The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-03-2021

55 and cloudy.  Had 1 1/2" rain over night.  TV Church this AM.  Now start on projects.  Helping Wifey store her Christmas over the "Little House"  [name she has given to my old shop and now storage attached to the garage].  Then Train Box again.  Did get 120V circuit installed across the main isle to power Pepsi Plant and Lynchburg N&W train station.  Circuit is to the main breaker in panel box under layout.  Flip this breaker on, powers the whole layout.  Throw it off and all power to the layout is off.  Don't have to walk around and turn things off.  Got red bulb over the door that is on same circuit.  Walking out and red light is off, all of layout is off.  Now will extend that circuit all the way to the other end of the layout.  Light more buildings.

Converting a lot of my lighting overhead to LED. 

Have a great and safe week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-03-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is a cold and dreary 38. Not raining at the moment but according to the radar it will soon. Glad it is warm enough to be rain and not freezing rain as predicated earlier.

Did not do much yesterday except a few small chores around the house. I think the weather and time of year has got everyone in the doldrums. I did finish photographing the last of the passenger cars. Now all that is left is the stuff on the workbench and as I finish them, I will photograph them. Now I move on to the locomotives. I have photographed a little over three quarters of them.

Charlie, I think once the wife sees them, I will be ordering more. She has always wanted under the cabinet lighting in the kitchen.

I just finished placing the online pet supply order. I had to split it between PetSmart and Amazon. The PetSmart order is in King of Prussia since I have to also get prescription dog food. Only the PetSmart with a vet office in them sell the prescription food. King of Prussia is a half an hour away versus our normal trip of 10 minutes to the one in Springfield. Springfield did not have the Guinea pig food so I had to switch to another store. Will head out once they say it is ready. The wife ordered something from Kohl’s and hopefully we can do curbside pickup when we head out to PetSmart.

Still want to weather those Athearn LNE hoppers. One of my Ebay orders showed up today. It is a three pack of New York Ontario & Western hoppers made by Bev-Bel for Train Miniature. It was sent December 8th. Box says it is from 1980. I now have three packages in Phiily, one in Rochester, NY, and one in Jacksonville, FL. There two more that were just shipped this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-03-2021

Charlie
Thanks for the link,but at $70 Cdn I don't think I'll be getting any.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-04-2021

Good morning all, the first day of the first workweek of the new year. Sorry, but for us retirees, we won't notice much difference. Nope

It's suppose to warm up a bit starting today, not a lot, but maybe into the 70's. Still looking for some decent rain in the forecast, not enough there to get excited about. February is sometimes a big month for that here, but not last year. Our average is around 9" for the year, from what I find, last year was under 4". I'm sure I can find different numbers, but these came from the county.

Still trying to move my data from my old phone to my new one. Got all the apps downloaded for moving data, new finds old, but old can't find new. It'll be quicker to just manually reenter my contact list and download the missing apps. Just because something is new, doesn't make it easier or better. That's my philosophical outlook for today. Goldth

And Charlie, great buy on those lamps, I wish I knew that a few months ago when I bought some at Walmart for my garage/workshop. I wish I could use them for my layout lighting, but I can't where it is now.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-04-2021

Good morning friends

Don, the credit for finding the buy on those lights goes to member "Ratled" He posted the link and I just had to rate them. There are 6 of them in a box and even in Canada at $70 Canadian that's only 11+ bucks and they include enough wiring and switches to wire each one separately.

31 headed for 35 with a chance of snow showers. I am hoping for a calm day so I can burn some old wood.  We are allowed to have a fire to roast hot dogs so I keep a pack handy as per the fire chiefs instructions. The area is wet so little chance of it getting out of control.

I donated 4 boxes of Lionel post war trains to my son that collects them. I just don't have the room to store them and he will run them and keep them in repair.  He has a huge collection and no woman to tell him what to do so he buys trains.  He lives with his 2 dogs and a train layout. 

I hope everyone is doing well. Maybe we can have another chat this week some time. I would like to try skype with a group.  I have tried it with one other and it worked great 

Best to all
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-04-2021

Greetings, gang.

More fog in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Supposed to clear off this afternoon. 30 right now headed for 37.

Fun weekend. Grandson won one and lost one. Much laughter/tears with my daughter and her family. Traffic was surprisingly light coming home yesterday. This morning I'll head to the gym and this afternoon I need to make a bracket to repair a broken one on my snow blower. Should be an easy fix. Tomorrow I'll head to eastern Iowa to start cleaning out my son's apartment.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Schraddel - 01-04-2021

Good afternoon friends (here actual it is 1400),

i wish you a good and healthy 2021.

Here it is dark cloudy, 4°C and it looks like it will start raining every minute.
Severe lock down too and the politicans talking about to extend the lock down it till 31st January Icon_cry
In some Landkreisen (the German equivalent of counties) the also is a dusk-to-dawn curfew.

