The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-19-2021

Greetings, gang.

28 and some clouds overhead this morning with yet more high winds planned. Could get to the mid 40s but with winds over 35 mph it won't be all that nice of a day. Very light winds tomorrow but then they come roaring back on Sunday with winds expected to hit over 40 mph.

Yesterday was a pretty quiet day. Walmart run early and not much else accomplished. Only thing left on the list for Thanksgiving is the perishable stuff - carrots, celery, onions, etc. This morning I'll head to the gym as usual and the rest of the day will be filled with as yet undetermined activities.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-19-2021

Good afternoon folks

It is 43 and supposed to reach 47.

I have not been on much this week. The situation with my wife took a drastic turn on Tuesday evening. She started having more frequent episodes of the chills and fever with the fever reaching 102. She was also having more breathing attacks. After several tries finally convinced her to be taken to the ER. We found out that she has a large blood clot obstructing one of her airways in her right lung. On top of that she has a urinary tract infection. She is in the hospital on a heparin drip and antibiotics. They are trying to get her blood to the consistency that will stop forming other blood clots and will allow the body to dissolve the one she has. They are also keeping a close on things to prevent her from developing pneumonia. At times she seems better and at others not so much. She is very tired and still having coughing spells along with fever spikes. Right now, we do not know how long she will be in the hospital. They are talking about her going to a rehab center before she comes home. It could take up to 3 months for the clot to dissolve on its own.

I have been trying to keep busy around the house doing things like laundry, some cleaning, and other chores. This weekend I will continue the laundry and stuff. If the weather permits, I can start putting the outdoor furniture away for the winter.

I have been working on the layout to help with keeping busy and the mind off things. I have glued down some of roadbed and ran some trains. I plan to attach the track to the glued roadbed and glue the roadbed for the other track and attaching that track. If I get the track down run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-20-2021

Gosh, Tom. I hope your wife is doing better this morning!

Greetings, gang.

Skies are clearing, the wind is dying down, and the temperature is rising. High near 50 today with only light breezes. That will change tomorrow as winds are expected to be near 40 mph.

Pretty quiet day yesterday. This morning starts off with great-grandsons basketball at 8:30 and lasts until probably around lunch time. One has a double header at 8:30 and 9:30 and the other has a game at a different location at 10:30. Laundry is already underway and if the forecast holds (as I'm sure it will haha) I may get the bike out for a ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-20-2021

Good morning all
         Tom, I hope your wife is doing better today. I have here in my prayers. 
          Cold and frost this AM. I ran trains for 2 hours last, first time in a year.  Blew the leaves out of the back yard yesterday so the dogs would not be bringing them into the house. 
          I hope to do some minor work on the RV later but nothing serious planned, the maybe some train work tonight. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-20-2021

Good morning good people of Big Blue, Tom, your wife is really having a bad time, I hope they can get things back to normal for her soon. She;s in the right place for the care she needs, prayers for her recovery....

Going to put up the Christmas tree today, it's already got lights, I just need to add some balls and a few things. Decorating a tree has never been high on the list of things I like to do, I guess it goes back to my childhood when it was my job to put on the tinsel, those little silver strands were tedious to put on and later take off. I'm not even sure they sell that stuff now, but no way I'll ever get near it if they do. Nope

The station around the corner had gas for $3.51, the next day it went to $3.59 in the morning, $3.69 in the afternoon and $3.79 the next day. They no longer jump a few cents at a time.

Well, gotta go get breakfast then make room for the tree, did get all my presents wrapped yesterday, good thing, I kept playing with the, "Choo Choo Train" I got my great-grandson. Push the smokestack and it plays different toots, push the riding platform and it plays different music and songs. Almost decided to keep it.... Icon_lol

Have a great weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-20-2021

Good evening folks

Just getting a chance to sit down in front of the computer. Thanks for the well wishes. Went over to visit the wife. She is more alert and active. However, we are still not out of the woods. They found a second clot. This one in her leg. She is also very anemic. This morning they gave her a blood transfusion and are giving her iron. Her breathing is better, but she has to take a noticeable breath before she talks. For now, we are staying the course of blood thinners with frequent blood tests. We are hopeful she will be home for Thanksgiving.

In the effort to maintain my sanity my daughter and I put away the outside furniture. Tomorrow we are going to impress her boy friend into helping to move the potted plants to their winter home in the attic.

I attached the track to the glued roadbed last night and a little bit ago reattached it to the rest of the layout. I successfully ran several trains over the section. One issue I am having is some locos stalling going through the switches. I am using Atlas switches and I know they have insulated frogs. I am also running DC. I been researching solutions but have come to the conclusion that electrical wiring is a field I will never grasp. All I have done is to frustrate myself. At times I which someone could come over and show me how to do it.

