The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9237)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-03-2022

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 9 outside headed for 34 later on. Warm (comparatively) today and tomorrow then back in the freezer section by Wednesday.

Yesterday was pretty quiet up until about 5 PM. That's when the furnace quit working. Furnace guy showed up about 6:30 and had it going in about 20 minutes. It quit working again about 7:15. Called him back and he finally made it back around 9. Got it going again and it worked fine for a while. Shut it down for the night. This morning it started just fine but has started acting up again. I'll call him after 8.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-04-2022

Greetings, gang.

30 now headed for 37 later. Then the wind picks up slightly (35 mph tonight and 45 mph tomorrow) as the temperature drops to the low single digit.

Furnace guy showed up yesterday about 9. Got everything going again. Worked great all day. This morning I turned it back up and it's been acting up again. Starting to get annoyed. Nothing else on the agenda other than wait for the repairman.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-04-2022

Good morning all, sub-zero temps outside, mid to high 30's heading into the 60's. No rain, nothing significant until next week, but that can change. I see them working around the baseball fields, we're not that far away from Spring Training, that's when a bunch of guys with gloves on stand outside the practice fields hoping to catch a fly ball. I can never understand why they do that because I'm not sure just how many fly balls go over the fences, and these guys risk running out into the street in some areas.

We've had an update to our software, the next time you want to upload several photos, you can do them as a group rather than one at a time. You can also drag and drop them, just minimize your windows and drag one from the File Explorer to the box in the composition page.

Today is paperwork day for me, banking and updating some legal stuff. Don't have much time for my layout, but the next thing I need to do there is to clear away the clutter and finish the trackwork.

Everyone have a fun and warm day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 01-04-2022

hi gang , its another frosty night here , we been spoilt by the spring like weather .

ezdays , the photo thing update works great

our local big hospital is closed to all visitors due to covid outbreak again

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-05-2022

Good morning all, not so cold right now, 5 AM and temps around 40, highs for this week and next just around 70 give or take a few degrees.

Was busy yesterday working on banking and legal stuff, the same for today. Why so long, well I let my bank statement stack up and when the pile falls over, it's time to balance them. Surprise, they balanced with what I had. I remember trying to balance one checking account when we didn't have computers or even a calculator and adding machines were big bulky things that accountants used. If I came within $100 of what the bank said I had, I was happy with that. It's hard to imagine life without a computer and a smart phone or a microwave oven, but us old folk lived it.

The group upload for photos seems to be working well as are a few things in the background. The update has brought us better security and fixed a few broken things, so all-in-all, we're pleased, and we weren't shut down for that long. A big round of applause to Pat for doing this in record time. Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Take care, stay warm and enjoy the day.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-05-2022

Greetings, gang.

It's a frosty 5 headed for 11 with winds near 45 mph. Overnight we had winds near 40 mph. Downright breezy out there.

Another day of furnace woes yesterday. No closer to a solution. More of the same today. I had to leave the furnace set at 70 overnight. Normally I turn it down to 60. I did manage to get a few errands run yesterday so it wasn't a total waste. Furnace guy should be here again this morning around 9 but will only be here briefly due to a prior commitment. Personally I'm leaning toward replacing the darn thing as it's 20 years old. Only other activity is bill paying and maybe a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-05-2022

Good morning Blue
       It is a little warmer here today but there is snow in the forecast. 
I can't get much ambition. Both of my hands are hurting and I am using heat and cold compresses. 
Tom, 20 years is nothing in the life of a furnace. If it is gas it sounds like a bad gas valve to me. I have electric baseboard because I don't have gas and no room for a furnace anyhow. 
Prayers for everyone. Things are getting better. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-05-2022

Don:
Bob Newhart talks about his accounting career and his theory of accounting.
He felt that trying to account for a $2 or $5 discrepancy at the end of the day would cost the company more than that, and that it would probably balance out in the end. (remembered from reading his autobiog long tme ago).
I'm still going and taking more pills at odd intervals than I can keep track of.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-06-2022

Good morning everyone, still pretty chilly here, just about 40 at 5 AM, around 70 later on.

Got a easy day today, finished with all the paperwork, got a woodworking project that I've been meaning to do for a long time, did buy the material I need so I think I'll do that today.

David, that's true, I remember an episode of Lucy where the bank she was working at was a penny short. They had spend a lot of time recalculating so she threw a penny in the pot, only to find out now they were a penny over and had to start over again to find the error. In my case, the error always came close to correcting itself by the next month's statement. Now, with Quicken, I can go a few months between reconciling accounts. Probably not wise to go that long, but like trackwork, it's not on my list of fun things to do....

