The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 04:44 PM)FiatFan Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 12:03 PM)ezdays Wrote: I have a dip in the range where women speak

Isn't that true of all married men? Eek Icon_lol

Tom

Believe me, it comes in handy sometimes. Was at a dinner a week or so ago and the woman at my right asked me if I heard what the woman at my left just said, my reply, 'just noise".... What, you said something?????

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-22-2021

Greetings, gang.

Coldest day of the season so far. Got down to 16 overnight. Supposed to get to the mid 30s this afternoon.

Quiet day here yesterday. Watched a rather boring F1 race in the morning. Then made a batch of cookies from a recipe my daughter-in-law gave me. Interesting experiment and I learned a lot. This morning I need to make a final grocery run and finish cleaning. Daughter and family (and 2 dogs) arrive tomorrow. I'm running into a problem as my grandson has requested a chocolate cream pie (his favorite). I went to 3 grocery stores yesterday and no one had one. Considering going to Burger King to see if they have any individual servings.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-22-2021

Gas price doing its usual goofiness. $3.06 last night around 6. This morning it was $3.24

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-22-2021

Good early afternoon, just got back from target shooting. Heavy winds and a bit cool, but still fun. Hit a bottle, the water runs out and the wind rolls it so you now have a moving target.

Costco still the lowest here for regular gas at $3.59, most still at $3.79, some at $3.82. Can't keep up with it. I got it why they can sell gas well below the average, their buying power and high sales volume, but still profitable.

Tired, need to go to the Post Office, then rest. Got dinner covered for tonight, tomorrow we go to Pat's MIL for dinner so no worries there.

Heading into Thanksgiving, still working on Christmas decorations, glad I started early this year.

Take care and have and enjoyable day..

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-23-2021

Greetings, gang.

Clear and a gorgeous sunrise this morning outside my window. 29 right now headed for the mid 50s this afternoon but 30+ mph winds will kind of ruin that.

Not much left to do today. Clean the kitchen floor and run the vacuum is about all. Kids won't be here until this evening. They need to make a stop in Sioux City in time for a friend's lunch break. Looks like I'll even have time to go to the gym this morning. It will be the last time for a week. I found a chocolate pie at the grocery store yesterday. Looks like they had just restocked the shelf so all is good.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-23-2021

Hello Blue
Sun and 25 this morning. Lite frost early.
Gonna get an at home haircut this morning. My wife does a good job. She won't let me cut hers though. Don't blame her.
Man I can taste that turkey dinner already. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-23-2021

Good morning folks, it might not get to 80 today, but the chance of rain has diminished from around 40% to 1 to 15%, meaning just another dry day today.

Slowly working on getting the Christmas decorations up. I hope they're finished by this weekend, not that they are that elaborate, just taking my time with what I am doing.

Got stuff to do, so probably nothing train-wise. Maybe start on that kit, I have a place for it on the layout and a really spooky reason for putting it there...

Have a great day.... Goldth

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-24-2021

Greetings, gang.

48 now but the temperature will start to fall later this morning as one of those nefarious "fronts" comes through, shifting the wind to the north.

The household is slowly starting to wake up. Company this evening and of course tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-24-2021

Good morning everyone. 
        I have made a double batch of egg noodles for tomorrows festivities and they are almost dry enough to bag. We are going to my middle sons for dinner and a lot of the little ones will be present. My son requested I make the noodles and the onion stuffing however I have declined the stuffing because my grand daughter is making the turkey. 
        I worked in the train room for a while last night but I for some reason could not get warm. I couldn't get warm in the house either and I was thinking something was wrong so I went to bed around 11 PM and turned the electric blanket on.  I woke up cold this morning again so I walked over and checked the thermometer and it was 62 degrees in the house. 
My wife dresses like an Eskimo and instead of taking off a sweater she turns the heat back. I don't know how to explain how a thermostat works, but I really could get by with a off/on switch because that is how both the heat and AC are regulated here  Icon_e_biggrin.
         Still praying for Tom's wife and I hope everyone here is well. 
Have a happy Thanksgiving. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-24-2021

Good morning all. Wow, we got rain yesterday, lots of it. I counted 46 drops in the driveway and 16 on the sidewalk. It was hard to count the drops in the street since it's blacktop, but let's just give the "1% chance of rain" folks their due. Waiting We had rain scheduled for this weekend, but that big "L" was being pushed out by that huge "H" on the weather map, and so we have to settle for those few drops from yesterday.