I did change out the plastic couplers on six Bowser hoppers last night. I have a bunch more to go. Some need metal wheels along with the couplers.

I am going to head back downstairs trying to keep busy and the mind from thinking too much.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-20-2021

Oh Tom not a fun ordeal. What caused the clots?
Hello Blue
Well warm is over looks like 40 is a good number now.
The movie Christmas Vacation has already been on and now Home Alone so the time has come.
I did nothing constructive today, watched two football games. No trains.
S..J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-20-2021

(11-20-2021, 07:37 PM)sir james Wrote: Oh Tom not a fun ordeal. What caused the clots?

Not sure yet. One suspect is the medication to control her bleeding prior to the surgery she had back in the beginning of September. She was on the medication longer than orginally planned since the surgery had gotten delayed by three months.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-21-2021

Good morning all, Tom, I hope your wife is doing better today, she is in our prayers. Strange how some medication meant to help us can do harm, some have wicked side-affects as well.

Today should be still in the mid 80's, then into the high 70's starting on Tuesday. Also some say a decent chance of rain Tuesday, others don't think that high, but it's probably two months since we've sen even a trickle,  we're hoping, hoping....

Got the tree up yesterday, Pat came by to borrow a tool and got enlisted to get it out of storage and help put it up. Now I need to get it decorated, don't expect much, but I'll get some on it. Outside decoration is simple, already have hooks for hanging wreaths just need a extension cord to light the big one up.

Tomorrow we go target shooting, need to fill up the truck, Costco and Sam's Club the cheapest at $3.55, most everyone else hanging in there at $3.79 except some nearby Cheveron stations. at $4.09. Don't even want to think what this week will bring from the oil and gas industry.

Watch a bit of football today, and finish up with the decorating. More and more folks have some good-looking outdoor decorations, not sure how they got them up that quickly....

Take care and have a great and peaceful day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-21-2021

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 43 at the moment with some rather brisk winds outside. The high is only predicted to be in the mid 40s so not much warmup today.

Got several things done yesterday. I had three basketball games in the morning. Also managed to get the laundry caught up and tried to go for a bike ride but it was just too cold. Only managed about 5.5 miles. Then I cleaned up hopefully the last batch of leaves from the yard. I'll need to dispose of those tomorrow. Watched a rather routine F1 race this morning. Next I'm going to attempt to make some cookies from a recipe I got from my daughter-in-law. Also doing some minor house cleaning.

Tom - glad to hear your wife is improving, albeit slowly. Prayers for continued improvement.

Don - here's a link that tries to explain why Costco has cheaper gasoline.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/20/business/gas-prices-costco-walmart-bjs/index.html

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-21-2021

Tom prayers for your wife. hope she is home soon.
Gloomy in the 40s, some rain expected this afternoon.
Wife went to church, I watched from home, can hear better on the laptop. I have High frequency loss that makes voices hard to understand. I can hear the coffee perking downstairs in the kitchen but don't know what my wife said from the other room.
Not sure if anyone here would be interested and hope I'm not breaking the rules it's mostly all 3 rail but give OGF a try. O Gauge Forum. (not that better known one)
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-21-2021

Tom - Prayers for your wife and family...
Hope she feels better fast!!

Wish I could get there to help with the electrical.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 11:37 AM)sir james Wrote: Tom prayers for your wife. hope she is home soon.
Gloomy in the 40s, some rain expected this afternoon.
Wife went to church, I watched from home, can hear better on the laptop. I have High frequency loss that makes voices hard to understand. I can hear the coffee perking downstairs in the kitchen but don't know what my wife said from the other room.
Not sure if anyone here would be interested and hope I'm not breaking the rules it's mostly all 3 rail but give OGF a try. O Gauge Forum. (not that better known one)
S.J.

SJ, had several hearing aids over the years, had problems with them all since technology kind of just gave you either a flat boost or could boost either end of the spectrum. I have a dip in the range where women speak, I couldn't hear any of the reading or homily at church as well, even with an expensive aid. I just got a new aid a few weeks ago and what a blessing. It's tuned to fit my hearing loss and I have several different programs I can switch to depending on where I am. I heard every word at church this morning, I can understand what women are saying and I can hear things that I never knew made those sounds. They  are working on my left ear now, so that an aid in that ear will transmit sounds to the right ear. I still won't be able to tell directions that sounds are coming from, but I'll know what's going on at my left. The nice thing, I can control it all using my cell phone. Better yet, the insurance company picked up a big chunk of the cost.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-21-2021

Yes Don that is my problem too. We went to a memorial service last week and while the speaker volume was fine, for most of it, I have no idea what was said.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 12:03 PM)ezdays Wrote: I have a dip in the range where women speak

Isn't that true of all married men? Eek Icon_lol

Tom