Have a great day everyone, and stay away from those viruses going around. Went to Costco the other day, most everyone had TP and/or paper towels in their baskets, but no feeding frenzy and plenty of stock. Not sure if they're still limiting to one per customer, but I saw no hoarders or hogs.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-07-2022

Greetings, gang.

-8 headed for +15. 'Nuff said.

Getting annoyed with furnace repair guy. Now he's not returning my calls. On the other had the furnace seems to be working ok at the moment. Not much on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-07-2022

Good morning all, today is suppose to be the first 70 degree day of the year. The rainfall map shows one short shower in Mesa, about 20 miles from here, nothing else anywhere. That's a good thing today since we've changed our target shooting schedule from next week to today. Still going to be a bit chilly where we go, but it's still going to be nice to get out.

Gas prices plummeted down a few pennies here to $3.75, I filled up at Costco yesterday at $3.35.

Take care everyone, stay safe, not sure what the rules are about COVID, but stay away from strangers which is usually a good idea anyway.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-07-2022

Hello Blue
We are sitting in a sunny room with a temp of 10 degrees outside. 20 is the Hi for today.
I'm happy to say, no new snow. We still have some on the ground, but it is down below grass height.
Covid cases are really high here in Michigan, all the hospitals are screaming "doom and gloom".
My wife says an unmasked bowler was hassling those that did wear one. Good thing I wasn't there, might be in jail this morning.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 01-07-2022

Good evening folks

I have not been around much the last few days as they were some very rough days. Our 19 year old cat suddenly started having problems. On Sunday night we noticed his hind area was wet with urine. Other than that he showed no signs of a problem. He was eating well, drinking normally, doing everything he normally did. We cleaned him up thinking he may have sat in it while going. He has done that in the past. Monday everything was good. Tuesday evening he was wet again. Took him to the vet and they found his bladder extremely enlarged. We then took him to the University of Pennsylvania Veterinary Hospital. They stabilized him and kept him overnight. The next day we got a call that things were not good He had a large tumor blocking flow from both his kidneys and from the bladder. It was probably cancer and it appeared to have spread to the lymph nodes near his heart. Yesterday afternoon with my son, my wife, and I present he passed. This has been pretty devastating to us since he was a huge part of our lives. To my son it is a huge loss as he has been together with the cat since he was four years old. They grew up together and my son is taking it very hard as he has lost his best friend and constant companion. Funny how these furballs wrong their way into our hearts.

I did do some inspection of some freight cars to determine what is needed to bring them up to standards for my railroad. Lots of plastic wheels, and Athearn coupler clips to be screwed down.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - Schraddel - 01-08-2022

Hello,

@ Tom
Sad to hear you cat has passed away. But 19 years are really a proud age for a cat.

Here the life is not as good as it could be. Late October we missed our male cat, since then it is disappeared. My wife was diagnosed breast cancer the second time, she is now in chemotherapy with all it's nasty adverse effects. Oneself got the booster (third) vaccination last Thursday, now feeling better again. Also i help my wife, driving her to and from hospital for regular threrapy and often for extra treatment because of these incalculably adverse effects caused by the chemo.
Therefor i cannot post here as much as i want to do.
Yesterday i was nearly all the time out for making settlements. First bringing her to hospital by car (she should not use public buses or streetcars), then again som time later we had a due date for new driving licenses in the city bureau. As she was feeling still sick i did this alone to pick up our new driving licenses, this time riding by streetcar (no parking lots available in the city). Third time out to pharmacy to fetch Rx medicine for wife, this time by bike.
Last night snow was falling, bot now is melting away because temperature has risen above 0°C

Lutz

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-08-2022

Good morning all, wow, Tom and Lutz, I feel for you both, I am not a real pet person, but I do understand the attachment that folks have to theirs, and they indeed become part of the family. Lutz, I wish the best for you and your wife, you are in my prayers. One thing I don't understand, how does a Motor Vehicle Department not have a parking lot? How do they manage to give drivers tests to new drivers without a vehicle? Waiting 

Went target shooting yesterday, was cold enough to wear heavy coats and I put shooting gloves on. Two hours later, no gloves, no jacket, just really nice weather. I still don't understand how we can hit golf balls at some 50' away, but not a water bottle 10' away. It boggles the mind. Nope Came back with a list of things that some of my guns needed work on, that should keep me busy today.

I would like to have one of those in-home COVID test kits, but no need to shop for them, "out of stock", even though stores have doubled their prices (around $25, up from $10), and have limited purchases. Still, limited them to 10 kits makes it ripe for opportunists to sell them on eBay for much more than they paid and scammers to sell kits that don't work.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend.