condolences to his family and the many friends he made on this and other forums. If anyone is active on other train forums, please pass this on.

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - tompm - 12-03-2020

This is truly sad. Larry was a great mentor when I was first starting out on the forums and with serious modeling. My last interaction with him was a couple of months ago when he commented on a photo I posted on Facebook. We commented back and forth and he said he had been sick and moved in with his daughter I think and was trying to get back into modeling.

My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

(12-03-2020, 12:53 PM)ezdays Wrote: ...If anyone is active on other train forums, please pass this on.

I also posted this on the Model Railroader Forum, in their General Discussion area, and there's been a fairly generous response.

Wayne

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - cn nutbar - 12-03-2020

I'm saddened to hear about Larry's passing,my sincere condolences to his family.Thanks Doctor Wayne for letting us know---the year 2020 has certainly had more that it's share of sad events.

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - tompm - 12-03-2020

I posted over at Railroad Line Forums.

It was on Railroad Line Forums where I first met Larry.

RE: How's Larry/ Brakie? - JaBear - 12-04-2020

You know, it’s a silly thought but in someways I feel that by asking the question, I precipitated the event. Still as an optimist I hope for the best, unfortunately it was not to be in this case.

My condolences to Brakies family and friends.

Many thanks to Wayne and Don for your efforts.

Kindest regards, Craig the Bear.