Lutz

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-04-2021

Home from driving Miss Daisy.  Getting about as bad as driving Emma [my Mom after she got older].  Never can do anything right.  Over reacts to everything. Rolleyes  Patience Frank. Wink  Thing is, I asked, "You want me to go with you."  "Are you driving?"  [her car was out] "No, you are driving the Cadillac."   Icon_rolleyes
47 and the sun is out.  :yippee:  Train box after handing up Christmas decor in the storage area. [I lit yesterday].

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-04-2021

Apologies. I didn't notice there were 6 in a pack. I still don't like to deal with the house of the strong ladies.

Put away Xmas decor today. All fitted under the stairs, but I managed to bump my head, loud enough that somebody else noticed. I put on my hat with the bubble wrap after that. Then SWMBO decided to get into the act and bumped her head with the hat on -- complained that she couldn't see because of the visor.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-05-2021

Good morning all, not even 5:00 here yet, got up just a bit earlier than I would have liked. Absolutely a gorgeous day yesterday, the forecast was for high 60's, I think it hit the mid-70's. Our air quality is poor, they're blaming the lack of rain cleaning things up. I really hope that changes soon.

Still fooling around with my cell phone, I downloaded the Alexa app, need to sign in with Google to run it (why??), have to switch screens to get to verify the text Google sends, then by the time I get back to the Alexa screen, I have to log in again and start the process over, endless loop.... Phooey!!! I didn't have to do that with my old phone.

Quote:Put away Xmas decor today. All fitted under the stairs, but I managed to bump my head, loud enough that somebody else noticed. I put on my hat with the bubble wrap after that. Then SWMBO decided to get into the act and bumped her head with the hat on -- complained that she couldn't see because of the visor.

Uh, maybe if you had some LED lights, she would see a lot better. Waiting Just saying. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-05-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 16 at the moment headed fro cloudy and 32. 20% chance f snow tonight.

Routine day yesterday. Gym in the morning and I got the snow blower fixed yesterday afternoon. Also spent time on the phone dealing with estate issues. This morning I'll be heading back to eastern Iowa. I want to do some reconnaissance so I can plan what to do next. Lots of discussions among family members but definite plans/solutions yet.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-05-2021

Good morning.  42 and suddenly cloudy.  Guessers now say a chance of a shower. [again]

Go to Lowes to get more outlets.  Got a full box of switches [should be enough for years] that I thought were outlets.  Picky up deer corn for Wifey.

One more outlet and then tie all into panel.  Thought I would be really sore this AM as crawling in isles and under layout in positions I haven't been in for some time.  Really doing OK.  Lucky, layout is at the height I can sit up and not bump head.  

Hope all have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-05-2021

Good morning folks

It is a chilly 39 going up to 41. Since the New Year I think we have seen the sun for a couple of hours. So far 2021 has been dark and dreary. The last couple of days it has been dark by 5 PM due to the cloud cover.

Did some running yesterday to the grocery store and to get a birthday gift for my wife. Her birthday is today. Nothing spectacular planned. I have to go and pick up her cake. She wanted a black forest cake. I also need to stop at Rite Aid and pick up a few things while I am out. Trying to decide what the wife wants for her birthday dinner. Whatever it is it will be take out. She is not comfortable going out and eating with all the spikes in cases around here.

I sealed some Atlas Trainman 100-ton hoppers to get them ready for weathering. I need seal the Athearn LNE hoppers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-06-2021

Good morning all, lots of beautiful weather, the kind that usually attracts snowbirds, but this year is a bit different, more stayed home so it's not as crowded in stores and on the roads. No huge RV's towing a mini-car or a boat driving half the speed limit, then going over three lanes at the last second to make their turn. Don't know what's going to happen this year with spring training, that usually draws a bunch of folks, but I'm betting not this year.

Not much else going on, going target shooting on Monday, need to get a new part put in one of my guns, really surprised that they had it in stock, couldn't find one anywhere until I contacted the manufacture/importer, got the part right before Christmas. BTW, I read an article yesterday that in 2020, 21,000,000 gun checks were made, and 23,000,000 guns were sold. Obviously, some folks bought more than one gun, and assuming that maybe half were already gun owners, that's still a lot of new gun owners and a lot of bullets, more than what that CEO said in that YouTube clip. I got an email yesterday from a gun store selling 9MM for up to $90 a box of 50, used to be $10-20 a year ago. We picked some up the other day for $22 a box, not the same stuff, but we're just shooting targets, no self defense, no battling the enemy and if we were, the cheaper stuff will hurt them just as bad.

Have a great day, and stay safe out there. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-06-2021

39 and fair.  Off to werk.  Haven't worked since before Christmas.  2020 tax year ending.  Got two hearings this month and that is it.

Have a good one.