The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 12-31-2021

ugh cold rainy and overcast causing my joints to ache think i will go take a nap .
jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-31-2021

It's getting closer to Midnight..

Happy New Year, Blue!!!!!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-31-2021

Happy New Year.

It looks as if my plans for the night have gone belly up. For years KUSC has had a music show over new years, playing records in a "quiz" with questions like "Does anyone in the next record hit a right note?" and other obscure little bits. They have something else on now that promises to go to midnight their time.

About a dozen years ago, we went to the Rose Parade. Our campground couldn't give us a space, but the Rose organization let us dry camp in "Parson's Parking Lot". That was lucky as we were within walking distance of the parade when we woke up. (The campground was out near the Big Boy). I listened to the show on the radio that night.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Schraddel - 01-01-2022

Happy New Year and the best wishes for everyone!

Lutz

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-01-2022

Happy New Year, gang!

-1 now headed for +1.  Current wind chill is -22.  There's a 50% chance of less than a half inch of snow.  At one time they were predicting possibly a couple of inches but the storm has veered to the south slightly.

Well, 2021 is behind us for better or worse.  I went wild and crazy in my celebration last night.  Made a bag of 100 calorie microwave popcorn and then melted some butter to put on it.  Laundry is the only plan for today.

Don - I saw this and thought of you.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-01-2022

Charlie, it was a good suggestion but I doubt the library would allow a third party computer or game console on their network. I considered visiting my daughter or grandson as they both have very fast (at least, compared to mine) connections.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-01-2022

Good morning to you all and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR on this first day of 2022. It doesn't seem that long ago when we were in the 1990'a, but then, a lot has happened since then. Let's hope this is the year that we have unity and folks forget about harming others in the name of their cause, whatever that may be.

Yeah Tom, that cartoon is a perfect example of what I've been talking about. I was watching a bowl game yesterday and a college player broke up a pass play and two of them did some pre-rehearsed routine like they just struck gold or they were on the Broadway stage, and I switched to another channel. I've said it before, but can you imagine, when I was working that we danced around like chickens, did high-fives and mooned the camera every time we shipped a product. I can see the first time they try to do that on the automobile assembly line.

Apparently we did get some rain last night but not enough to discourage those bent on keeping me awake. They started around 8:00 and went past midnight with their fireworks.

Everyone have a calm New Year Day, and I wish you all a peaceful and prosperous new year.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-01-2022

Good morning and Happy New Year. 
        I worked in the train room yesterday for a while and scanned the instructions for a new heater for the RV. The print was so small the best option was to scan and blow it up. 

Tom, every library around here has open wifi, you don't even have to go inside if you don't want to, so does McDonalds and Home Depot for that matter. 

I am hoping to do some traveling this year and I would like to see gas back under 2 bucks a gallon but I will travel regardless. I am tired of being cooped up.

We just passed out a record number of covid test kits last week and now surprise surprise, we have a record number of folks testing positive.

Sauerkraut and Italian Sausage is on the menu today.  

Stay safe
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-01-2022

Happy New Year Blue.
37 degrees and going down with our first real snow on the way. Yuck

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-01-2022

Happy New Year folks

It a dreary day with temperatures in the 50's. We have one more mild day and then the bottom falls out.

Not doing much today. We had our traditional pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potato dinner. Have to have that cabbage on New Year's Day for luck.

I might try doing some inventorying in a little bit.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-02-2022

Good morning everyone, had enough bowl games yesterday to last me though this year and next. Never watched one from beginning to end, the same for the Rose Parade.  Maybe I getting bored easily in my old age, but I guess I don't like the way they play football anymore. The parade was no different than the last one, lots of floats and marching bands and commentators that constantly had to chatter even when the bands were playing. Anyway, I did relax the whole day except when I had to clean up after dinner.

We had lots of rain in the forecast all through next week, but apparently those storms are headed somewhere else and our chances are down to just a few percentage until mid next week. Today is the last day in the 50's, a steady increase until we reach the 70's next week.

Today should be time to take down the Christmas decorations. Don't have that much to do, but it's sad, it seems like they just went up.

Take care, prayers for those in need, and peace to all....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-02-2022

Greetings, gang.

-7 with a wind chill of -22. Brrr!

Nothing happened here yesterday and today looks to be the same. In a way I'll be glad to see the weekend over and start getting out again.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-02-2022

Hello Blue
We have about four inches of new snow on the ground @ 24 degrees.
We always watch the Rose Bowl parade and being born a Buckeye it is a federal law that say's I have to watch the Buckeye games.
Twas a nailbiter as Ohio De-Fence allowed too many points.
No plans for today. S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-02-2022

Good afternoon folks

It is currently 59 going to 61. Hard to believe that by morning we could have snow. We are under a Winter Weather Advisory for the possibility of 1 to 3 inches of snow.

We didn't do much yesterday and today is shaping up to be the same. I think we got the winter doldrums around here. I do need to throw some laundry in the washer.

I will be working on inventorying those kits and unweathered rolling stock. I might fiddle with the layout some later.

I should make a grocery store run but I fear the Bread and Milk Panic since they mentioned snow.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-03-2022

Good Monday mornin' to ya all, the fist day of a whole year of workweeks. Today also marks my 21st year of retirement. Looking for that boost in retirement pay from the government, those guys that also boosted my monthly contribution to Medicare. I remember one year they took 100% of my increase towards the increase in Medicare. I wonder what kind of boost congress has given themselves, I'll bet it's more than 100 bucks a month....

Early temps are a bit chilly, high 30's, still staying in the 60's for another day or two. I've seen worse here, even snow in the Phoenix area. It does occasionally snow in the high desert, on the north edge of the valley. Doesn't last long, but it's a beautiful sight seeing cactus covered in the white stuff. No mad dashes to empty the bread and milk shelves though, I'm not even sure that there are any snow plows this far south in Arizona except for the mountains outside of Tucson where you can actually go skiing.

Time to get ready to go out to breakfast. We did find out a thing or two about Brenda's new owner, she bought a restaurant that was customer friendly, but told the cook that she "was not here to make friends". That explains her attitude and why there may only be two or three customers there in the morning when there used to be close to two dozen. We still go there because of the cook who still knows us by name and will sit an talk when she's not busy, which is often...

Take care and have a pleasant day today...