All set for Thanksgiving, got a small turkey, will cook, then freeze most of it. Thanksgiving dinner at my son's house on Saturday so some out-of-town family members can be here. Want to watch the parade tomorrow, usually watch it on NBC, but they have had that station blocked on DISH for over a month now because they can't agree on a price increase. It never makes sense to me, the station gets no revenue for all the time they block DISH or whoever they are in dispute with at the time, plus a reduced revenue from advertisers, then when they finally settle, it may take years to make up the lose, plus the lose of viewers that may not come back.

So much for that soap box, time to start working on my DPM structure. Still fooling around with decorating the Christmas tree, but I'm not spending a lot of time doing it.

Take care and have a safe and happy day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-24-2021

(11-24-2021, 09:02 AM)ezdays Wrote:  Want to watch the parade tomorrow, usually watch it on NBC, but they have had that station blocked on DISH for over a month now because they can't agree on a price increase. It never makes sense to me, the station gets no revenue for all the time they block DISH or whoever they are in dispute with at the time, plus a reduced revenue from advertisers, then when they finally settle, it may take years to make up the lose, plus the lose of viewers that may not come back.

Take care and have a safe and happy day.

Don, I know you probably are not allowed an outside antenna but maybe have a place in an attic for one of these? https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Antenna-Degree-Rotation-Wireless/dp/B07TVNK79J/ref=asc_df_B07TVNK79J/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366289984963&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14260504810672491487&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9015425&hvtargid=pla-810760983302&ref=&adgrpid=74356900777&th=1

We got rid of dish 6 years ago and we get over 60 local channels in our remote area from this antenna. The trouble is with the new tv's you might have to rescan for channels because most of the tuners don't allow direct entry of a channel.  We find we get enough entertainment from the roku and Britbox and Acorn paid subscriptions.  NBC has a stream service called Peacock https://www.peacocktv.com/ that has a free plan and they plan to stream the parade. I don't watch them but we get 3 different NBC channels over the air and my wife will watch it for sure. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-24-2021

(11-24-2021, 09:18 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Don, I know you probably are not allowed an outside antenna but maybe have a place in an attic for one of these? https://www.amazon.com

We got rid of dish 6 years ago and we get over 60 local channels in our remote area from this antenna. The trouble is with the new tv's you might have to rescan for channels because most of the tuners don't allow direct entry of a channel.  We find we get enough entertainment from the roku and Britbox and Acorn paid subscriptions.  NBC has a stream service called Peacock https://www.peacocktv.com/ that has a free plan and they plan to stream the parade. I don't watch them but we get 3 different NBC channels over the air and my wife will watch it for sure. 
Charlie

Charlie, I have an indoor antenna and can get the local NBC channel on one TV, but not the other (too many walls). An outdoor one would be great if I can get my son to help put it up (Pat, are you reading this?). By our city ordinance, an HOA cannot restrict the placement of outdoor antennas.... The problem is that I like to record it and then I can skip the commercials and other BS. Now I have to buy a DVR or pay for streaming. Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-25-2021

Everyone have a Great Day!!!

Norfolk & Western 611 At Strasburg PA

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-25-2021

Happy Thanksgiving, gang!

Al stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-25-2021

Good morning all and a very Happy Thanksgiving, even to those that don't celebrate that today. Watching to Macy's parade on CBS, not sure but I can get NBC with an indoor antenna, so I might just switch in a few minutes. The parade isn't about jabbering with each other and talking over what's going on down on the street. On the other hand, sometimes the voice-overs coming from "singing sensations", is kind of annoying to. One way or another, I will get to watch the parade, and maybe a bit of football later. I remember going to high school and we'd always play the same team every Thanksgiving morning. No TV parades or football games, not too many folks had TV yet back then. We had a 9" B/W and that was good. Now I'm watching on a 55" and wondering if I should go bigger.

Have a great day today whatever you do. Really glad most store workers get to stay home today, and my best go out to those that do have to work today, medical workers. police, service people and first responders especially.